Wpial leave Piaa?!

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

northalleghenytiger

Aug 22, 2022
Okay so I just need to get this off my chest I’ve been thinking /about this for a real long time . 6 classes is the worst move in Pennsylvania history … like what was wrong with 4. 6 is way too many and it really sucks

WTF why is there 5 teams in wpial 6A… who are the brain dead dumbasses in charge here??? Why can’t we play north hills, pine Richland, woody high , Penn trafford etc etc

It doesnt help that the piaa board or whoever is not responding to my emails..;; way to listen to your die hard fans of high school football who want it to be better. Answer my damn calls - everything is getting worse becoase of you incompetent fools in charge

wpial needs to leave the piaa right now for the love of all things holy. Go back to 4 classifications and write this terrible wrong the way it was back in the good old days. I don’t want to keep playing canon Mac year after year no disrespect they just kinda suck

philadelphia people you must understand where I’m coming from. Piaa ripped apart the wpial maybe because of jealousy. I’m not sure if I can deal with this idiotic system anyonore

Would love to here you’re guys thoughts

I don’t think it’ll ever go back to 4 classes. I could see 5, but 4 would be admiting a mistake.

Regarding scheduling, pretty much everywhere in the state except the WPIAL, teams can play whoever they want whenever they want. I believe only here does the district make up the schedules - not the ADs.

I don’t think it’ll ever go back to 4 classes. I could see 5, but 4 would be admiting a mistake.

Regarding scheduling, pretty much everywhere in the state except the WPIAL, teams can play whoever they want whenever they want. I believe only here does the district make up the schedules - not the ADs.
I’ll take anything at this point. 6 classifications is so boring. We all know the final will be NA vs PCC. Canon Mac and Seneca are garbage. Lebo has a chance every now and then.

I’d love to play McKeesport, or bethel, or USC in the playoffs but it’s not possible anymore and I’m furious

I’ll take anything at this point. 6 classifications is so boring. We all know the final will be NA vs PCC. Canon Mac and Seneca are garbage. Lebo has a chance every now and then.

I’d love to play McKeesport, or bethel, or USC in the playoffs but it’s not possible anymore and I’m furious
Merge 5 and 6 and be done with it. No one loses face and we're back to essentially the set-up people want before going to 6 with the teams people care about.

tiger- these are valid questions, but none of these things will ever happen

only easy option, like New said, allow WPIAL schools more flexibility in scheduling- this is a problem in other districts not just D7- 5 could never merge w 6, too uneven pops

Reactions: new2pa
ex in wpial/D7- 4000 student, 5A school Norwin, vs 8000 student 6A Seneca Valley, many other examples state-wide

Merge 5 and 6 and be done with it. No one loses face and we're back to essentially the set-up people want before going to 6 with the teams people care about.
tiger- these are valid questions, but none of these things will ever happen

only easy option, like New said, allow WPIAL schools more flexibility in scheduling- this is a problem in other districts not just D7- 5 could never merge w 6, too uneven pops
I don’t know why they don’t merge…. Another thing with 6a it waters down everything. Winning wpials is not as important as it used to be

And dare I say there has been some FRAUDULENT wpial champions since the 2016 season. Check this garbage out, right off the top:

2017 Gateway- won 5a. They shouldn’t have this ring. Pine walks all over them

2018 Penn hills- won 5a. Again, pine walks them like a dog

2021 Penn trafford- won 5a. This one seems particularly egregious. This was penns first wpial and state champ win. Lebo mercy rules them easily

And there’s probably more examples. This MUST change

tiger- this is too much "woulda coulda" you could do the same thing for 2A vs 3A

and im sorry, i dont think Art Walker has any interest in "changing things"

Tiger - recall that your AD said NA “gets nothing from playing 5A teams.”

So…

Here's an idea... North Allegheny is double the size of most 5A schools. So North Allegheny divides and forms two school districts, kind of like Downingtown did a while back. Both teams would easily be big enough to play in 5A. Now they get to play their old rivals + a new one every year.

Current enrollment figures for NA and all 18 WPIAL 5A schools. As you can see, a divided NA would produce 2 teams in the upper half of 5A enrollment.

North Allegheny 8467

Hempfield 5304
Norwin 5071
North Hills 4554
Pine-Richland 4550
Baldwin 4435
Fox Chapel 4158
Moon 3997
Peters Township 3939
Upper St Clair 3934
Bethel Park 3899
Shaler 3897
Penn-Trafford 3852
Plum 3556
South Fayette 3443
Gateway 3422
Franklin Regional 3369
Woodland Hills 3240
Penn Hills 3069

Last edited:
Okay so I just need to get this off my chest I’ve been thinking /about this for a real long time . 6 classes is the worst move in Pennsylvania history … like what was wrong with 4. 6 is way too many and it really sucks

WTF why is there 5 teams in wpial 6A… who are the brain dead dumbasses in charge here??? Why can’t we play north hills, pine Richland, woody high , Penn trafford etc etc

It doesnt help that the piaa board or whoever is not responding to my emails..;; way to listen to your die hard fans of high school football who want it to be better. Answer my damn calls - everything is getting worse becoase of you incompetent fools in charge

wpial needs to leave the piaa right now for the love of all things holy. Go back to 4 classifications and write this terrible wrong the way it was back in the good old days. I don’t want to keep playing canon Mac year after year no disrespect they just kinda suck

philadelphia people you must understand where I’m coming from. Piaa ripped apart the wpial maybe because of jealousy. I’m not sure if I can deal with this idiotic system anyonore

You have all the answers and said you would be on the PIAA board this year, yet no return calls?!?! LOL - you’re delusional as usual and we all know it now … please put your crayons away and always color within the lines, now brush your teeth and go to bed.

You have all the answers and said you would be on the PIAA board this year, yet no return calls?!?! LOL - you’re delusional as usual and we all know it now … please put your crayons away and always color within the lines, now brush your teeth and go to bed.
Wait a minute. I thought that seat was promised to me !?

tiger- this is too much "woulda coulda" you could do the same thing for 2A vs 3A

and im sorry, i dont think Art Walker has any interest in "changing things"
I agree. Get rid of the 2A wpial champs while we’re at it

It doesn’t matter what art walker thinks. It’s the moronic PIAA

Lol okay buddy, at least I try and help. What do you do? Humble brag about SJP and claim they don’t have the advantages they do. Stop being a thorn on the side of everyone and get out of this board. You’re just a bad version of tulla. Sorry that I had to be the one to say it

• Haha
Reactions: roxychknpoxy
The PIAA member schools overwhelmingly support the 6 class model.

The PIAA has made it clear they don't serve the fans, they serve it's members as it should be.

The PIAA member schools overwhelmingly support the 6 class model.

The PIAA has made it clear they don't serve the fans, they serve it's members as it should be.
The way it should be? Yes of course, how stupid of us to feel the PIAA which derives its principle income from the fans/gate should be beholden in any way to them?

Lol okay buddy, at least I try and help. What do you do? Humble brag about SJP and claim they don’t have the advantages they do. Stop being a thorn on the side of everyone and get out of this board. You’re just a bad version of tulla. Sorry that I had to be the one to say it
Roxy and I have seen SJP building its program for nearly 30 years. It's been very incremental and at times there have been some rough patches--and not just right after Brooks left. And while everyone knows there are advantages to being able to draw players from all parts of the Philadelphia area, we're aware of all the hurdles the program has had to deal with. Not having a practice field on site IS a disadvantage and players having to commute 30-60 minutes each way is a challenge. And the academics can be a hurdle that doesn't apply to all schools. In recent years students from more far-out parts of the Philly area have been coming to the Prep; that's largely because the quality of the program is better-known, partly because of things like the ESPN appearances. Again, we know most schools cannot build their programs this way, but it should be seen that the Prep has had to build theirs brick by brick.

i agree i don't like the 6 class system

it won't change, for whatever reason the people in charge like this system

I'm pretty sure Canon Mac beat Upper St. Clair last year, correct me if i'm wrong and they were 5A finalists, they beat Penn Trafford last week, they would definitely beat North Hills

Mike White said North Hills doesn't want to play NA in football anymore, times have changed they haven't been good since Mccurry retired

Seneca Valley would've beaten most 5A teams last year, they gave NA and Central all they could handle and they beat PR though that was before PR really got going

Oh, don’t you bully me, I’ll call the PIAA and get a return call - LOL … I’ll recommend you for chairman, maybe they can create preferred parking for your craftsman riding mower - LOL

Oh, don’t you bully me, I’ll call the PIAA and get a return call - LOL … I’ll recommend you for chairman, maybe they can create preferred parking for your craftsman riding mower - LOL
Look at you playing victim. Again, I’m trying to help. You’re on the wrong side here pal. I hope you grow up and mature enough to see that. Now I have instructions for you: make like a banana, and split.

Look at you playing victim. Again, I’m trying to help. You’re on the wrong side here pal. I hope you grow up and mature enough to see that. Now I have instructions for you: make like a banana, and split.
peek a boo … it’s late, turn your light off in your room so mom doesn’t know you’re still awake … you’re getting wild and crazy … love banana splits and all things Hanna Barbera

Reactions: Stalker
hey he might be loaded enough to drive a nice car, NA is a very rich district

peek a boo … it’s late, turn your light off in your room so mom doesn’t know you’re still awake … you’re getting wild and crazy … love banana splits and all things Hanna Barbera
who gave grandpa crack again… buddy I think you’re losing it

your humility is cute

the school that has been known to chant "that's alright that's ok... you'll work for us some day" LOL
I have a 2018 Hyundai Elantra…. There I admit it. It’s not a fancy car or anything but it gets the job done. Yes some people in Wexford have teslas or Lamborghinis but some are modest.

Don’t you live in Ringgold? I went to the highschool for a wrestling tournament a few years back and saw they got a large endowment from I want to say 5 guys burgers and fries co-ceo? Can’t really remember. Seems like ringgold is living large these days

I don't live there anymore

i know nothing about any endowment, but i do know Joe Montana demanded about 100k to come back to the school when they named the field after him

half the school district eats lunch for free, that should tell you how "large" they are living

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
I don't live there anymore

i know nothing about any endowment, but i do know Joe Montana demanded about 100k to come back to the school when they named the field after him

half the school district eats lunch for free, that should tell you how "large" they are living
is this a fat joke?

The way it should be? Yes of course, how stupid of us to feel the PIAA which derives its principle income from the fans/gate should be beholden in any way to them?
I wonder why the NFL doesn't include it's fanbase/media as part of the competition committee? You know the same taxpaying fans who pay thousands of dollars on season tickets, merchandise, advertising, television subscriptions, etc...

I wonder why the NFL doesn't include it's fanbase/media as part of the competition committee? You know the same taxpaying fans who pay thousands of dollars on season tickets, merchandise, advertising, television subscriptions, etc...
I wouldn’t have the slightest idea........as I was pretty clearly talking HS FB and PIAA governance that in no way is or can be analogous to the NFL.

I have certainly not enjoyed this current format. This rinky dink league does not fly with me at all
Check Out 2015 4A: Now this is a MANS league!!!
CLASS AAAA SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE
Woodland Hills
Mt. Lebanon
Bethel Park
Upper St. Clair
Penn Hills
Peters Township
Canon-Mac
Baldwin

CLASS AAAA NORTHERN EIGHT CONFERENCE
Central Catholic
Pine-Richland
North Allegheny
Seneca Valley
North Hills
Shaler
Butler
Fox Chapel

CLASS AAAA FOOTHILLS CONFERENCE
Penn-Trafford
McKeesport
Kiski Area
Plum
Norwin
Hempfield
Altoona
Connellsville
Latrobe

Time for districts in Western PA to merge.
Carmichaels+Jeff Morgan+ Mapletown = 3A school
Waynesburg +West Greene =3A school
Beth Center+Bentworth +Califirnia=3A/4A school
Ft Cherry+ Buggestown + Avella+McGuffey = 6a school
Ringold+Charlerio =5Aschool
Wash High +Trinity+ Char Houston =6Aschool
AG+Brownsville =5A
Uniontown +Frazire+Laurel Highlands =6A school
Monessen+Belle Vernon=5A school
Derry+Latrobe=6A school
Ligoner Valley and Mt Pleasant=4A
Jeaneete+Yough+Southmoreland=5A
That right there just created more 6A schools. Now if you continued into Allegheny County, Ect you could create what 6 -10 more 6A classifications schools if you added 11-15 6A schools and get rid of 1A/2A the WPIAL might find it more sustainable

Last edited:
I p
Time for districts in Western PA to merge.
Carmichaels+Jeff Morgan+ Mapletown = 3A school
Waynesburg +West Greene =3A school
Beth Center+Bentworth +Califirnia=3A/4A school
Ft Cherry+ Buggestown + Avella+McGuffey = 6a school
Ringold+Charlerio =5Aschool
Wash High +Trinity+ Char Houston =6Aschool
AG+Brownsville =5A
Uniontown +Frazire+Laurel Highlands =6A school
Monessen+Belle Vernon=5A school
Derry+Latrobe=6A school
Ligoner Valley and Mt Pleasant=4A
Jeaneete+Yough+Southmoreland=5A
That right there just created more 6A schools. Now if you continued into Allegheny County, Ect you could create what 6 -10 more 6A classifications schools if you added 11-15 6A schools and get rid of 1A/2A the WPIAL might find it more sustainable
I posted this exact thought about a year ago and I got laughed out of the forum

I have certainly not enjoyed this current format. This rinky dink league does not fly with me at all
Woodland Hills
Mt. Lebanon
Bethel Park
Upper St. Clair
Penn Hills
Peters Township
Canon-Mac
Baldwin

Central Catholic
Pine-Richland
North Allegheny
Seneca Valley
North Hills
Shaler
Butler
Fox Chapel

Penn-Trafford
McKeesport
Kiski Area
Plum
Norwin
Hempfield
Altoona
Connellsville
Latrobe
Never forget what the PIAA took from you

Woodland Hills
Mt. Lebanon
Bethel Park
Upper St. Clair
Penn Hills
Peters Township
Canon-Mac
Baldwin

Central Catholic
Pine-Richland
North Allegheny
Seneca Valley
North Hills
Shaler
Butler
Fox Chapel

Penn-Trafford
McKeesport
Kiski Area
Plum
Norwin
Hempfield
Altoona
Connellsville
Latrobe
There are 25 teams here- most of these teams PREFER the new system.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT