ADVERTISEMENT

CB West / Pennsbury and Other SOL Notes

bucksftball

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2020
Watched this one on the very good WBCB broadcast on the night Pennsbury opened the new stadium / turf. West maintained control even with the failure to finish in the end zone and having to settle for FGs. They held Pennsbury to 124 total yards, all on the ground (40 in the second half), while missing their leading tackler / best LB. Pennsbury doesn't have the weapons they did last year (obviously) but still have some very talented players and play tough, physical football for 48 minutes, as will every team Snyder coaches. QB Beighley is a tough 2-way player and their LB Pimrich is a stud who made a ton of tackles up the middle. For West, Cooper Taylor opened another game with a long run on the first play, and Clemens had around 100 yards rushing again while also kicking two FGs. All in all, a nice win to play spoiler on what was a big night for Pennsbury football. Passing game took a step forward which I expect it will continue to do as Cooper gets more reps in practice and games.

West has North Penn this week. NP still has plenty of weapons and West can't afford to look ahead. North Penn held off Neshaminy last week, having to play their emergency QB in the second half. The parts of the game that I saw, I was surprised at the size up front for Neshaminy. Very good-looking O-line, uniformly big, but... in 2-point stances even when they are under center. More than one person is rolling over in their grave in lower Bucks.

CB South vs East - didn't see much more than a few highlights from this one. Huge win for South in what was a sloppy game with a lot of penalties. Two teams that are very big up front, but not as deep in skill as they have been previous years. South vs Pennsbury next week is a nice matchup, where South will need to match the physicality of Pennsbury. (they can) Should be a very good game. East should rebound against Pennridge.

In the Continental conference, CR South v Quakertown is the one to watch this week. Souderton is the favorite to win it this year, and if one of these teams wants to knock them off, they need to win this one first.

Pennsbury offense couldn’t get anything going. West (like everyone should) was selling out to stop the run. It’s tough when the falcons don’t have that great back from last year. I expect west to continue to roll through what appears to be a pretty weak division (NP, Penns, Nesh, PR are really down).

Was the NP QB change due to injury or poor performance? NP is always dangerous but this is by far the worst NP team I can recall (at least since the early-mid 90s).

The Neshaminy struggles baffle me. The OL issue is surprising when you consider Wilmot was the OL coach there for a long time. One would think that would be their strength.

Is it me or does East consistently come up short in big games? For all the talent they’ve had over the past few years, they’ve won very few big games. Sure they beat the teams they are way better then, but I don’t remember them winning any of the big ones. Maybe that will change this year, but I wouldn’t count on it.

Stalk -

Well, I was thinking of either (1) the fellow in the grave or (2) the private rooms at "E11EVEN Miami" (I just got back from your favorite state after watching the Downingtown game in Langhorne and then heading down to South Beach for a week).

You crack me up!

Pennsbury offense couldn’t get anything going. West (like everyone should) was selling out to stop the run. It’s tough when the falcons don’t have that great back from last year. I expect west to continue to roll through what appears to be a pretty weak division (NP, Penns, Nesh, PR are really down).

Was the NP QB change due to injury or poor performance? NP is always dangerous but this is by far the worst NP team I can recall (at least since the early-mid 90s).

The Neshaminy struggles baffle me. The OL issue is surprising when you consider Wilmot was the OL coach there for a long time. One would think that would be their strength.

Is it me or does East consistently come up short in big games? For all the talent they’ve had over the past few years, they’ve won very few big games. Sure they beat the teams they are way better then, but I don’t remember them winning any of the big ones. Maybe that will change this year, but I wouldn’t count on it.
We'll see how things play out. I still think that there is enough parity in the conference that a top team can get knocked off by NP, East or South. We'll know more of just how good South is this week against Pennsbury, who I think will still be a handful for most teams.

The biggest surprise for me with Neshaminy is that they've got this big o-line playing against a team that has struggled to stop the run as of late... and they seemed to have some success on the ground but ended up throwing it 30 times. Not sure if that was spread out throughout the game or because they were playing catch-up. And again, it's hard to judge when you're not around a program at all, but their hands not being in the dirt was a big surprise.

I'm not going to say much more about East, I expected them to be down this year and then a couple of D1 recruits fell into their laps and expectation certainly grew, we'll see if they can turn things around. South is a very good team so far, so probably no shame in that loss. I would expect them to take care of Pennridge by 2-3 TDs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT