ADVERTISEMENT

Prep/LaSalle

lilromeo

Gold Member
Apr 14, 2014
This should give an idea of who will represent D-12 this year in the playoffs. There has not been much talk about this matchup, but IMO this will be a good game .Im surprised the LaSalle and Prep supporters have not begun their usual banter.

This should give an idea of who will represent D-12 this year in the playoffs. There has not been much talk about this matchup, but IMO this will be a good game .Im surprised the LaSalle and Prep supporters have not begun their usual banter.

romeo,
The banter has begun, goes on every day, just not in forum print yet.. :D

Because both schools are fielding less experienced teams than they have fielded in the last couple of years, maybe there's more of an awareness that the outcome of this game will not be so telling in relation to what is likely to happen if, as we expect, they play again in November. And that awareness might be reinforced by our fresh memories of what happened last year--when the October game was very close and the November game was a blowout. That said, it's a very big game.

I like SJP, 27-13. Also, I'm not ready to say that the PCL rep has a cakewalk over the Pub rep (If it's Gratz). Potentially, they could give the PCL rep a little bit of a run.

Reactions: exr001
I like SJP, 27-13. Also, I'm not ready to say that the PCL rep has a cakewalk over the Pub rep (If it's Gratz). Potentially, they could give the PCL rep a little bit of a run.

Huck,
Gratz must really be surprisingly good then, D12 'ship game are usually walk-overs.

Yes, I'm aware '08... 30 mph winds and Shareff Floyd "stun the world"
'13... Chris Martin-less SJ offensively limp in narrow victory
'14... Game was not in question, Franklin's heroics narrow what would have been mercy-rule finish.

But generally speaking, these games just haven't been competitive IMO, No? I respect your opinion and realizing this is not the LS of previous years and Prep on a re-build, you must see something in Gratz that's really special?

btw... made indirect mention to "littleguyscoach" above with the '13 reference, shout out to your boy and the Owls so far this year. What a great journey it's been so far, hopefully they keep the good vibes going. The ND game will be a bear though, my best..

Huck,
Gratz must really be surprisingly good then, D12 'ship game are usually walk-overs.

'14... Game was not in question, Franklin's heroics narrow what would have been mercy-rule finish.

But generally speaking, these games just haven't been competitive IMO, No? I respect your opinion and realizing this is not the LS of previous years and Prep on a re-build, you must see something in Gratz that's really special?

btw... made indirect mention to "littleguyscoach" above with the '13 reference, shout out to your boy and the Owls so far this year. What a great journey it's been so far, hopefully they keep the good vibes going. The ND game will be a bear though, my best..

I'm not sure what happened with the above post, but anyway.....

Arguably, this Gratz team might be the best PUB 4A rep since that GW team with Floyd. They are huge on the LOS and have two shifty, speedy backs. Their passing game is still a work in progress, but they do have a little something going on.

Now, I don't expect them to beat the PCL rep, but I do think there is potential for them to be competitive in that game.

Of course, I'd still give the PCL rep a significant advantage in the areas of discipline, sophistication, and being able to play a cleaner game.

La Salle's adjustments during games are very well known. Spot on for the most part. But to really have a chance in this game, they're gonna have to dictate what happens. They can't wait around to see how the game is going.

La Salle's adjustments during games are very well known. Spot on for the most part. But to really have a chance in this game, they're gonna have to dictate what happens. They can't wait around to see how the game is going.
I am looking forward to watching the two vey talented RBs in Swift and Madden. The LaSalle O line appears to have an edge over the Preps IMO. The QBs appear equal as well as the receiving corps. Defensively I would give the edge to the Prep. The manner in which they handled St. Joe Regional is an indicator of their strength. Should be a close game and as always Ye Old Ale House is always a winner before a big game.

Given the talent that exists on both teams, either could win....but I'm giving the nod to Prep due to their superior coaching staff.

I am looking forward to watching the two vey talented RBs in Swift and Madden. The LaSalle O line appears to have an edge over the Preps IMO. The QBs appear equal as well as the receiving corps. Defensively I would give the edge to the Prep. The manner in which they handled St. Joe Regional is an indicator of their strength. Should be a close game and as always Ye Old Ale House is always a winner before a big game.
Yo lilromeo, game time is 1:00. Liquid lunch??

Because it's a foregone conclusion that these teams are meeting again did the D12 title, is there a chance we see a relatively vanilla game on Saturday?
Obviously it's a rivalry game, and you want to win badly, but particularly if I'm LaSalle, I'm not sure I'd want to show too much when I'm playing solely for pride and bragging rights.

Because it's a foregone conclusion that these teams are meeting again did the D12 title, is there a chance we see a relatively vanilla game on Saturday?
Obviously it's a rivalry game, and you want to win badly, but particularly if I'm LaSalle, I'm not sure I'd want to show too much when I'm playing solely for pride and bragging rights.
I have no doubt these two teams will go all out to win. Think Villanova/ St. Joe ....Holy War only High school.

St. Joes will put everything into the game to win. I assume LaSalle will do the same. Each team will use this game as a measuring stick to see where they are. In 4 weeks they will do it all over again adjusting to what each tem did or showed the first time. Like a real life chess match. Last year the Prep used the first games film and studied it, found weaknesses in protection and you witnessed the ass beating Shurmer took as a result. Expect the both to do the same this year. I expect Parkland and Easton treat the game the same way each and every time. You play to win the game.

Reactions: lilromeo
I have some problems getting around these days ,but my intention is to be at the YOAH before the game . If any of you good people are there and want to say HEY to a PCL guy I will be at the bar wearing my Jeff Cap and Eagles coat. Should be a great game .

St. Joes will put everything into the game to win. I assume LaSalle will do the same. Each team will use this game as a measuring stick to see where they are. In 4 weeks they will do it all over again adjusting to what each tem did or showed the first time. Like a real life chess match. Last year the Prep used the first games film and studied it, found weaknesses in protection and you witnessed the ass beating Shurmer took as a result. Expect the both to do the same this year. I expect Parkland and Easton treat the game the same way each and every time. You play to win the game.

Not sure about the game film work having much to do with it. But the turnovers and penalties by the Prep in the first game kept it close last year. You could say the same thing about the Prep/Malvern game this year and its results.

Last years Prep team had a ton of talent. The final showed that but the first game showed what could happen with mistakes. LaSalle can't make mistakes and will need to get a couple breaks to win. Other than a few games over the past 8 years you could say the same thing about most of the Prep/LaSalle winners. Tough to overcome mistakes in this game just think 2006.

Not sure about the game film work having much to do with it. But the turnovers and penalties by the Prep in the first game kept it close last year. You could say the same thing about the Prep/Malvern game this year and its results.

Last years Prep team had a ton of talent. The final showed that but the first game showed what could happen with mistakes. LaSalle can't make mistakes and will need to get a couple breaks to win. Other than a few games over the past 8 years you could say the same thing about most of the Prep/LaSalle winners. Tough to overcome mistakes in this game just think 2006.

Considering I was there at that time I guess I could say that because we broke down the pass protection and did some things that lead to blitzes hitting home and creating more pressure sacks and turnovers that were not created in the first game.

Considering I was there at that time I guess I could say that because we broke down the pass protection and did some things that lead to blitzes hitting home and creating more pressure sacks and turnovers that were not created in the first game.
Are you referring to the 2014 games?

There's no sandbagging or holding back in this one; yes, the "High School Holy War" would be a great descriptive title.

Undoubtedly, SJP is clearly the favorite as our friend Rick pointed out making them an 11 point favorite. That said, I think La Salle will show up!

I have some problems getting around these days ,but my intention is to be at the YOAH before the game . If any of you good people are there and want to say HEY to a PCL guy I will be at the bar wearing my Jeff Cap and Eagles coat. Should be a great game .
Yesman will be there, he practically lives at the YOAH!

Then you can stop with the in-depth analysis of why the playoff game was vastly different from the regular-season game. The answer is simple - Jake Strain.
When people are put in positions to make plays, and they are good players, they make them. He didn't have all the hurries and sacks on his own. Everybody on St. Joes was better the second game compared to the first. Coaching staff included.

Huck,

Thx Yesman it def has been a great ride so far

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT