ADVERTISEMENT

Plc joke

I think a good question would be.. with the way Wood recruits.. if they even manned up and moved up with 4A.. what are the chances they would ever win D12..

I would think that since Wood and Imhotep would have to play each other before making it to States, this post is pretty ridiculous.

BuxMonter, you are a foolish fan. There is no easy route to States and getting to Hershey is difficult for every team. i used to follow wood and they played a lot of good teams and won most games. look what they did to North Penn the last couple years. As for moving up to 4A, I would like to see that also.

I do hate the current format of PCL and Pub playoffs. Wonder what they will do with the change to 6 classifications.

In the Plc almost every team makes the playoffs - joke

Besides wood Plc aaa- joke

The philly public league- joke

Up to last year they had a bye every year to rest- joke

So essentially when all of these other teams are duking it out and wood they gets easy sailing up to the Friday after Thanksgiving.- joke

Sure imotep is a challenge but they are new on the scene

Then they play teams who CAN'T recruit and HAVE borders.- joke

Recall this is the week when the debate between public and private is most brought up and for good reason

After this game back to playing private schools

But the teams from the north are only a shadow of themselves.

Conclusion:
Yes in fact wood has had the easiest path to Hersey

They play only 2 real contest while local teams from district one must play 5 real contest

Clearly wood is better than north penn or any district 1 aaaa team. This was the claim . The claim was only about their path to Hersey.

Changing to 6 classes will make the path even smoother

In the Plc almost every team makes the playoffs - joke

Besides wood Plc aaa- joke

The philly public league- joke

Up to last year they had a bye every year to rest- joke

So essentially when all of these other teams are duking it out and wood they gets easy sailing up to the Friday after Thanksgiving.- joke

Sure imotep is a challenge but they are new on the scene

Then they play teams who CAN'T recruit and HAVE borders.- joke

Recall this is the week when the debate between public and private is most brought up and for good reason

After this game back to playing private schools

But the teams from the north are only a shadow of themselves.

Conclusion:
Yes in fact wood has had the easiest path to Hersey

They play only 2 real contest while local teams from district one must play 5 real contest

Clearly wood is better than north penn or any district 1 aaaa team. This was the claim . The claim was only about their path to Hersey.

Changing to 6 classes will make the path even smoother
Bux-Mont, clearly you are the "Joke"

First point is it is the PCL (Phila. Catholic League) not the PLC (Phila League Catholic) - JOKE

Second point is you must be NEW to HS football b/c if you had any history, you would know that Catholic football has always been way better than public school football...ALWAYS, WAY BETTER! FOREVER! You must have a son who probs is in 9th or 10th grade and you're just getting your first taste of HS football! - JOKE

CYO ball always got the bigger kids that couldn't play pound ball!
That's why the players at Catholic schools are bigger and stronger than your 5'10" 180 lb. linebackers and 6' 210 lb. linemen, that play at your school!

Your public school predecessors always shouted from the mountains that those catholic boys could never ever compete with us big bad public schools and our NP, Neshaminy and Pennsbury dynasties!

But then 2008 rolled around and after years of the PIAA begging the Catholics to join, Bishop McFadden finally gave in with these conditions. 1) Catholic league championship! 2) City Championship and 3) OPEN ENROLLMENT and the PIAA said sure, great,
no problem, welcome aboard!

And since 2008 the PUBS have been getting their butts kicked by the Catholics and have been whinnying like little school girls!
No fair, No fair! .........How do you like me NOW!

Now you want the Catholics to go away and stop winning so much, so you can go back to winning your watered down championships!
That is a JOKE and way too funny! THE BEST TEAM WINS STATE! by playing the best teams in the PIAA playoffs!

It has always been like this, but you are experiencing it for the first time!

The pubs best team is North Penn and they get shellacked every year by LaSalle, Wood and St. Joe's Prep!
I'm talking flippin' shellacked - Not even a game!

Your public school football is nice and calm with it's rivalries but you would never survive a day in the Catholic league and would never represent in the PIAA playoff system! - N-E-V-E-R!

To win STATE you face the TOUGHEST TEAMS in the STATE - do you get that!

I would agree that Wood has an easy regular season schedule but they face the toughest teams in the state to win state,
can you connect those dots? But the regular season is for teams like your public schools and allows you to trump up the CRN's and Pennsburys of the world - small time football!

Stay away from the Big Boys - It's gonna end bad, really bad! - Every time!

you would know that Catholic football has always been way better than public school football...ALWAYS, WAY BETTER! FOREVER!
Now Roman Catholic won the Championship in 1999 and played Strath Haven and lost to them 21-0. Haven won the state title that year. So always is a little much. Played again in 2000 and Haven beat them by like 40 pts. Then Roman dropped them. So not ALWAYS WAY BETTER FOREVER!

you would know that Catholic football has always been way better than public school football...ALWAYS, WAY BETTER! FOREVER!
Now Roman Catholic won the Championship in 1999 and played Strath Haven and lost to them 21-0. Haven won the state title that year. So always is a little much. Played again in 2000 and Haven beat them by like 40 pts. Then Roman dropped them. So not ALWAYS WAY BETTER FOREVER!
Does Strath Haven still field a football team?
I can't remember the last time I heard their name mentioned?
That's right, I did hear they dropped football and added Lacrosse (smile)
OBTW - Nice obscure reference going back 15 years

Reactions: CYOBALL1
Didnt Coatesville physically beat up LaSalle at Kottmeyer in 2012 in front of a stunned crowd? I know I was one of them,

PLC was funny...But FBU, wouldn't it be great if Wood and Tep played 6A next year? With open enrollment, the success they have had, and football programs they have built/building, does the number of boys in the school really matter? In fact on a percentage basis, number of boys/number of boys who play football, Wood probably leads the state...Which is a testament to the program...D12 6A would be pretty tough...

Didnt Coatesville physically beat up LaSalle at Kottmeyer in 2012 in front of a stunned crowd? I know I was one of them,

Yes, Downingtown Police had to brought in to arrest several Coatesville players for assault and battery, they were taken out of Kottmeyer in shackles and leg irons.

You were at game?? LaSalle loses 6 starting positions in 1st Quarter including SEPA co-player of year, all-state wr/db, best all-league 2-way lineman and starting rb/lb and they were a dropped endzone pass away in last minute to pull even. Two of those injuries were non-contact, turf-torque related.

Coatesville won the game, I give them their due respect for that. They were up by 3 scores and just barely held on. Let's not revise history and make it look like it ended as a mercy-rule game and Downingtown Hospital's Emergency Department was littered with LaSalle football players.

I was at that game, and that Coatesville team was for real, started to leave before the LS comeback and watched outside the fence, great crowd....Also, after LS game thought Coatesville would destroy the west that year, but they got whooped, 63-28 by physical NA.....

Taking what I said out of context. I said what you described, being beat up. Yeah Herron dropped that pass, but many people were headed for the exit with 5 min left. Many people including myself, thought LaSalle would win easily. By the way, I don't recall police arresting Coatesville players. Should I take that comment literally?

1-Lightning in a bottle!
2-The best that never was!
3-One shot wonder!
Take your pick!
They are a .500 team in conference
4-Time has passed them by

Taking what I said out of context. I said what you described, being beat up. Yeah Herron dropped that pass, but many people were headed for the exit with 5 min left. Many people including myself, thought LaSalle would win easily. By the way, I don't recall police arresting Coatesville players. Should I take that comment literally?

delco,
Not literally.. ;)

To your point though, you said never! Now you are changing your tune. At the end of the day, I firmly believe for the most part in what you are saying. The level of football in the Catholic League is superior to that of District 1. However, every 5 or 7 years there will be a public league team that comes out of nowhere and goes to Hershey. History will repeat itself.

Hey Spider I hope Imhotep stays in the 3A bracket that their size dictates and Wood stays in 5A and the two of them kick the crap out of the rest of the teams. Would be great to see D12 teams in 3A, 5A and 6A every year. Hell guys around the state screamed for 6 classes so why should these two move up. Would you ask any other open enrollment teams to move up? Don't think I've once heard anyone here say hey Bonner-Prendie you have open enrollment you should play up. Why is it that the successful teams should play up? How about those D1 teams accept a non conference challenge and cross into the city against one of the good teams. I give North Penn credit for playing La Salle (the 309 bowl) every year.

I was at that game, and that Coatesville team was for real, started to leave before the LS comeback and watched outside the fence, great crowd....Also, after LS game thought Coatesville would destroy the west that year, but they got whooped, 63-28 by physical NA.....

spider,
That Coatesville team had speed all over the field, some very freakish skill people... and they got loose multiple times in that contest, outside and in the flat. LS had a big line and balance, along with what I noted above, resulted in what most beat observers viewed as an upset.

NA dominated a "smallish" Coatesville line into oblivion, on both sides of the ball. Ran at will with little resistance. Don't know if anyone would have beaten NA that year, but would loved to have seen them vs. LS line "that" year. The l.o.s. would have been contested, IMO..

Its a different time and place now then in 1999. While the Catholic was very competitive and balanced in the late 90s, you don't have the DOMINANT few teams like today. And its gonna be that way for the foreseeable future

Funny Spider I don't remember it quite like that. I remember NA running zone read but exploiting the bubble portion of that play. Coatesville had no answers for it defensively and became more and more frustrated and eventually just became overwhelmed. Struggled with force containment and flats not necessarily being mailed inside until 2nd half. LaSalle was so beat up after the Coatesville game, no way they would have had better luck against NA

I've been around long enough to know that Wod has the weakest path to Hershey every year.

2-8 Carroll- for real?

The fact that they have no competition until December is a joke.

They have a great thing going. Recruit and beat up on Pcl aaa.

I've been around long enough to know that Wod has the weakest path to Hershey every year.

2-8 Carroll- for real?

More athletes are choosing to attend Wood now than ever before and IMO outsiders construe much of that as recruiting . The fact is the administration and coaches there have done a very commendable job in building a solid football program that others envy. It would be a good thing if people would recognize this and stop the criticism .It comes off as rationale for not being competitive with them . I for one am proud that we in the Eastern half of the state have several high quality teams that at times get recognition beyond our home state. Of course I am tired of the complaining and hope at some point the PCL and Wood can be accepted by fans just as the PIAA has.

2-8 Carroll- for real?

More athletes are choosing to attend Wood now than ever before and IMO outsiders construe much of that as recruiting . The fact is the administration and coaches there have done a very commendable job in building a solid football program that others envy. It would be a good thing if people would recognize this and stop the criticism .It comes off as rationale for not being competitive with them . I for one am proud that we in the Eastern half of the state have several high quality teams that at times get recognition beyond our home state. Of course I am tired of the complaining and hope at some point the PCL and Wood can be accepted by fans just as the PIAA has.

I am not a big fan of the recruiting bashing. I've seen it while living in Easton, and all the accusation at BECA. My opinion, is that big schools like N Penn, Easton, Parkland, Nesh and such should be able to field teams that can compete with the Catholics. Having said that, Wood has a huge advantage against the smaller pubs, and should play up. I'm also not a big fan of the Catholic school fans denying that recruiting happens, it does. My buddies son was recruited by LaSalle, and was give free tuition for his soph, junior, and senior year. He also told me that what goes on at LaSalle is nothing compared to some other PLC schools. I don't if he was telling me the truth, but he has no reason to lie.

2-8 Carroll- for real?

Bux-Mont,
I'm gonna say what everyone else is thinking...You're a dope and a moron! - Dope!

I'm pretty sure your team plays William Tennent, right? - Dope!
How many 52-7 losses did Tennent have this year? Well, how many! What are they like 2-8 perhaps? - Dope!
If "Beefing" up a schedule equaled making you better - then wouldn't Tennent be a stud by NOW,
since every team they play is much better than they are? - Dope!

I think your team should move up to 9A football b/c they have the easiest path to Hershey playing teams like William Tennent!

Wood is Good - Wood is Good - If they weren't good they wouldn't have 3 big shiny rings over the past 4 years!
They play the BEST teams in the STATE in the PIAA Playoffs!
and 2 of those SHIPS they were the best team in the STATE regardless of classification!

If their LEAGUE opponents are not good, why is that Wood's problem?

So when they have the 4A championship in Hershey in 4-5 weeks, I think the winner of the 4A ship,
should have to play a schedule that consists of Div. 3 colleges b/c it's not fair that they had such an easy path to Hershey!

I think you had the easiest path to the line that said "No Brains"

Wood's regular season schedule is what the PIAA says they have to play.
It's not Wood's fault that they are far superior than their opponents.

You want to penalize a good team b/c they are good!

Your team is soft and the kids on your team are small (they played pound ball not CYO)
so your lineman are small, your LB are small and your receivers are small and your Qb is small.

Over 90% of Wood's players play CYO ball b/c they are big (sure you have the 2-3 players that come over) each year b/c they want exposure and their parents think the only path to college is with a football scholarship!
(I guess they forgot about doing SAT prep and studying and saving money) but it is what it is!

The PIAA wanted Catholic Schools, that is a FACT! They persued the Catholic schools for over a decade to get them to join the PIAA
They wanted us in the PIAA to have a TRUE STATE FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Stop belly aching, you sound like a "little sister mary tinkle pants" who spilled her milk!

Or there is Plan "B" - take all the teams that are better than YOUR team and put them in a double secret extra special div. and that would make the path to Hershey easier for YOUR team and then all of us can sound like pu$$ys and complain that BuMont's team has the easiest path to Hershey!

Stop making excuses - Stop lowering the bar so your team can win! The bar is practically on the floor!
I guarantee that YOUR team does not sacrifice or work as hard or film study the way Wood's program does FACTS, all FACTS!

STOP degrading Wood's success by belly aching - you green envious monster!

Your a dope and a moron!

Last edited:
I am not a big fan of the recruiting bashing. I've seen it while living in Easton, and all the accusation at BECA. My opinion, is that big schools like N Penn, Easton, Parkland, Nesh and such should be able to field teams that can compete with the Catholics. Having said that, Wood has a huge advantage against the smaller pubs, and should play up. I'm also not a big fan of the Catholic school fans denying that recruiting happens, it does. My buddies son was recruited by LaSalle, and was give free tuition for his soph, junior, and senior year. He also told me that what goes on at LaSalle is nothing compared to some other PLC schools. I don't if he was telling me the truth, but he has no reason to lie.
What is the advantage that wood has over Bonner, Carroll, Ryan and O'Hara! They are equal is size, actually they other schools have better weight rooms and fields to actually play on! Wood is a gypsy! The difference is Wood has a program, that is like a machine and everyone is envious that they WIN and everyone is envious of their program and their success! It's kinda like hating your neighbor b/c he drives a nice car and takes really nice vacations...but what you don't see, is him staying up late working on his business plan that makes him successful while all the other neighbors are drinking beer and hanging out at the BBQ! Haters gonna Hate!

D1,
I do not deny your sincerity regarding above topic. As a board member and booster at the school, I know of NO student getting totally "free" tuition at LaSalle, unless his parent/parents passed away during their matriculation. The boy maybe receiving a significant tuition grant/stipend, there would have to be some commitment of behalf of the parent/s.
Agree with your statement regarding "nothing compared to the other PCL schools"!!

The big advantage they have over other schools you just mentioned is location. 3 of the schools you just mentioned are within a 10 mile radius of each other. O'Hara, Bonner, and Carroll have to also contend with Malvern, Haverford School, Episcopal, and St Joes Prep for their kids which they generally do not have an academic or financial competitive advantage over. This is not only the big reason why they've struggled to build a program like Wood, but also the reason some of these schools have been on the chopping block in recent years. There is a lot of cannibalization in the Delaware County area. I'll admit I'm not as familiar with Bucks County area, but I've even heard from people with ties to the Wood program that location is a huge advantage for them. They really don't have to compete with many other catholics or preps to bring kids in out of an area that has been historically well-known for football prowess in the public schools. It probably helped too that Central Bucks split again. They've done a great job of taking an opportunity and building a program that people from that area want to go to and now kids from other high schools want to transfer to. It also doesn't hurt having Mike Carey involved with your program either.

Reactions: lilromeo

There are some things going on at other PCL program(s) that I think would shock even the people on this board who have been making accusations for years. I'll leave it at that.

There are some things going on at other PCL program(s) that I think would shock even the people on this board who have been making accusations for years. I'll leave it at that.

I-Acfan,
Some of us understand your meaning..... and would not be shocked. Preaching to the choir for years, some of it disgraceful. :(

Everybody in Pcl aaa makes playoffs?

That is just one notch above everybody gets a trophy.

Everybody in Pcl aaa makes playoffs?

That is just one notch above everybody gets a trophy.
so what - it doesn't effect your team, your team can't even get out of it's own conference let alone it's district!

The big advantage they have over other schools you just mentioned is location. 3 of the schools you just mentioned are within a 10 mile radius of each other. O'Hara, Bonner, and Carroll have to also contend with Malvern, Haverford School, Episcopal, and St Joes Prep for their kids which they generally do not have an academic or financial competitive advantage over. This is not only the big reason why they've struggled to build a program like Wood, but also the reason some of these schools have been on the chopping block in recent years. There is a lot of cannibalization in the Delaware County area. I'll admit I'm not as familiar with Bucks County area, but I've even heard from people with ties to the Wood program that location is a huge advantage for them. They really don't have to compete with many other catholics or preps to bring kids in out of an area that has been historically well-known for football prowess in the public schools. It probably helped too that Central Bucks split again. They've done a great job of taking an opportunity and building a program that people from that area want to go to and now kids from other high schools want to transfer to. It also doesn't hurt having Mike Carey involved with your program either.
Wood to Ryan = 11.5 miles
Wood to Lansdale Catholic - 12 miles
Wood is smack dab in the center of Bucks County think...
2 Council Rock Schools
3 Central Bucks Schools
Tennent
Hatboro Horsham
Neshaminy
Bensalem
All 4A large schools that offer better facilities, Advanced Placement Classes
and, Oh yeah, TAX DOLLAR resources
People make the hard choice to attend Wood, pay more and get less!
Granted, those families make the smarter choice than to overpay for LaSalle and Prep for a slightly better, marginal education!

Im sure you will hear others point out to you, more emphatically I might add, that you are the DOPE if you honestly think that a LaSalle, St. Joe's or Inter-Ac school education is only marginally better than a Wood education. There is a reason people are paying top dollar for those educations that most of use can not afford. Stick to football talk FBU82. Your comments are on point. As far as education....not so much. Look up the numbers. The schools get ranked and rated every year. Wood is not even close to the schools I mentioned. However, I am sure you can get a quality education at Wood as many students have. The other schools, because of money no doubt, are able to offer a little more.

Im sure you will hear others point out to you, more emphatically I might add, that you are the DOPE if you honestly think that a LaSalle, St. Joe's or Inter-Ac school education is only marginally better than a Wood education. There is a reason people are paying top dollar for those educations that most of use can not afford. Stick to football talk FBU82. Your comments are on point. As far as education....not so much. Look up the numbers. The schools get ranked and rated every year. Wood is not even close to the schools I mentioned. However, I am sure you can get a quality education at Wood as many students have. The other schools, because of money no doubt, are able to offer a little more.
So you're saying that LaSalle and Prep students get 3 times the education than those who attend Catholic schools?
If that's what you are saying you display your ignorance beautifully!
Maybe you're not aware, that the sharp increase in College tuition is based on perception!
Many University presidents said that they have dramatically increased their tuition based on "if it costs more, it's better"
Those same Universities have seen a dramatic jump in enrollment by raising tuition by 25% to 30% or more!
Just b/c they charge it, doesn't mean it's worth it! Perceived value! If it makes you feel better to say that it's worth the extra money, then go ahead! But I think that it's just an insecure Dad with a pocket protector standing on his toes, puffing out his chest and saying my kid goes to LaSalle! If you honesty think that you are getting 3 times the education, I cannot even debate this topic with you! You would be just a delusional Dad standing on his tippy toes! Perceived value! Maybe 1.2 possibly 1.4 but never ever 3X. It's just a poor investment! If you think your ROI is any better than other schools you are the up and coming Rodney Dangerfield! Now that's just being silly isn't it? Oh, I forgot, it's for all the extra homework (Too Funny are you Dad)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT