ADVERTISEMENT

GA @ NG Cancelled

If a kid works hard enough and has the talent to go along with it, then they will have a chance to play at the college level. Whether that be D-1, 1AA, D-2, or D3. It can happen at any school. If you're good enough they will find you. That simple.

IMO, the involvement/influence with the 7-on-7 offseason stuff potentially could be a conflict of interest when you're a head coach for a HS team. The exposure to kids in that type of setting makes it easier to find or sway current HS players to make a move to another school. On the surface I think the 7-on-7 stuff is good for kids and having the opportunity to continue to work at the sport during the offseason is generally a good thing.

Stop the madness thats why football is behind in this area. Alot of coaches in this region need to step their game up. You want to penalize a man for working all year around to get kids better.

Stop the madness thats why football is behind in this area. Alot of coaches in this region need to step their game up. You want to penalize a man for working all year around to get kids better.

I'm not penalizing anyone. I think it's a conflict of interest and I'm sure many area coaches feel the same. I have zero complaints about grabbing all the freshman you can and if a few transfers walk thru the door on their own doing. With that said, being exposed to kids in this element makes it easier to influence (In some manner; not necessarily a negative thing) kids from wanting to pack their bags at one school and head to another. Who said anything about penalizing someone? But let's use common sense here.

I'm not penalizing anyone. I think it's a conflict of interest and I'm sure many area coaches feel the same. I have zero complaints about grabbing all the freshman you can and if a few transfers walk thru the door on their own doing. With that said, being exposed to kids in this element makes it easier to influence (In some manner; not necessarily a negative thing) kids from wanting to pack their bags at one school and head to another. Who said anything about penalizing someone? But let's use common sense here.

I think your way of thinking is outdated, Kids aren't playing for coaches they do not relate to.

I think your way of thinking is outdated, Kids aren't playing for coaches they do not relate to.

That's fine, but make that decision entering high school, not after two other schools in three years.

Also, are you implying that black players can't relate to white coaches and vice versa? If not, please explain what you mean. I'm interested.

And I didn't even bring any of that up. I mentioned a conflict of interest due to the exposure to kids in the offseason.

Burrs,

You mean to tell me WC didn't get transfers year in a year out that attributed to their success within the last 10 years?

I think it's a damn shame that these kids are bouncing around to other schools because of a sport. The value in education is not very high with these individuals. It's producing selfishness and doesn't prepare them for the struggles ahead in their life. What's stopping them from jumping from college to college when they aren't the starter or don't like the coach. 99% of these kids aren't going pro.

The color of a coaches skin doesn't make him relatable. Its great coaches with different ethnic backgrounds, however be authentic in your approach, care about the student athletes well being, Student athletes are more than and X/O on a playsheet prepare and talk them about life. Also, A family can decide to move a child as they seem fit, they are not tied to a school/program. If a coach would receive a better coaching opportunity, what would they do??? Leave right.. Prime example Player A was convinced to Transfer from School A to School B due to his relationship with Coach B. Next Year, Coach B bolts for the high profile C job. And if the student transferring qualifying GPA nobody should have any complaint

Burrs,

You mean to tell me WC didn't get transfers year in a year out that attributed to their success within the last 10 years?

I think it's a damn shame that these kids are bouncing around to other schools because of a sport. The value in education is not very high with these individuals. It's producing selfishness and doesn't prepare them for the struggles ahead in their life. What's stopping them from jumping from college to college when they aren't the starter or don't like the coach. 99% of these kids aren't going pro.

Yes, of course they did. A lot of schools get transfers. I'd say most do actually. At least on some level. Personally, I'm not against transfers on the surface. But I think the move should be initiated by the family/player without any persuasion or influence from someone associated with a program. Meaning, it needs to be their idea. Also, unless it's a "special circumstance" I'd would eliminate senior transfers at every school. Also, I would eliminate more than one transfer per four years. So, if you don't like a situation after freshman or sophomore year, then go ahead look for something else. After junior year? To bad. Or, go ahead and transfer but you're done playing sports. Maybe, that's harsh.

NG's roster has 45 kids on it. Nine are leftover from last year, 11 are freshman, so do the math. I think it's excessive. Even if you discount the Del Val kids because they needed a school, which I'm fine with. I don't begrudge anyone from getting hired or building a program, but you should have to build it up from the ground, IMO. As an example, when WC's HC took over there they were as bad as bad can be. And he built it thru his freshman class for the most part. He took lumps early on. That's part of the process. He didn't go out and bring in dozens of transfers in year one.

And guess what, West has some transfers this year, too. A couple from Del Val. A handful from NG, two who are brothers who left NG in January because of the situation down there and wanting to be closer to home for family reasons. Another two who started the process in January. Each of them sought out WC. I'm not here to say that WC doesn't have transfers or anyone else doesn't either. And if they are doing things unethically, then it's wrong.

Burrs,

This is fair and I agree.

The color of a coaches skin doesn't make him relatable. Its great coaches with different ethnic backgrounds, however be authentic in your approach, care about the student athletes well being, Student athletes are more than and X/O on a playsheet prepare and talk them about life. Also, A family can decide to move a child as they seem fit, they are not tied to a school/program. If a coach would receive a better coaching opportunity, what would they do??? Leave right.. Prime example Player A was convinced to Transfer from School A to School B due to his relationship with Coach B. Next Year, Coach B bolts for the high profile C job. And if the student transferring qualifying GPA nobody should have any complaint

Not totally off-based here and I get where you're coming from, but technically in your example that is a transfer for athletic reasons which according to the PIAA is illegal.

Also, I've been around a lot of Hs coaches in this area and for the most part I'd say most of them care about their players a tremendous amount. There isn't just a couple of coaches out there who "care" about kids. I think that is a convenient excuse to justify whatever might be happening.

Albie has a following and parents of kids with talent will follow him because they know their kid will have a shot at going on to play in college. No different than when he was at TEP. And yes, it is borderline racist. Unless you have the financial statements of the parents of those kids and can prove it then you can post the reply you posted.

Glad to see you joined in on the topic. Financial statements?

"Straight cash" - Randy Moss

Cheers,

Busch

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT