ADVERTISEMENT

2015-2016 Early ranking predictions

Burr, not sure where you get your info but you are wrong as I heard it from the horses mouth. Mike is done at Wood
Ramgreen,Is Carey going to coach anywhere this coming year ? That man is an incredible line coach and I would like to follow him if he is coaching . Thanks

I'm happy to be corrected, so please let me know what's wrong. About the QBs, I was referring to experience in varsity games where Clements played two complete games in '13 and in parts--including a fairly big part of the Ryan game--of some others. And were any of those I listed as starters not starters? You're making wonder if some won't be returners.
Holsopple was a full-time starter at right tackle last year. Boyle moved to TE for certain packages, so in that respect you could say he started. Regarding the third player, I shall keep that info to myself. For those paying attention, it will be revealed come August. I was not making reference to any QB situation.

Holsopple was a full-time starter at right tackle last year. Boyle moved to TE for certain packages, so in that respect you could say he started. Regarding the third player, I shall keep that info to myself. For those paying attention, it will be revealed come August. I was not making reference to any QB situation.
Thanks for the correction about Holsopple. I seem to remember his taking Ehrlich's place when Ehrlich was injured, but I didn't realize he was coming from another starting position. I also realize I didn't include Simmons among the returning starters, though I don't recall if he started every game. You would know.

August will be here before we know it.

Thanks for the correction about Holsopple. I seem to remember his taking Ehrlich's place when Ehrlich was injured, but I didn't realize he was coming from another starting position. I also realize I didn't include Simmons among the returning starters, though I don't recall if he started every game. You would know.

August will be here before we know it.
Baker and Evans filled in for Ehrlich. Simmons did not start every game. He impressed me with his downfield blocking last year.

Ramgreen,Is Carey going to coach anywhere this coming year ? That man is an incredible line coach and I would like to follow him if he is coaching . Thanks
I waited till i saw Mike before answering that question. He said when he coaches again it will be at Arch Wood but definitely taking the year off.

I waited till i saw Mike before answering that question. He said when he coaches again it will be at Arch Wood but definitely taking the year off.
Thanks,I am glad he is planning to return to Wood. I thought that he may be moving back to CB West.

How does this affect Wood? Is this first time Devlin will be without Carey?

How does this affect Wood? Is this first time Devlin will be without Carey?
My opinion is that the loss of Mike Carey has to have a big impact on Wood this year. That coach has been in more State Championship games than anyone I can recall . At least 4 finals at CB West with Pettine and 4 finals with Wood. I could be off by a game ,but you get the point. Wherever he coaches ,winning follows.This is not to take anything away from Devlin or Pettine,but Carey is a winner.

Where do you rate Gateway and McKeesport . I agree with PCC with Woodland Hills a close second. I know Penn Trafford is also loaded .

This is Gateway 's 2nd year in AAA. I thought they would be a AAA power last year but they were a dissapointment. There hasn't been much buzz about them so I don't know how they will be. I assume they should be better. I've heard that Franklin Regional in AAA will be strong again as will West Allegheny. In AA and in A it will be the usual suspects, Aliquippa and Clairton although Seton LaSalle is expected to make some noise. Paris Ford DB, WR is their stud who is being recruited by Ohio State. I expect North Catholic to be in the mix in A. They moved into a new school and will be moving up in class sooner or later. I pay attention, primarily to Quad A. McKeesport has a great coach with George Smith who's back for his 2nd year after being gone a few years. They have talent and will be in the running. They should be tough. They scrimmage PCC every year and we are expecting the Tigers to be a good test this year. My guess is they will make it to the WPIAL quarter finals. Woody Hi is loaded and usually overrated. They are touting their defensive front as being the best in the west after a Central Catholic "bad boy" transferred. He is a D1 talent but got kicked off the team last year.

Last edited:
My opinion is that the loss of Mike Carey has to have a big impact on Wood this year. That coach has been in more State Championship games than anyone I can recall . At least 4 finals at CB West with Pettine and 4 finals with Wood. I could be off by a game ,but you get the point. Wherever he coaches ,winning follows.This is not to take anything away from Devlin or Pettine,but Carey is a winner.

Let's nip this early. If Imhotep wins D12 3A this year, yes they are the favorites and possibly clear favorites, then that is the reason why. It's not because Carey has decided to take at least a one-year sabbatical of sorts.

Wood lost a lot of key contributors, including six of their top 7 OL. Now, they have good players returning, a strong foundation to reload, and at least two significant transfers that I know of. So, they'll be right there again. Still, I think it's fair to say that Imhotep returns more.

Is Imhotep playing Youngstown Mooney this year in Youngstown ? If so, we'll go check it out.

They only get 3 N-L games. Not going to Ohio this year. They play Gratz, St. Francis (MD), and Friendship (DC).

Reactions: pcc64
This is Gateway 's 2nd year in AAA. I thought they would be a AAA power last year but they were a dissapointment. There hasn't been much buzz about them so I don't know how they will be. I assume they should be better. I've heard that Franklin Regional in AAA will be strong again as will West Allegheny. In AA and in A it will be the usual suspects, Aliquippa and Clairton although Seton LaSalle is expected to make some noise. Paris Ford DB, WR is their stud who is being recruited by Ohio State. I expect North Catholic to be in the mix in A. They moved into a new school and will be moving up in class sooner or later. I pay attention, primarily to Quad A. McKeesport has a great coach with George Smith who's back for his 2nd year after being gone a few years. They have talent and will be in the running. They should be tough. They scrimmage PCC every year and we are expecting the Tigers to be a good test this year. My guess is they will make it to the WPIAL quarter finals. Woody Hi is loaded and usually overrated. They are touting their defensive front as being the best in the west after a Central Catholic "bad boy" transferred. He is a D1 talent but got kicked off the team last year.
PCC64If Woodland Hills is loaded ,why do you say they are over rated? Is it coaching or something else?

Typically they have been in the past, IMO. Every year it's going to be Woodi Hi and they always have talent. They start slow, come on but always lose their last game. Maybe this year it will be different as they are loaded with speed and size. the Post Gazette will probably have them as their preseason # 1. I have them 2 or 3. I suspect that they will make it to the WPIAL finals. It's not coaching because George Novak is a good coach and he does a good job with the kids. Always have future NFL talent. Not close enough to the program to know what issues exist. Maybe it's just that they run into a better "team" or they're not good enough.

Last edited:
Doubt it IAdelco! Coachshead12 asked for all 4 classes from any district. Only JiveTurkey9 responded. I did District 3's classes on another post and RoverNation05 did 4A only in D11. So I guess at this point the answer is no!?

Let's nip this early. If Imhotep wins D12 3A this year, yes they are the favorites and possibly clear favorites, then that is the reason why. It's not because Carey has decided to take at least a one-year sabbatical of sorts.

Wood lost a lot of key contributors, including six of their top 7 OL. Now, they have good players returning, a strong foundation to reload, and at least two significant transfers that I know of. So, they'll be right there again. Still, I think it's fair to say that Imhotep returns more.
I agree with both points,Carey leaving will still have a big impact on Wood.

I agree with both points,Carey leaving will still have a big impact on Wood.

Carey is a great coach. There's no doubt about that. I do think AW will put capable guys in his place. Wood is still going to be a well-coached team.

All I'm saying is that they lost like 24-25 seniors. Yes, they'll still be good, probably very good. But if they end up falling short to IC, then I think it will be more about IV having skittle more overall talent. At least at this point I think this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT