ADVERTISEMENT

LL - Lumber Liquidators - STAY AWAY

Re: Has any Democrat ever NOT raised taxes??

"Underfunding" is an opinion. A student could be taught much better for a small faction of the cost that public schools spend educating kids in subjects that don't matter, but are big in the liberal value system. I went to 1.5 years of community college, and that is proof that "education" as you define it is not mandatory. I am not alone, as I know many other people who didn't graduate college. Scott Walker managed to balance the budget in Wisconsin and he is not a college graduate, while Deval Patrick (former Massachusetts governor) and barack obama added trillions of dollars to their respective debt levels, debt which will be a huge factor down the road. As I always say, "educated in what" and "smart in what?"

Every doctor , college educated, every scientist , college educated, oh never mind

Originally posted by sammyk:
Every doctor , college educated, every scientist , college educated, oh never mind
Sammy, nobody disputes that lawyers, doctors, etc. should go to college. Many other professions do not require a college education; on-the-job experience is far better than a college education, especially with all of the liberal BS floating around on most college campuses, stuff that common sense-smart students will unlearn later on as they go through life.

40 years ago yes but that is not the way it works anymore. Even if you want to be a heating and air conditioning repair man you need training that is how it works. Liberal BS no it is how things work these days now some other things you might need to know here in 2015, you do not duck and cover during a nuclear attack, seatbelt can save your life, smoking is bad and can kill you, you can not smack a female coworker on the ass and call her sugar, and the rat pack no longer tours. Even though I love the rat pack. Now just kidding there NJ but this is the way things are going many no most jobs require training be it a tech school, trade school, four year university what ever and that is expanded education and if that is a liberal stance well better get on board because even the Republican run natural gas, oil, manufacturing companies are all about this

Sammy, I think your college major was "getting off the subject." Your post is just proof that some teachers need to get out in the real world. College does a less-than-ideal job of preparing students for the real world and many things could be learned better on the job. An if the cost of tuition continues to rise, things are going to change in the next decade. It is simply not worth it.

You are kind of out of touch there my friend. Teachers get that the world has changed and the workforce demands has as well. I do think that university systems can be revamped and I can see that happening but more and more kids are going to community colleges and tech schools for training to try and meet that need . Forbes did an article on what businesses want and they want skilled labor which means some sort of post high school education or is that just the liberal media at it again sheesh. Now your comment on rising college tuition wonder why that is happening, look no further than your republican buddies who are cutting funding to state university systems. Hmmmm thanks for helping me point that out and thanks for the Real world jab sorry bud I am living in the real world come on down and spend a few days here Mr real world

This post was edited on 3/13 8:08 AM by sammyk

This post was edited on 3/13 8:10 AM by sammyk

I am out of touch? And you write good sentences, right?!!!

Forbes is the conservative media, Sammy! Of course, kids are going to community colleges and trade schools and the trend is going to continue. Steve Forbes is the owner/editor of Forbes. Do you know who he is?

College costs have been rising for a long time, way before Republicans cut state funding. Your statement is laughable because you indicate that costs are rising only because the GOP is cutting funding. So, are you telling me that college costs are not rising in democrat states or are rising at lower rates than in GOP states? You need to think these things through, Sammy, before posting!

So cutting funds to universities would not some how impact the price tag of a college education and no need to be a jag but you are out of touch. It is not 1950 and still a state run university is a pretty good bargain. I think PA is around 13K a year which is one of the highest in the country but still 45K for a college education is a steal, I mean that is one year at Duke. I like your ! by the way it made me realize you were serious. And why are you not out playing Bingo, Keno, or golf or something like old people do papa

This post was edited on 3/13 11:32 AM by sammyk

Sammy, you made a statement that blamed Republicans fund cutting for the increased cost in college tuition. If that were true, tuition would be stable in democrat states and rising only in Republican states where funding was cut. That is simply not true. College costs have gone up way more than the cost of living for well over a decade.

As far as playing bingo, I run half marathons Sammy. And cycling into the Everglades is way more exciting than golf!

I agree with you on that Cycling is a much better way to go

And no comment about the college costs? It's just the Republicans' fault, right?

How old are you Sammy?

In those states run by Republicans the % tuition cost has increased the most so yea. My age I am in my 40's and remember the great days of trickle down economics. You can find that info on trend.collegeboard.org Places like Wisconsin, Florida, North Carolina, Louisiana, Arizona, Georgia, all Republican led with he highest % increases

This post was edited on 3/13 1:19 PM by sammyk

Ok, prove it. Show me that college tuition cost has increased more in Republican states where they have cut funding.

Trickle down economics is a simple concept and it works. People make more money, they spend more money. If people pay higher taxes, they spend less on cars, restaurants, flights, hotels, etc. Those who can't understand it make me wonder about their intelligence level.

What??? Wow you are way way out there my friend. Trickle down economics is like saying hey we have 1 lion and 10 kittens and we are going to give the lion a steak and expect him to share with the kittens HAHAHA yea better get to that Bingo hall pap pap. Yea you are stuck in 1950, that helps me understand you a little better. Oh and the Washington Post had an article that said the a few reasons for increased tuition were 1. Colleges spend more say on buildings and professor pay. 2, State governments have cut funding so the cost is sent down to the students. Uh Oh hence the higher increases in Republican states

This post was edited on 3/13 2:34 PM by sammyk

Sammy, you are way out there. Somebody has "taught" you things that just aren't right, but it's not surprising since you are in the "world" of education.

Let's take your example and dissect it a little bit. Of course, the lion will not share the steak with the kittens; IT'S THE ANIMAL WORLD. He's going to eat the whole steak.

But, if you want to equate that with the capitalist system, you just don't get it. In trickle down economics, a person makes a great salary, say $250,000 a year. He buys a new car every 2-3 years and that puts people to work to manufacture the car. If he makes $1 million a year, he probably buys more than one car every 2-3 years; this puts even more people to work. The manufacturing people have jobs, the sales guy makes a commission for selling the car; everyone benefits. Now the guy takes a vacation with his family. He flies on a plane that is built by Boeing workers in the USA and the pilot and flight crew benefit; he stays at a hotel, and the hotel workers benefit. Then he goes out to dinner and the waiter is great and gets a $100 tip; again, everyone benefits. Then he takes a sunset cruise; the workers on the cruise are great and he leaves a great tip at the end of the night; the bartender is great and she gets a great tip.

Do I need to go on? These are just random examples of activities that go on every day in our economy.

Are you aware of this? Did you ever think that this kind of thing actually happens?

Even if you want to come back with some simple-minded reply about only the rich doing these kind of things, which is not true, trickle down relates to every day activities of people making a salary and spending a portion of their earnings on various things that help to put people to work.

Funny that you keep making this 1950's statement when it is you who, based on your posts, needs to get out more and see some of the world.

College costs are going up because they are run by liberals who spend, spend, spend on unnecessary things including buildings and other things that are not related to basic education. There are so many majors that are not worth the cost of tuition. And you continue to focus on just state colleges and not private colleges, where the same thing is happening. Tuition is increasing way more than the cost of living because the liberals who run the colleges are greedy and spend too much on things that are not related to educating students better. I don't care what the Washington Post says; you should be able to think for yourself.

As far as the need for education, I know a guy who was a science professor at the Oklahoma University. When he was hired, they told him they didn't care about his teaching, they only cared about his research. Now, unlike what you might blurt out, I won't say that this one case translates across the board, but it is an indicator of the priorities of some people who run colleges and universities. And the person who ran the university at that time was a democrat. But that's true in almost all cases.

One last thing: if you want to come back with some story about middle class destruction, keep in mind that as someone moves up and out of the middle class, which many people will do as they advance their careers, there is absolutely no government statistic to measure this. And as people move out of the middle class, the definition of which has never been stated, but for this example, let's say it's anything over $200,000 in annual income, the average income of the remaining people in the middle class is going to go down, but it's not an indicator of the country being worse off. It's that people are moving up in so-called class. You will notice that there aren't any government statistics that are regularly published detailing the number of people in the middle class, upper class, etc. Does this make sense? Can't wait for your reply.

Thanks for the Magna Carta response but you are wrong

Sam, I'm not college educated, and have been a self employed blue collar worker for the last 41 years. I understand the value of an education that I do not have. I'm physically beaten from working outside. My wife and I made sure that our children would have a different opportunity.

My point simply stated: I believe if we are going to hand money out, then why not defense type spending (which I use for one example of which there many) instead of the welfare system where generations are paid to stay home and have been stuck there for 50 years with no accomplishments in life. Great jobs are created say at Boeing, Lockheed, local machine shops, luncheonettes, etc. etc. etc., and YES they do trickle down. Access cards cause the recipients to trickle down to the lowest common denominator, and always stay there by design. Hence, why I can never vote D.

II always laugh when I see the idiotic bumper stickers on Prius' saying that if we eliminated bombers, and gave all the money to teachers, what a wonderful world it would be! Not the way I see it,,,

Originally posted by sammyk:
Thanks for the Magna Carta response but you are wrong
And why am I wrong Sammy? You do realize that you fall completely flat on your face by coming back and not supporting your argument?

No more arguing with stupid for me! It's like trying to have a discussion with a caveman.

A caveman that realizes that he is talking to a person set in his ways and unable to see things outside of the republican box. This is typical in older people so I will leave it at that my friend Now you are free to harass muppets from a balcony.
This post was edited on 3/15 9:31 AM by sammyk

Sammy, you disputed trickle-down economics by using a lion/steak example. I came back with counterpoints and your reply is that I was wrong, with no further argument or counterpoints on your part. Do you realize that, in the debate world, this is about the equivalent of a forfeit in a sporting event? You just ran away. Weak, weak, weak. And unmanly.

But you are a good liberal, because you are consistent with the "no accountability" position of those folks. It's always someone else doing something to you.

Sammy, I may be 10 years or so older than you, but I suspect that you are about 45 going on 65, based on your misery index of complaining about your plight on this board.

You've got nothing to bring to the table to support your argument. Forfeit, 100-0, no-show, blowout, no effort, etc.

You are like a football player talking a big game then not showing up. You are exposed Sammy.

Double yawn. And all your writing and responses do nothing to cover up the fact that trickle down economics did not work no one outside of Fox News would agree that it did nothing more than help the wealthy but go ahead call me out ohhhhh I am exposed hahaha. I think that you do not realize that I give two craps about what you or anyone else says and I am sure that is reciprocated so sit back and watch the Republican run house and senate screw the pooch and get nothing done and lose another presidential election. So debate all you want on PA preps message board and keep calling out all those liberals go get em boy.

No, actually I am not going to argue with stupid any more!

The point that goes over your head, and it's not surprising that it does, is that you fail to realize that when you take a position on an issue, the normal thing to do is to back up your position with points, facts, etc. You don't do it because you don't feel like it, and you actually think that is acceptable and ok. If you were a man and had a brain in your head, you would pick apart the scenario that I laid out. Your failure to do so shows your weakness and incapability. And it's the equivalent of giving up, being a coward, forfeiting, etc. But ignorance is bliss, in your case.

All of this is pretty much harmless in the overall picture of things, but when one considers that you are actually in a position to "teach' kids, it really is a pretty sad situation and a very poor example and disservice to the kids.

There you go again being a jag. And ask my kids, parents and administration and check my students test scores before you make that kind of dumb a$$ remark. But nice attempt to attack me at the professional level typical but not surprising. I am sure you feel great, talk about sorry

There you go again being a jag. Nice job attacking me at the professional level, but you better ask my students, parents, and admin about my teaching ability before you make that kind of dumb a$$ remark . Anyway not surprised you went there though typical response oh by the way I am sure you feel great you showed me

Wow there you go being a jag. Nice attack on my professionalism. Awesome. But my admin, parents, test scores, and students would so disagree with you so nice try. I am not suprised you went there typical response I am sure you feel great good job you showed me how will I make it to work tomorrow?

Wow nice attacking me professionaly but better ask my students parents and admin about my teaching before you assume anything but that is ok typical know nothing know it all

Oh there you go being a jag again. Nice attack on me as a professional great job you showed me. But you might want to ask my students, parents, and Admin before you ASSume that there is a disservice to my students. Jagoff

Sammy, why are the four messages posted below my reply no longer in the system. What did you say, man? Must've been pretty bad!

To all the political science experts, don't hijack my threads anymore. You have enough already, thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT