ADVERTISEMENT

Aliquippa forced up again? PIAA wrong or right?

they are all coming back, b/c they realize the move, might actually help their college opportunities- i could make a case that wpial 5A is the most competitive and high profile conference in the state, in the last 5-6 years

and no, Sammy, the 5A teams are not "rooting for that!!" I tell thought, the winner of the Northeast Conference sure will be battle tested in the next 2 years! Penn Hills, Woodland Hills, Pine Richland and Aliquippa?

Oh- and it wil be interesting to see if the Quips will "withdraw their appeal" and maybe realize they WANT to stay in 5A?

Reactions: Stalker
News to me. I thought it was about pounding the daylights out of the other guy. No?

high school sports are supposed to be about one community vs another community

not one community vs an all star team
lol - nothing more than an opinion based on personal experience while a broader picture has been in play for well over 100 years - SJP been doing the same thing for decades and the insinuation that it’s a football factory only is laughable - as stated before, their crew, thespian and forensic programs are better, but you seem to know everything about it since you’ve never been there - go buy a stuffed animal, you need it in more ways than one

lol - nothing more than an opinion based on personal experience while a broader picture has been in play for well over 100 years - SJP been doing the same thing for decades and the insinuation that it’s a football factory only is laughable - as stated before, their crew, thespian and forensic programs are better, but you seem to know everything about it since you’ve never been there - go buy a stuffed animal, you need it in more ways than one
having a good arts program or theater or whatever you want to call it doesn't make them any less of a football factory

show me all the football players that participate in those programs, somebody already mentioned your QB is already in college so i guess he didn't care for forensics right?

and you buy the stuffed animal, squeeze it tight every time i point out the facts about your favorite team

Just heard this morning that the Jamar Allen kid from north hills is now officially at aliquippa. Has a temple offer.

It’s pretty egregious at this point, they better get ready for 6A in a couple years.

Just heard this morning that the Jamar Allen kid from north hills is now officially at aliquippa. Has a temple offer.

It’s pretty egregious at this point, they better get ready for 6A in a couple years.
Aliquippa’s transfer bonanza is without a doubt the most brazen recruiting campaign in WPIAL history. In a couple months they have landed 4 big time transfers, 2 with D1 offers and the other 2 with D1 potential. And make no mistake, these are all transfers. Once you play for a high school, any move to another school is officially a transfer, doesn’t matter if it’s from private to public. Doesn’t matter if you are transferring back to the public school where you live, as is the case for 2 of these.

What’s really going to be interesting is how the WPIAL/PIAA handle their eligibility. Anyone with a functioning brain knows these transfers are for athletic reasons. Will the WPIAL/PIAA rule these transfers are athletically motivated and deny eligibility? The WPIAL has frequently ruled these types of transfers as ineligible in the past. And the PIAA frequently overrules the WPIAL on appeal. Would the PIAA do that this time?

If these 4 are playing for Aliquippa this fall, it pretty much means the end of rules barring transfers for athletic intent in Pennsylvania, just throw it out the window and make it a free for all. Like college.

Will the Aliquippa transfers be allowed in the playoffs? I thought most transfers were allowed in the regular season, but weren’t eligible in post season

Probably a lot easier to beat the athletic intent rule than the winning plus transfers.

This also makes every transfer personal. About this ONE kid not getting a chance. Well played, Quips, well played.

Aliquippa’s transfer bonanza is without a doubt the most brazen recruiting campaign in WPIAL history. In a couple months they have landed 4 big time transfers, 2 with D1 offers and the other 2 with D1 potential. And make no mistake, these are all transfers. Once you play for a high school, any move to another school is officially a transfer, doesn’t matter if it’s from private to public. Doesn’t matter if you are transferring back to the public school where you live, as is the case for 2 of these.

What’s really going to be interesting is how the WPIAL/PIAA handle their eligibility. Anyone with a functioning brain knows these transfers are for athletic reasons. Will the WPIAL/PIAA rule these transfers are athletically motivated and deny eligibility? The WPIAL has frequently ruled these types of transfers as ineligible in the past. And the PIAA frequently overrules the WPIAL on appeal. Would the PIAA do that this time?

If these 4 are playing for Aliquippa this fall, it pretty much means the end of rules barring transfers for athletic intent in Pennsylvania, just throw it out the window and make it a free for all. Like college.
If I’m the Quips I’m getting everyone and forcing PIAA to move us up faster. Since we’re being forced up again I’ll remove all doubt and let everyone know exactly what we’re doing.

Reactions: new2pa and Stalker
If I’m the Quips I’m getting everyone and forcing PIAA to move us up faster. Since we’re being forced up again I’ll remove all doubt and let everyone know exactly what we’re doing.
And yes, that's exactly what Aliquippa has done. It's basically an "up yours" to the PIAA. But athletically motivated transfers are still against the rules. These players could well be sitting out a season.

Reactions: new2pa
Depends on the district they play in and who is making the decisions it seems.
this is d7, wpial, these kids will face opposition, transfers will be questioned, a couple will be ruled ineligible for post-season- imo the big next crazy thing is schedule- comes out March 13- will the quips have to play NA or PCC? crazy / fascinating

they have been doing this for countless years, it wasn't until a few years ago people decided to punish them rather than pretending "there is just something in the water that keeps producing good football players in this run down town"

this is d7, wpial, these kids will face opposition, transfers will be questioned, a couple will be ruled ineligible for post-season- imo the big next crazy thing is schedule- comes out March 13- will the quips have to play NA or PCC? crazy / fascinating
i'm just hoping people stop feeling sorry for them and pretending they are david slaying goliath

Post Gazette story reveals that the 2 players "returning" to Aliquippa have been bouncing all over the place. 7th grade Aliquippa, 8th grade Central Valley, 9th grade Central Catholic, and now back to Aliquippa. The other 2 have no connections to Aliquippa. But no one will cry harder than the Quips if they are ruled ineligible because these transfers are so obviously athletically motivated.

Post Gazette story reveals that the 2 players "returning" to Aliquippa have been bouncing all over the place. 7th grade Aliquippa, 8th grade Central Valley, 9th grade Central Catholic, and now back to Aliquippa. The other 2 have no connections to Aliquippa. But no one will cry harder than the Quips if they are ruled ineligible because these transfers are so obviously athletically motivated.
That will always be insane to me that people with no connections will move there strictly for football. outside of football the school district isn’t really nice at all and sometimes that just isn’t even worth it even if you’re apart of some rocking football team.

That will always be insane to me that people with no connections will move there strictly for football. outside of football the school district isn’t really nice at all and sometimes that just isn’t even worth it even if you’re apart of some rocking football team.
Do they actually "move" or do they just use an address? Do they "move" or do they claim "homelessness?"

Do they actually "move" or do they just use an address? Do they "move" or do they claim "homelessness?"
yes im sure some are considered homeless- but some im sure bounce between relatives, cousins grandparents, etc, i know one of these kids was living in the city, so no real "better or worse" between Quippa and the city. And- actually some of these moves may be kinda legit- rent in the city might be 700 per month, maybe in Quippa it's 400 per month. And heck- might pay tuition at PCC, and free at Quippa!!

Honestly, I’m at the point where I hope quip just recruits like crazy, wins, goes to 6A and competes there.

Honestly, I’m at the point where I hope quip just recruits like crazy, wins, goes to 6A and competes there.
well we will see, Quippa will be playing PR in week zero, if they are 4a, so that will be an indicator- not sure how good pr will be, we gotta build a whole new OL

What's happening at Aliquippa is beyond ridiculous now. They have officially entered the world of the privates/non-boundary schools.

What's happening at Aliquippa is beyond ridiculous now. They have officially entered the world of the privates/non-boundary schools.
Hopefully with all the bouncing around they have the academics to qualify for college or the offers will not matter anyway. 26% proficient in math and 34% proficient in English....

Wow!!!! I was half joking saying a 2026 final between Aliquippa and St. Joes. Now it’s looking like an inevitability with all this talent funneling in

Aliquippa should be the favorites in 5A this upcoming year

Honestly, there’s no way all these kids are going to be eligible, that’s really going to be a disfavor for some of them. The quip people on Facebook are talking like there is going to be more too

Last edited:
will people finally stop feeling sorry for them or do they need a dozen more transfers for that to happen?

even Mark Madden was calling them victims of "racism" HAHAHA

well- kinda all public now- this article kind of sums things up!! crazy, 5 transfers, maybe all good players

Wow so with all those kids already there now this article has another from seton la salle and a freshman from Central Valley. That’s like what 10 or 11 now since january. Over half their line up is going to be moveins next year. Ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT