ADVERTISEMENT

Quakertown in the SOL American Conference?

SOL#1

Feb 9, 2008
Bensalem
Quakertown has been a very successful program in the SOL American. They are a 6A program. Why does the SOL still have them in SOL American and not in the more geographically suited Continental? Give Tennent a break and chance to build their program and put them in the American. Banas needs to stop ducking better competition and play in the conference that they are more suited for both enrollment wise and geographically.

Reactions: Soup13
Tennent has a higher enrollment than Quakertown, Ridley, Downingtown West and Garnet Valley. Why is their program so bad? I do agree though with what you said regarding the SOL American, but do you really think Banas is responsible for setting up the SOL realignment so he gets in the easier conference?

Here is one preview of the SOL American:

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes.com/sports/20180820/game-on-sol-american-preview/1

Geeez SOL, that is a bit of an aggressive post...and nice for Soup to like it. I guess the North Penn guys are protective. What, did the quakertown guys start going to your Dunkin Donuts in Lansdale with playoff T shirts on? We all know the coach has nothing to do with where they are placed. Tennent is in the right spot to build their program. Quakertown isn't keeping anybody down. But I do agree the move really helped Qtown.

Geeez SOL, that is a bit of an aggressive post...and nice for Soup to like it. I guess the North Penn guys are protective. What, did the quakertown guys start going to your Dunkin Donuts in Lansdale with playoff T shirts on? We all know the coach has nothing to do with where they are placed. Tennent is in the right spot to build their program. Quakertown isn't keeping anybody down. But I do agree the move really helped Qtown.
Pretty common knowledge that Quakertown threaten to bolt to PAC if they were thrown into Continental in Football. You don't think the Head Coach had some input?

PCLfan- Banas has been crying for years... keep my name out your mouth champ.

Tennent has a higher enrollment than Quakertown, Ridley, Downingtown West and Garnet Valley. Why is their program so bad? I do agree though with what you said regarding the SOL American, but do you really think Banas is responsible for setting up the SOL realignment so he gets in the easier conference?

Here is one preview of the SOL American:

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes.com/sports/20180820/game-on-sol-american-preview/1

Yes Banas was responsible for realignment. The PAC was recruiting them and Souderton. With Upper Merion leaving and Norristown too Banas got what he wanted. Banas calls coaches and ADs prior to votes on realignment.

Tennent is bad for numerous reasons, number one is Archbishop Wood. If you are good at football you go to Wood. The youth programs don’t feed to them and get kids lately from the city. And then coaching. With Petine Jr. and Keeney they had winning seasons. How many coaches have gone there without any? I agree that Tennent should play in either of the other two leagues.

Personally I believe the SOL should be based on enrollment and then movement is based on record. Top two teams go up, bottom two go down. And schedule non-league games within the SOL.

Banas did what is right for his school and community and they increased spirit and participation which is good for the overall game. If I was Souderton I'd do exactly the same thing Quakertown did. They need a boost and culturally they are behind the rest of the league and it looks like that trend ain't changing. And Bucks you support scheduling non-league games entirely within the SOL which is entirely what Quakertown does, which tells me if you think Banas does not have the full support of the entire Admin you are crazy. Tennent also needs that opportunity to build it's identity within both the sport and their own community. Prob won't sit well with the NP guys though.

Banas did what is right for his school and community and they increased spirit and participation which is good for the overall game. If I was Souderton I'd do exactly the same thing Quakertown did. They need a boost and culturally they are behind the rest of the league and it looks like that trend ain't changing. And Bucks you support scheduling non-league games entirely within the SOL which is entirely what Quakertown does, which tells me if you think Banas does not have the full support of the entire Admin you are crazy. Tennent also needs that opportunity to build it's identity within both the sport and their own community. Prob won't sit well with the NP guys though.
Was Quakertown a bad football program under Donnelly? Even go back to Cherrybomb. Quakertown was a .500 or better program those years I believe. They were not struggling anywhere near what Tennent, Bensalem, and even Truman in the mid to early 2000's. The move to the American showed me the lack of confidence in the ability of the coaching staff to build a winning program in a competitive conference. Banas might be a great person, great family man and educator, I'm not questioning that, just questioning his coaching ability,

If I was Souderton I'd do exactly the same thing Quakertown did. They need a boost and culturally they are behind the rest of the league and it looks like that trend ain't changing.

If Souderton needs help, where does it end? Souderton is a growing community with a new high school and facilities, plus they are the 9th largest school in District 1. Since when has the Continental become so tough? After NP and occasionally Pennridge, who scares you in that conference?

PCL, can you please explain to me "culturally they are behind the rest....?" I took a Sociology class years ago, please refresh my memory.

Pretty common knowledge that Quakertown threaten to bolt to PAC if they were thrown into Continental in Football. You don't think the Head Coach had some input?
No offense to Qtown people; SOLA losing them would be perceived as a loss? PAC seems like a better fit doesn't it?

I advocate what bucks said by the way...use a soccer model, bottom two move, top two in other conference move up. What do you want me to tell you guys about culture? demographics, tax basis, income? That it costs more to live in Souderton than it did years ago? That the stereotypical tough country Souderton kid exists less and less? That there aren't as much rental properties that North Penn has? That the participation numbers in the sport very well may have to depend on some areas being allowed to build up spirit and a program? Whether we like it or not?

I don’t see Tennent winning in the American either. There is no winning tradition over there...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT