ADVERTISEMENT

CB West 40 - Quakertown 20

bucksftball

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2020
Workman like win for the Bucks, it was 34-14 when the JV guys for both teams tacked on late TDs. West found themselves down 14-13 in the first half, but the defense shut it down after that and Quakertown didn't have an answer for the Buck's run game... it was 27-14 at the half. Clemens and McFadden both had highlight reel runs and QB Taylor had a 74 yard run in the first half. Clemens and Taylor each ran for 170+ as they totaled 442 on the ground. They're somewhere in the range of 1100 rushing yards after three games. Things got a little sloppy in the second half, and there were some dropped passes and missed open receivers. They'll have to continue to get better as they get into league play, with a short week leading up to playing Pennsbury at the grand opening of the new stadium.

Credit Quakertown, they were clearly outmanned, but played very tough. Their QB Micucci is a stud and hard to contain. Still can't fathom them beating North Penn with this roster, especially after seeing how NP bounced back this week.

Reactions: lilromeo
The TD throw on the wheel route on 4th down was massive. Great pass by Taylor. McFadden is a TD waiting to happen at any moment. I was also very impressed with Qtown QB. Ultimately, CBW has blocked better than anyone else I’ve seen in the SOL. Lastly, their RB might be short but he runs with a great combo of speed and power. And I believe he’s only a jr? He’ll be a stud next year.

The TD throw on the wheel route on 4th down was massive. Great pass by Taylor. McFadden is a TD waiting to happen at any moment. I was also very impressed with Qtown QB. Ultimately, CBW has blocked better than anyone else I’ve seen in the SOL. Lastly, their RB might be short but he runs with a great combo of speed and power. And I believe he’s only a jr? He’ll be a stud next year.
Yes, Clemens is a Jr and is approaching stud territory already. That was a great throw by Taylor, in a pressure situation, into a small window. Should be a great one on Thursday night.

I’ll add that the West D-line is playing very very well and has allowed some really low rushing numbers so far.

Reactions: lilromeo and HSFB99
And by my count, 3/4 DL are underclassmen? I believe 7 is the only senior.

I checked out their roster after that Qtown game. Of course they have several great senior players, but it looks like they have plenty of really solid underclassmen that are varsity starters/contributors. It surprised me a bit; I initially thought they had more seniors.

I checked out their roster after that Qtown game. Of course they have several great senior players, but it looks like they have plenty of really solid underclassmen that are varsity starters/contributors. It surprised me a bit; I initially thought they had more seniors.
4/5 o-linemen and 3/4 d-linemen are underclassmen. Like you say though, some very good seniors also. West hasn't really had that year recently where they have 20 starting seniors. Always seems to be a mix of younger guys, probably due to overall numbers. They don't have big senior classes that could even fill all those spots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT