ADVERTISEMENT

Ridley

Chadds

Nov 12, 2004
I notice Ridley opens up with Cooper City Florida; any intelligence regarding 2019 Ridley squad and what to ecpect from Cooper City?

I know very little about Cooper City except online statistics. They went 3-7 last year with some monumental blowouts. In talking to Ridley people, they think this is a team they should be able to compete with and is not one of those top notch Florida football programs.

Ridley loses all their skill players and 3/5 o linemen. They have a few more starters returning on D, but overall they are going to have a lot of 1st year players.

Dont see why you need to travel 800miles for a W? You can simply schedule a team around here and get an easy win. Schedule Father Judge....

I know very little about Cooper City except online statistics. They went 3-7 last year with some monumental blowouts. In talking to Ridley people, they think this is a team they should be able to compete with and is not one of those top notch Florida football programs.

Ridley loses all their skill players and 3/5 o linemen. They have a few more starters returning on D, but overall they are going to have a lot of 1st year players.
Thank you Speed

Dont see why you need to travel 800miles for a W? You can simply schedule a team around here and get an easy win. Schedule Father Judge....

Delco,
Not sure if I’d schedule Father Judge if desiring an “easy win”?
Didn’t Ridley lose to Judge at home last year 35-21?
Seems like Ridley looking for a nice road trip, team bonding??

Last edited:
Crazy traveling that far to open a season unless you're gonna play a national schedule. A trip like that could throw a team off for a couple weeks with the travel schedule and distractions around it, especially if it's an ugly loss. On the up side it will make for vood memories!

MN went down to Florida in 2017 and lost their opener 19-18. Went on to play in a total of 13 games that season. If it is structured correctly the Green Raiders should be just fine. While they may have a lot of first year starters I believe the Green Mystique faithful were hinting at having some good classes coming through.

Cheers,

Busch

Reactions: D1sideline
I notice Ridley opens up with Cooper City Florida; any intelligence regarding 2019 Ridley squad and what to ecpect from Cooper City?
Great news for Ridley playing a Florida school but where's the game?

Great news for Ridley playing a Florida school but where's the game?
Game played at Orlando; part of Disney High School kick-off series; several games over a weekend pitting Florida teams and some out of state schools

Game played at Orlando; part of Disney High School kick-off series; several games over a weekend pitting Florida teams and some out of state schools

Thanks Chadds. I've followed Florida FB for some time but don’t know anything about Cooper City who have been below the radar for years. Aside from that they're overshadowed in the county conscious south (Broward County) by state and national powers St. Thomas Aquinas and American Heritage (Plantation campus), making it tough getting info on them. But you can do some digging to find more and there are video highlights.
They were young last year, playing a difficult slate featuring many winning teams. Blown out by historic power Lakeland (7A champ) and a few others. First year coach implemented the Wing T which could be interpreted as a red flag with the popularity of the Spread prioritizing speed and athletes. But teams in FL and GA that are large school powers plus others in many states are winning titles with the Wing-T despite some viewing it as archaic, especially with the popularity and proliferation of the Spread. Good for Ridley going to Disney.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT