ADVERTISEMENT

End of 3rd: Montclair 31 - Neshaminy 24

PA2CAMoleskinner

Sep 18, 2007
Montclair returned the 2nd half kickoff for a score and then had a long punt return on a strange bounced kick that the 'Skins thought was downed (it wasn't). Their second score followed a short drive. Neshaminy had a long drive for its six-points.

In the early moments of the fourth Neshaminy then took it the distance as Jones ran it in the final 27 yards. McDonald's PAT was good as the score went to 31-31.

Skinner, let's keep all game posts in one thread. It's easier to follow and doesn't clutter the board. Just edit the title when the score changes, much like I did last night.

Sounds like a great game.

I'm trying to figure out how to do that (change the title - I'm not trying to screw it up).

By the way, Neshaminy is at the Montclair 16 or so with a fourth and short (3:16 left on the clock).

Dogba made the first (to the five) and then took it in for the score. Neshaminy then lined up for a two point conversion with the Jones pass to Hughes knocked away to leave it at 37-31 for Langhorne with 2:40 on the clock.

On a nice play on the kickoff the Montclair return man was brought down at their 12 following a bouncing kickoff (2:38 on clock). And coming out throwing the 'Skins sacked the QB at the 8 on the first snap. The second attempt was tipped by Spingler to bring up 3rd and 14 at the 1:47 mark. Hughes knocked the next one away as Montclair called a timeout as they faced a fourth and 14.

The empty backfield saw what looked like a "Hook and Lateral" as Webb got it to the 40. Another quick run had it at midfield. Running no huddle they couldn' stop the clock as they make a first at Neshaminy's 45 with Webb then making just a yard as the clock keeps running on an intentional grounding call. Losing a down and ten yards it put the Mounties at their 42 with a 3rd and 23. The pass was good but short by a yard.

With the clock burning out the final play saw a Hail Mary effort to the end zone ...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT