ADVERTISEMENT

Harrisburg vs Cumberland Valley

Wow, a 56-14 final. They have to be the 5A favorites right now. Lots of games before we get to Hershey, but a possible Wood-Harrisburg final will be must see TV.

Reactions: lilromeo
Stalk -

I'm not gonna ask you any longer whether or not CV can stop P-R (quite a smackdown delivered by the Cougars).

Relayer, I have to agree with you. Seems like them and AW are on collision course to meet in Hershey. It's nearly impossible to stop this Harrisburg offense. Too many weapons plus Parsons being the ultimate weapon out of the backfield.

If the scores I saw are correct, they are averaging 50 points per game. Their lowest two scoring outputs came in weeks 1 and 2, 33 and 35, respectively. The defense is no slouch either. It'll take a special effort to beat this team.

Could you imagine a College Playoff scenario in PA this year with the 4 best best teams in the state going at it. I'd take Pine-Richland vs. Erie Cathedral Prep in one semi-final and St. Joe's Prep vs. Harrisburg in the other. Who comes out of that final four the winner?

Stalk -

I'm not gonna ask you any longer whether or not CV can stop P-R (quite a smackdown delivered by the Cougars).

No, CV can’t stay on the field with Pine Richland. You’ve got to be multi-dimensional to keep up with them meaning CV was never the system to beat a system like theirs. Not built for it. SJP, LS maybe.

The West has had extraordinary teams the last 2 years. Unfortunately for PCC, so did the East. I believe those roles are reversed this year.

Here’s a question……..could Pine Richland beat Harrisburg?

Reactions: new2pa
I watched some of the Harrisburg-CV game. I also believe P-R would handle CV easily.

The ability to score is critical in playing P-R. So if Harrisburg can score a few, I think that they could be in the game. I would have to see Harrisburg play a spread team before I could comment on if they could stop P-R. Are there any online?

No matter what though, anything Parsons does, Jurkovec could do, so that in and of itself would mean a closer game for Harrisburg.

I watched some of the Harrisburg-CV game. I also believe P-R would handle CV easily.

The ability to score is critical in playing P-R. So if Harrisburg can score a few, I think that they could be in the game. I would have to see Harrisburg play a spread team before I could comment on if they could stop P-R. Are there any online?

No matter what though, anything Parsons does, Jurkovec could do, so that in and of itself would mean a closer game for Harrisburg.
New....I think the great misconception or secret is that Harrisburg is MUCH more than Parsons.

Reactions: halefleet
New....I think the great misconception or secret is that Harrisburg is MUCH more than Parsons.
IMO Harrisburg is driven by QB Wilkerson who can both throw with accuracy and run effectively when needed. His receivers are fast ,get open and catch the ball. They will score a bunch no matter who they play ,but Wood will give them a game and could get the win. Hrsbg.still commits too many penalties. Cumberland Valley looked smallish on the O line commited numerous turnovers and missed several catchable balls. Number 38 is a tough RB .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT