ADVERTISEMENT

Score Here- live scores link

Looks like it was a great game (I caught pieces of it on the streaming feed).

Last edited:
Skins passing attack is starting to click. Manzyk went up on a contested long pass and ripped it down, turned and took off, I thought he was going all of the way, but was stopped. Joyce played great and so did Garlick. McAndrew threw the ball well and made better decisions. The D played great except on two plays, Pinckey's long run for a score and the screen pass to DeLong or Garner, I forget which kid. Otherwise, Neshaminy's D was pretty stout. Looked better than last week.
I am not impressed with Coach H from Pennridge. I know he is held in high regard by a lot of people, but every year it seems his teams struggle with their discipline. It wasn't bad tonight, but Nick Tarburton, who is a big hitter (and was last year as well) has a tendency to get overzealous in the hitting department and had another costly penalty tonight. Kid plays all out on every play though and he is a beast. Hollenbach's play calling wasn't great tonight. His starting QB was highly inaccurate, and instead of trying to get a running game going, he would have Jervis throw, and Neshaminy's secondary s pretty good and 17 was very inaccurate. Why not pound the rock behind that big line? Also Pennridge's backup QB, Kantner seemed to be a better thrower, more accurate, but not like Neshaminy's McAndrew.
Good game with errors by both sides.
Neshaminy lost starting CB Joel Stills with what looked like a knee injury, and starting RB Mike Crescenzo, who was helped off the field. Both injuries were late. Savion Hebron (Vaughan Hebron's kid) replaced both players.

CB South must be pretty good this year. They smoked Abington in week one and Abington smoked PW this week (although, PW may not be very good this year). CB South and Pennsbury look like the two tougher games left for the Skins.

Yes, he has played well both weeks. He replaced Jacob Gordon who graduated and was superb. I was concerned with the smaller size of the two corners as Gordon was 6'2 and could blanket the bigger receivers, but Stills and Griffin are skilled cover guys.

Iron -

McAndrew was 19 of 31 for 297 yards and two TDs (no picks).

He also had the one rushing TD.

Not bad for a sophomore quarterback starting his second game.

Then Joyce, Garlick, Manzyk, Canimore, Leibach -- they have the receivers, for sure.

Nice to have the Rams in the rear view. The Whippets are coming to town at 1-1. They've always got a team but I don't know too much about them this year.

Go 'Skins!!!

I disagree about Tarburton. That "late hit" was boaderline at best. It just happened to be on the skins sideline. Which will get a flag 9/10. You also failed to mention the fumble he recovered on the skins 30 which was over turned in the 2nd half.

The Rams D along with Tarbutron kept them in that game and got key stops in the 2nd half. I do agree with you on the Rams O. They had confusion all night. From personal to just getting lined up. Will be interesting to see how the Rams finish the year because they for sure have some nice pieces.

so the question is, will Tarburton do well as an LB at Penn St. He has the size and power. I did notice he was impatience at times reacting first then having to recover. I don't know if that's because he wasn't sure of where the play was going or the coach sending him. I don't think he has the instinct as Poz did in hs, but PSU is great at getting their LB's ready.

SH -

It seems Tarbuton is really wound up (he's like a coiled spring out there).

The penalty was a close call but he has a lot of "close calls" (he does get to the play and likes to stick it in there - right on the edge). Maybe he needs to work to corral that a bit (for instance, the play where it appeared there was a fumble that he grabbed looked more like two guys wrestling for the ball well after the play was dead - and with his size and power he got the ball).

I'm not dissing him at all as he plays hard with passion (I think he's one of the every tops in the SOL and from what I hear people are saying the state too).

Problem is, though, if you're gonna take everything to the hilt - including bumping into the ref on that one play - you'll get eyes looking your way and eventually somebody pulls a yellow out to calm you down.

But he looks like he has the tools and the desire -- no doubt about that. I'd expect he'll be making noise at the next level.

Didn't see Neshaminy v. Pennridge this year, did last year, but have seen Tarburton before and he is a player who definitely plays to the echo of the whistle. I hope he can play LB at PSU cause he can bring it, but is he fast enough is the question.

As for Hollenbach I think he is legendary cause Pennridge wasn't a good program before him and he played there and his kid played there. But I think his play calling is not the most sound at times for sure. He likes to throw way to much especially when his teams are pounding the opponent. Pennridge won't win their league unless they beat North Penn and that hasn't happened in his second stint. Haven't seen Pennridge yet this year, but I doubt they are as good as the team he had with Joe Unagst, that team was very good. Still like North Penn.

I wasn't dissing Tarburton either. Terrific player who plays full out all of the time. He is going to have to be more careful when the whistle blows though. I saw the same thing last year.
The word on him for next year that I heard was that he is projecting to DL at PSU. He could very well be an Anthony Zettel type (A player I loved at PSU).
I did dis Coach Hollenbach though. I thought his play calling was awful, and his team last year had real discipline problems. This year was better, but not totally.
As for the fumble recover by Tarburton, as stated by Skinner, the play was dead, the ruling was both players had possession and the tie goes to the offense. Tarburton wrestled the ball away after the play was blown dead, therefore no fumble recovery. There was no "overturning' of the officials call. Tarburton is a beast and I am thrilled he is gong to PSU where I can root for him.

Reactions: Relayer
"I think his play calling is not the most sound at times for sure."

Hollenbach is somewhat legendary at Pennridge, you're right, but too often I can't help but wonder why. The only thing that makes me scratch my head more is a Dick Beck timeout 90 seconds into the game.

Reactions: bucksf-ball
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT