ADVERTISEMENT

Let the belly aching begin!

Now we run the triple option and the QB completed more passes to Interboro than to his own team on Thanksgiving.

That Ridley team had 3 future NFL players on it and I dont think anyone came within 3 TDs of them Too bad no playoffs back then.

I remember Blundin, but never saw him play. Was he the athlete this PR kid is? He has a ton of success running the ball, too.

Last edited:
I remember Blundin, but never saw him play. Was he the athlete this PR kid is? He has a ton of success running the ball, too.
I watched Jurkovic against Wayne and he was unbelievable with his accuracy and running ability. He will be very tough to control . IMO the Prep is the only team that has a chance.

Just from looking at the tape, id say Blundin not quite as quick. But he was huge-6'6", 6'7, 230. He was also a 4 year starter on the UVA basketball team that went to the Elite Eight. Just a different kind of athletic.

This stuff is so funny nobody questions the coaching or the teaching fundamentals at prep but let's face it check out the lines size and weight
same with skill position speed and agility there not all D1 recruits but I would guess any one on the 2 or 3 deep would start on most teams and most of the freshman would be varsity anywhere else.,If Infante comes to any parent and says I want your son to play football at SJP and we can help with tuition and make it affordable to you who wouldn't do it.This is done every where especially in city areas just look at usa top 25
1. mater dei
2 img
4.st john bosco
7 american heritage
8 bishop gorman
9 st frances academy
16. bishop miege
21 st johns
24. brentwood academy

and if i went regional forget about it

Burrs Blundin was a dual sport guy. I remember sitting at McGonigal Hall back in the day for the Sonny Hill league. Blundin is playing in the league, and of course it is stacked. I hear this loud bang and he is hanging on the rim after he jammed on some of philly's finest players. I agree, too bad we didn't have states. Jurkovec reminds me a lot of him. Except I am serious, the ball just exploded out of Blundins hand. The ridley guys can back this up. Only guy I saw who had a similar gun was Costa out of the prep after him, I think he went down to Miami. Anyway, Jurkovec is gonna be a handful.

No bellyaching here... If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. SJP is the current standard in 6A. Wood is the standard in 5A. In all honesty, the 6A Eastern Finals have been competitive outside of a few games. Not the case in 5A from what I remember. Coatesville (2012) and Neshaminy (2013) both were their best teams in decades. Neshaminy was a play or two away that year from moving on against SJP. Pennsbury got drubbed the following year (2014) by SJP. 2015 was interesting, but that was Parkland's best team since Austin Scott. Phantom interference call at the end helped them move on.. 2016 was North Penn's best team in a long time and the game was extremely competitive. My point is the top Public teams can compete. It is not the same team every year, but one team usually rises each year. However, Coatesville may be a year away.. SJP 35-17.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT