ADVERTISEMENT

Neumann Goretti vs Frankford

Check this out from the Frankford coach. Why was the game cancelled?

Wow, the guy deleted his tweet. He said Neumann-Goretti football is a total embarrassment.

Neumann-Goretti football is an absolute embarrassment coaches and team sported nothing with them identifying their school.

Why is Neumann an embarrassment? Let me guess the warmups? All black Battle gear?
All coaches in uniform?
Kids respectful?
Kids listening?
Kids showing up for practice?
Kids working hard?
Kids getting good grades.
The funny thing is an adult wrote this.
I'm a FKD grad class of 94 nothing but respect for Frankford. I now coach at Neumann. Good luck FKD Once a pioneer Always a pioneer.

Just to clarify it was 1 coach who after a long and annoying day had a few drinks. The coach has a relationship with Albie and regrets posting it. They have since talked and it's something that we feel is over with. No other coaches or players from Frankford felt that NG looked or did anything wrong.

The game was cancelled because it was the 3rd game there in 24 hours and with the rain the field person didn't want his field ruined for the year and deemed it unplayable.

Reactions: coach1378
The game was cancelled because it was the 3rd game there in 24 hours and with the rain the field person didn't want his field ruined for the year and deemed it unplayable.

Will NG and Frankford attempt to make up the game?

Neumann-Goretti football is an absolute embarrassment coaches and team sported nothing with them identifying their school.

I'm sure the players had NG uniforms on, right?

No issue on what brand of apparel a team chooses to use, but it is usually customary for the school name or nickname to be embroiled on said apparel. It's possible that gear with this has been ordered and hasn't arrived yet. And to exhibit uniformity the HC was able to get things quickly from the apparel company that he is associated with. Just a thought....

More importantly I still need a roster for Ted's site and for stat-keeping purposes. I guess it's not a big deal beings they haven't played a game yet. However, camp started about 4 weeks ago and one would think that's enough time to put one together. It was for 13 other schools. You can always add to it if necessary.

The field would have been totally wrecked. If you were in Philly you may have thought no due to it not raining there but in Wildwood there was a deluge in between West/Roman and NG/FKD. I would have loved to seen the tweet from the FKD coach because I know which one it was and he is very active on social media.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT