ADVERTISEMENT

Prep-NE

I know they have great athletes, but this should be a mercy rule in the 3rd quarter at the absolute latest.

Tulla,

I wasn't physically at either SJP/LS game, so I'm not sure if they were disorganized or not. I did see everyone of LaSalle's games on film and they didn't strike me as a disorganized team. I'm still of the opinion that they are one of the better 6A teams in the state. Remember, they throttled North Penn, who just lost to a D-West (Arguably the best D-1 6A team) by just a score of 40-31.

What I think you had here was a classic match-up issue, on top of SJP just being that good.

Look at these numbers that the Hawks put up on Lasalle in just the two first halves of their two games.

Score: 80-0
Possessions: 12
TDs: 11
FGs 1
Plays: 76
Yards: 876 (11.5 yards per play)
1st Downs: 35
3D/Conversions: 11-14
4D/Conversions: 2-2
Rushes: 35-241 (6.9 ypc)
Passing: 27-41-631 (15.4 ypa)
Plays of 10+ yards: 27
Plays of 0 or minus (Excluding incomplete passes): 4

My lord!

NP might be their weakest team in 20 years. Same for Neshaminy and Pennsbury. SOL is down overall. Just an observation.

Don't get fooled by transitive relationships in HS football scores, too many variables and young players, and bad refs to be reliable. NP way down but gets infinitely better at the end of the season vs week 1 or 2.

LS lost again to a very young wood team, who lost to Roman handily and who LS crushed twice.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
What is the big injury? They’ve proven that they can backfill for the older Trotter. I’m not saying it isn’t a loss, it certainly is, but there isn’t a big drop off when Prep goes to their next man up.

.Look it doesn't matter really. I am not a prep guy but I have two eyes. If McCord is hurt then Cooper will play qb and they will read option and throw seams, and the o-line will pave the way for Burrell. If Harrison is hurt there are like 4 really good options and they will spread it out. If Burrell is hurt then they will throw and his backup is pretty darn good. Like I said before, rooting for NE to battle hard. But there is no player Prep can lose that makes me change that statement.

Reactions: CYOBALL1
.Look it doesn't matter really. I am not a prep guy but I have two eyes. If McCord is hurt then Cooper will play qb and they will read option and throw seams, and the o-line will pave the way for Burrell. If Harrison is hurt there are like 4 really good options and they will spread it out. If Burrell is hurt then they will throw and his backup is pretty darn good. Like I said before, rooting for NE to battle hard. But there is no player Prep can lose that makes me change that statement.
Let's see if Cooper can hit a seam or a guy open?

I really want the PPL to keep this a game, good for the sport. But if I'm NE I want McCord to play. He isn't a run threat, so I can press cover and make him put touch on the ball and if I have athletes I gotta punchers chance as long as I can hold the run down. If McCord isn't playing then I gotta be ready to go toe to toe with a really good offensive line and hope Prep doesn't decimate me in time of possession. It would be like playing episcopal again, except with a bigger line.

If the QB is out for an extended period of time, then I think pcc’s defense may give them a very good fighting chance when that game likely happens.

Game went like we thought with Prep leaning on NE to win. But great job by NE to come out grab the lead. No doubt they did what LS couldn't, put a game plan together to make it a game. Maybe they gave a little blueprint for the competition going forward. Anyone know is the qb back this week? Also, have observed Nazareth's wr and qb set big records this year. Can they win this game with their scheme? Not sure the wr can run by any of the SJP guys.

Nazareth is a small 6A public school. They had a nice year playing in a pretty tough conference, but they have no shot at beating Prep.

Also, have observed Nazareth's wr and qb set big records this year. Can they win this game with their scheme? Not sure the wr can run by any of the SJP guys.

I’ll write more, but here’s my Cliff Notes on Nazareth.

Thought Moncman put it well when he said Nazareth “formations you to death”. Tom Falzone is a really smart guy - played wide receiver at Lafayette and is one of the more cutting edge X’s and O’s guys I’ve seen in HS on the offensive side of the ball. He’s young enough that I think if he wanted to make the jump to college he’d be a good fit. Nazareth will definitely be ready on the whiteboard and their kids will be coached up. The game plan will be as good as it can be.

They’re not super talented. The quarterback, Anthony Harris, is an FCS type kid. I think headed to Maine. The other college guys are the defensive end, Jake Wilson, who I think is getting recruited by CAA programs. He plays tackle on offense, but is only 235. Their center, Cody Breidenbach, is a junior as has a D1 frame (6’4 295). Not sure how he’s being recruited, but FCS would be my guess there. Palochilk, a two way tackle, is probably a PSAC kid.

The record setting wideout, Nate Stefanik, is a tough HS player. Not a crazy talent. Stefanik also isn’t that big, he’s a wrestler first, where he is a D1 recruit, but in the 157/165 range. He wrestled 152 last year, was a state title contender, but broke his ankle in December and missed until the postseason. Still placed 7th at states, but wasn’t 100%. I bet he wrestles 152 or 160 this year, so like I said, not that big, and he’s not a 4.4 guy which you’d need at that size to be a real impact player against a team like SJP.

They actually don’t have the skill guys they’ve had in years past. There’s no Dotson or Julian Liaci (Villanova, also a state finalist in the 100 and 200) or Adam Bridgeforth (Colgate) to throw the ball to. But the line and defense is significantly better, and Harris as a 3 year starter is the best QB they’ve had since Harding 2011. But you need it all. If this team had the receivers from two years ago, I’d say they had a shot to pull the upset. But they don’t.

Prep by 4 TDs.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT