ADVERTISEMENT

North Penn at Neshaminy

soup.... one long pass td, strong arm, but more of a runner right now, think he threw for hundred and ran for 50-60 yds, some designed runs, qb draws, traps etc. Targets haynes to frequently, similar to Henley last year, but Henley much more explosive imo.

CL1, here's the highlights from SF-CBS. Looked like a defensive struggle for the most part. First 2 SF scores were on a blocked punt and pick-6. SF defense looked very good.

http://www.wfmz.com/sports/the-big-ticket/big-ticket-spring-ford-at-cb-south/786051177

BTW, CR-South lost their best player QB Andrew Vera, who was injured on the 3rd play of the game against Cheltenham. That's a huge loss, the offense was completely out of sync without him. He might miss a month.
Thanks Relayer. Those Lehigh Valley dudes do the the best high school football show in the Greater Phila, Lehigh Valley and Berks area! Score does not reflect the tough game but damn ., Spring Ford grows some big boys. I still think PV and SF will be the dominant teams in years to come as they get bigger and football matures. Heck I’d like them to merge w the Chesmont! Sorry to hear about Rock South QB. How about little WC East taking down CR North up in Newtown. Not sure if East is that good or North is bad?

soup.... one long pass td, strong arm, but more of a runner right now, think he threw for hundred and ran for 50-60 yds, some designed runs, qb draws, traps etc. Targets haynes to frequently, similar to Henley last year, but Henley much more explosive imo.
Thanks Cover ... Atheletic kid, seems like he can give them a duel threat as time goes on.

Chesmont, CRN is that bad. CRS will struggle now without Vera. I don’t expect them to even keep it close this week against West. Both Council Rock’s are in a bad spot. It seems like only a few short years ago they very solid (Late 2000s - Early 2010s). CRS almost upset NP in the District 1 semis in 2010. I’m not sure what is going on in that district? It’s hard to fathom neither of them being competitive recently.

Chesmont, CRN is that bad. CRS will struggle now without Vera. I don’t expect them to even keep it close this week against West. Both Council Rock’s are in a bad spot. It seems like only a few short years ago they very solid (Late 2000s - Early 2010s). CRS almost upset NP in the District 1 semis in 2010. I’m not sure what is going on in that district? It’s hard to fathom neither of them being competitive recently.[/QUOT

Thanks Fan. With the increased scrutiny on football concussions it could hit a District such as Council Rock harder vs a Neshaminy.

Ches that is what I was alluding to by new normal. How are the participation numbers in CRN and CRS?

I haven't followed CRN since McIlwain left. They've won two games in two years. No thanks. Notice that Collachi also left at the same time. Maybe he saw the writing on the wall in terms of the future. This young coach is in a tough spot. If they can't beat Wissahickon Friday, just abolish the program. Even with McIlwain starting 4 years, they still have never won a playoff game.

South had that nice little run making district semis and finals in consecutive seasons. Haven't done much since. Yeah, Vera is a crushing loss and that sucks because South had decent expectations this season, not now. Pretty safe to say they start 0-3 and will still have Neshaminy, North Penn and Pennsbury on the schedule.

Reactions: lilromeo
I haven't followed CRN since McIlwain left. They've won two games in two years. No thanks. Notice that Collachi also left at the same time. Maybe he saw the writing on the wall in terms of the future. This young coach is in a tough spot. If they can't beat Wissahickon Friday, just abolish the program. Even with McIlwain starting 4 years, they still have never won a playoff game.

South had that nice little run making district semis and finals in consecutive seasons. Haven't done much since. Yeah, Vera is a crushing loss and that sucks because South had decent expectations this season, not now. Pretty safe to say they start 0-3 and will still have Neshaminy, North Penn and Pennsbury on the schedule.
On that McIlwIn point I just read he’s a back up at Cal. Thought he was at South Carolina?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT