ADVERTISEMENT

Wood vs. Pennsbury

I was told that PSB did well defensively. They struggled on O as they try to untangle QB situation. The kid forecasted as the starter broke his arm over the summer playing baseball.

Also, I heard that AW is still figuring out their QB situation, too.

One thing I've learned about AW over the last 5-6 years is to not pay too much attention to how they perform in scrimmages. They sort of use these as evaluation time and rarely go all out.

I was told that PSB did well defensively. They struggled on O as they try to untangle QB situation. The kid forecasted as the starter broke his arm over the summer playing baseball.

Also, I heard that AW is still figuring out their QB situation, too.

One thing I've learned about AW over the last 5-6 years is to not pay too much attention to how they perform in scrimmages. They sort of use these as evaluation time and rarely go all out.
Huck, what are your thoughts on the Wood/Wayne,Ohio game this weekend, thanks

Huck, what are your thoughts on the Wood/Wayne,Ohio game this weekend, thanks

It's hard for me to tell. I know Wayne was 14-0 last year until losing to St. Ed's in state final. Looks like they'll be breaking in a new QB, as the kid last year went to MSU.

AW returns a nice group, but I think it's going to take time for new QB to get settled in. Playing them there won't be easy.

As far as a prediction I can't really say without knowing all of the personnel.

It's hard for me to tell. I know Wayne was 14-0 last year until losing to St. Ed's in state final. Looks like they'll be breaking in a new QB, as the kid last year went to MSU.

AW returns a nice group, but I think it's going to take time for new QB to get settled in. Playing them there won't be easy.

As far as a prediction I can't really say without knowing all of the personnel.

I've been searching around trying to find information on AW. I came across this thread and thought I would share some information on Huber Heights Wayne.

You will probably see 3 qb's Friday. Not one has really stood out. They're all good, but not great.

You will hear these names a lot on offense - Fred Pitts (RB), L'Christian Smith (WR), Matt Wilcox (WR/RB).

Wayne will always work out of the spread and will hit you with short passes left and right. If AW has a high powered offense, that will be their only hope. Wayne's defensive line is great but the secondary is young and inexperienced. This team is ranked as high as #3 in the state and as high as 22nd nationally. They have been to the state finals in division 1 (highest class) back to back years and 3 out of the last 5.

Sounds like an interesting match up from what I've read. Wayne's first game is usually a cupcake so this should be a good test.

Also, if you're going to the game, there is plenty of visitor seating and parking. If you're not attending, you can download "oldies 97.3 wswo-lp" on your smart phone to listen in. Broadcast should start around 6:30.

Reactions: CYOBALL1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT