ADVERTISEMENT

Is Truman For Real?

solfootballfan

Sep 24, 2018
Surprised at this weekend's upset of HST over Neshaminy.

Are the Tigers for real or are Skins just down this year?

Do the Tigers have a shot of beating Pennsbury and a possible league title?

Would be interested in what others think.

Probably a little of both. Neshaminy down some and Truman up a bit.

Thanks, I just noticed that Truman lost to Council Rock S. Does that means that CR South could possibly win the league? I can't recall anything like this in the past. Could be interesting.

Thanks, I just noticed that Truman lost to Council Rock S. Does that means that CR South could possibly win the league? I can't recall anything like this in the past. Could be interesting.

South was Co-Champions in 2010 with Abington and Neshaminy. All 3 were 6-1 in conference play. They lost to NP in the D1 semis.

In 2011 South and Abington tied for the title with 6-1 records. South lost to NP in the D1 Championship.

What sticks out to me is how good Abington always was under Tim Sorber. The guy was a heck of a coach. They handed South their only regular season loss in 2011. I remember Sorber calling a fake punt on his own 30 that turned the game around. It wasn't like 4th and a yard, more like 4th and long. He definitely had a little Doug Pederson in him.

South was Co-Champions in 2010 with Abington and Neshaminy. All 3 were 6-1 in conference play. They lost to NP in the D1 semis.

In 2011 South and Abington tied for the title with 6-1 records. South lost to NP in the D1 Championship.

What sticks out to me is how good Abington always was under Tim Sorber. The guy was a heck of a coach. They handed South their only regular season loss in 2011. I remember Sorber calling a fake punt on his own 30 that turned the game around. It wasn't like 4th and a yard, more like 4th and long. He definitely had a little Doug Pederson in him.

I liked Sorber a lot too and I do remember that fake punt. I remember talking to him at the State title games in Hershey right after he retired and you could tell that the game was imbedded in him. He loved the game and he loved working with the kids. I got the feeling that the few good players that left for other programs really bothered him.

Maxpreps has South beating Abington 30-22 that year...

Anyhow, how does South look? Can they do it again?

Truman was miss four key offensive starters for the Council Rock south game after being ejected the previous week. Don't know how much of an effect it had with the game.

Truman should beat Pennsbury. I would think they will be a possible top 8 seed come District playoff time.

Truman up. Neshaminy, Pennsbury down. LaPalombara is making some good headway over there, but to see 4 players suspended for a game, not sure what that's about. None of the SOLN goes past week #1 of the playoffs.

Even with Neshaminy down a little this year, it’s still a great win for Truman and their program. Hopefully they can get the off the field stuff resolved and focus on the game. It’s nice to see a staff go into a place that’s been struggling recently and turn it around. I’ll be pulling for them. Good luck!

Truman is a good team. They have a tremendous running back, and are very fast. Neshaminy is down. They usually beat teams like Truman along the line of scrimmage and that didn't happen last week.The coach can take some blame as well as the last two Skins scores screamed (maybe tgat was me) to go for two. Both PATS were blocked. DTW Exposed the Skins defensively as well. They are not a good tackling team. As skinner pointed out they lost several backs and lb Majors unexpectedly right before the season. Majors was even in camp. That said Truman is good and the Skins needed a 101 yd in return just to have a shot in that game. Missing I think it was 8 players suspended (fighting with Tennent players I heard) CRS riding an emotional bubble (coach missing game when Mom was in hospice) played great and beat them. CRS can be a tough team to play anyway though. Pennsbury looks very down this year. They will have to scratch and claw all year. Neshaminy will probably be favored the rest of the way. Two one point losses to good teams doesn't make you awful. The CRS NHS game will be interesting.

Iron what do you think about the last blocked extra point? Don't you have to go for two there? I think it was more the lines fault, but the kicker wasn't getting the ball up. Everyone know Manzyk gets that ball, but he was crushing kids on those sweeps.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT