ADVERTISEMENT

WPIAL 6A Rankings

Is the PCC Lebo game live-streamed somewhere. That’s a shocker but have to agree that you can’t lose when up 16-0.

1. NA
2. Lebo
3. PCC
4. CMac
5. SV

It always feels good to beat PCC. Lebo still missing a few players. Fourth win over PCC in the last three years.
Well.... tiger may be right, but for now, i say-

#1- Tie- Lebo, NA and PCC

SV and CM are a few steps below

But, really does not matter- NA plays both teams in the next 3 weeks, with PR in between, we will all know for sure- if NA goes 3-0, then yep, NA is best, and may go far, still not sure if they can BEAT the best, but they may get to play SJP in the final. Problem is bad competition, and playing "down" against 5A teams, might hurt NA, not being "battle-tested" against better teams, they have a low "strength of schedule"

Who in 2019 would have ever thought that 5A P-R would hurt NA’s strength of schedule and being battle tested.

Speaking of disturbing offense, I think Lebo turned the ball over 6 times. 3 captains are injured and hopefully they’re back soon. Very sloppy.

I am honestly shocked. Respect to pine Richland. WPIAL is horrible this year. Seriously doubt any state titles from this area

not in 5A or 6A

they have a good shot in the other classes
agreed, its just a really bizarre thing, only having 5 teams- most conferences have more than 6 teams, but this "whole 6A district" has only 5 teams, just not a good model- some other conferences are gonna have big advantages playing a whole season against bigger schools

According to twitter, centrals coaching staff is changing heavily. Good thing IMO. We should be better with the talent we have

viking- have you heard for sure- is this happening "now?"
I heard rumblings after last season, parents/coaches were not happy with the 47-7 loss to Lebo. Some coaches were on the “hot seat” I didn’t hear much about it after that until the loss to PR. Apparently it was the straw that broke the camels back. Apparently, DC Fleming and his son left. Although I feel like the defense has been fine this year. The offense is the one that can’t generate points.

that’s what I’ve heard in the social circles.

Reactions: new2pa
New, I think you gave up on Sen Val too soon. Ha! They've put together a nice run and with CC and NA yet to play; it's in their hands. You had them pretty high 'early' as I recall.

The Wpial is sure a mess at 6A. Be nice seeing someone (I'm repeating myself) petition D7 and the PIAA for a waiver, something allowing the district to merge with 5A or at least with the bigger 5A schools.
I think you and Haus were on to this at one point.

I think I may have, however, SV's record is deceiving:

The beat a decent Penn Hills team.

The beat P-R before the move of Palmeiri to QB and Carrigan to O, and adopting the old spread looks. P-R may be the best team in the WPIAL now.

They beat a 2-5 Lebo team, who gave them 5 turnovers.

They beat Butler...

They beat Hempfield, who's star QB broke his collarbone the week before and it out for the season.

So, unless and until they beat one of the two big boys in 6A, I'm staying off the bandwagon I created. If they go 0-2, they are out of the playoffs because of a HOME loss to Canon-Mac. If they go 2-0, they win 6A. How about that.

I think Seneca were rated way too high this season. A lot of people expected them to dominate the WPIAL in the same way Pine, PCC, and Lebo has done in the past few years. Once they lost their first game, everyone switched up and thought they were pretty bad. Now they’re back to being good again.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I really like the “parity” in 6A this year. At this moment in time, there is no true favorite. Every team is close.

That’s insane if Fleming resigned and not their long time OC. They’ve been advanced on defense beyond most teams schematic wise, and their offense has looked JV most years. They don’t look that great running the spread either without jochem whispering in their ears. Just speculation but to me it seems like a power struggle type deal, can’t see totten coaching that much longer.

Everything I have heard from about 10 people is that Fleming left because Totten was benching his son. He played FS.

so did Totten leave also, or just Flemming?
This is pure speculation, but I think Totten will leave after he wins another WPIAL championship. I can’t imagine leaving after a below average season.

I’ll predict PCC wins Wpials next year, then Totten retires.

I think I may have, however, SV's record is deceiving:

The beat a decent Penn Hills team.

The beat P-R before the move of Palmeiri to QB and Carrigan to O, and adopting the old spread looks. P-R may be the best team in the WPIAL now.

They beat a 2-5 Lebo team, who gave them 5 turnovers.

They beat Butler...

They beat Hempfield, who's star QB broke his collarbone the week before and it out for the season.

So, unless and until they beat one of the two big boys in 6A, I'm staying off the bandwagon I created. If they go 0-2, they are out of the playoffs because of a HOME loss to Canon-Mac. If they go 2-0, they win 6A. How about that.
Absolutely. Nuance matters, a strong suit you have that adds credibility. Not easy business researching, videos, etc. Well done 'new2pa-no more!'

Reactions: new2pa
Stalk - HAHAHA - I guess you are correct. No long technically New2PA.

Thankfully stayed off the SV bandwagon. Pulled a full SV this week. Clinch and make playoffs with their best senior class, probably ever. And come up short. Now NA next week in a WIN AND IN scenario. If they lose, they have to pray CMac beats LEBO - both of which are playing for a WIN AND IN.

NA and PCC have clinched playoff spots.

Thankfully stayed off the SV bandwagon. Pulled a full SV this week. Clinch and make playoffs with their best senior class, probably ever. And come up short. Now NA next week in a WIN AND IN scenario. If they lose, they have to pray CMac beats LEBO - both of which are playing for a WIN AND IN.

NA and PCC have clinched playoff spots.
did anybody actually say it is their best senior class ever? why because they have 2 kids going to Navy?

*Best looking / most hyped senior class in the 12 years I’ve been watching.

Seneca Valley has a lot of good athletes. Boys soccer won WPIAL championships in 2018, 2020 and 2021. Baseball won WPIAL titles in 2011, 2012 and 2014. Boys track won the WPIAL in 2017, can't do that without good athletes. I don't think it's about athleticism, after all Butler is horrible at football and just won the WPIAL in track and is top 5 every year.

Seneca Valley has 4 committed D1 players- Luke Lawson (Navy), Lucas Lambert (Robert Morris), Aiden Lyczek (Navy) and Chris D'Appolonia (Toledo). A lot of HS teams would kill for just one. This senior class is loaded and experienced. They are underachieving again. Maybe it's culture. Maybe it's coaching. Who knows?

Reactions: NNFAN
*Best looking / most hyped senior class in the 12 years I’ve been watching.
regarding seneca-
new- agreed, this senior class was hyped for some good reasons- they have some good, big kids, and also skills- and this fall was "year 2" of the "new coaches" from PR. AND, last year they beat PR, as juniors- kind of a big deal, SV had not beaten PR in a along time- last year several of their current senior class were key players on a team that had 7 wins

Reactions: NNFAN and new2pa
NA vs canon mac
Lebo vs Central
Seneca eliminated. Unreal
Perhaps it's time for Seneca Valley to move on from their coaching staff with the exception of the two ex-P-R coaches. To finish last in a five-team classification when they were pre-season favorites to probably go to the PIAA finals? This has to be one of the most disappointing teams in recent memory.

Ron Butschle squandered the best senior class SV has ever had and now they're going to have to start all over again. It may be awhile before they are close to being relevant again.

Wow, what a Friday night. That Seneca NA game must have been wild. Seneca with a 26-14 lead, then NA comes back to shock them 27-26. A very good team eliminated. I thought for sure that Canon Mac was done for the season. Really not fair that a 6-4 team doesn't make the playoffs. North Hills makes the playoffs at 3-7??

Would like to take this opportunity to pat myself on the back as I predicted (back in August on this thread) that LEBO would finish 5-5 but improve as season progressed. LEBO plays their best game of the season, beating a decent Canon Mac team 31-0. I now think they have a chance in 6a... peaking at the right time. With the elimination of a dangerous SV team, the door is wide open for NA.

Wow, what a Friday night. That Seneca NA game must have been wild. Seneca with a 26-14 lead, then NA comes back to shock them 27-26. A very good team eliminated. I thought for sure that Canon Mac was done for the season. Really not fair that a 6-4 team doesn't make the playoffs. North Hills makes the playoffs at 3-7??

Would like to take this opportunity to pat myself on the back as I predicted (back in August on this thread) that LEBO would finish 5-5 but improve as season progressed. LEBO plays their best game of the season, beating a decent Canon Mac team 31-0. I now think they have a chance in 6a... peaking at the right time. With the elimination of a dangerous SV team, the door is wide open for NA.
Great prediction. It also helps that Lebo is getting guys back from injury. Very shocked Seneca is out. They seemed like the best team Lebo played so far.

Big game at home this Friday against Central. No doubt the Vikings are looking to stick it to Lebo since ‘we’ have won 3 straight against them

Reactions: NNFAN
Great prediction. It also helps that Lebo is getting guys back from injury. Very shocked Seneca is out. They seemed like the best team Lebo played so far.

Big game at home this Friday against Central. No doubt the Vikings are looking to stick it to Lebo since ‘we’ have won 3 straight against them
Absolutely Green. Kade Capristo and Johnny McGhee finally back for the Blue Devils. O-line still needs improvement but the defense is lights out. Would like to see Nat Sala with more carries as he's our gamebreaker. Not sure why they have Shields running so much. Turnovers the key as Lebo not a come-from-behind team. C-Mac was a turnover machine last night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT