ADVERTISEMENT

PIAA Championship Predictions

Fletchster1

Nov 22, 2004
Has then ever been any less buzz heading into a PIAA Championship Weekend? I guess everyone is just worn out after a long season...Or this weekend's games are a bunch of snoozers with the 4A game as the only one looking to go either way. Hopefully some of the underdogs step-it-up to provide some close contests. Good luck!

A: Farrell by 17 over Lackawanna Trail
2A: Southern Columbia by 21 over Wilmington
3A: Aliquippa by 17 over Middletown
4A: Imhotep by 7 over Erie Cathedral Prep
5A: Manheim Central by 14 over Penn Hills
6A: St Joe's Prep by 21 over Harrisburg

Fletch -

I'm just rooting for the East!!

But a little tough to make a blanket call, certainly in 6A, as I'm partial to D3.

Has then ever been any less buzz heading into a PIAA Championship Weekend? I guess everyone is just worn out after a long season...Or this weekend's games are a bunch of snoozers with the 4A game as the only one looking to go either way. Hopefully some of the underdogs step-it-up to provide some close contests. Good luck!

A: Farrell by 17 over Lackawanna Trail
2A: Southern Columbia by 21 over Wilmington
3A: Aliquippa by 17 over Middletown
4A: Imhotep by 7 over Erie Cathedral Prep
5A: Manheim Central by 14 over Penn Hills
6A: St Joe's Prep by 21 over Harrisburg
Farrell by 14
SC by 28
Middletown by 7
ECP by 25
Manheim by 7
P-R-E-P prep prep prep by 35

Welcome to the new watered down PIAA. This Farrell game is blowout city. Same will happen with Southern Columbia in 2A. I'd hate to think what a great game Farrell-Southern Columbia could have been.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
Fletch -

I'm just rooting for the East!!

But a little tough to make a blanket call, certainly in 6A, as I'm partial to D3.
We'll see PA2CA, they have 3 teams in. Looking forward to ECP/ICS tonight. Both are good enough to blow the other out but let's hope that doesn't happen. LOTS of talent on the field in that one!
Relayer made an interesting comment....be nice seeing Farrell and Southern playoff. Love that, 1vs2, 3vs4, 5vs6 next week.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
ECP looking really good!

Yes they are. Very predictable game, too many mistakes by Tep and Prep with the coaching advantage. What are they doing throwing a 30 yard fade on a 4th and 5?? Tep got hosed on the forward pass not being called, but in the big picture it doesn't matter. Prep is running up and down the field at will.

Harrisburg has a solid squad; QB is much more than just a runner. Lots of uncharacteristic mistakes by Prep.

Reactions: Soup13
First time I saw Harrisburg, I was very impressed with their athletes, size and speed. Can’t make mistakes against Prep and Had to take advantage of every mistake Prep made, did not happen. I thought the game was closer that the 20 point difference. I do not see Prep losing for a long time and will continue to attract top talent, will only get better and better....

Reactions: Bighead75
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT