ADVERTISEMENT

WOW!! Cumberland Valley beats Central Dauphin in 7 OT's 62-61

Maybe the most misleading final score ever. The game was tied at 13 after regulation and 97 points were scored in the OT's.

I watched it. 6-3 at Half, lol. CD finally cracked and decided to go for 2 and failed. I thought each team had to go for 2 after the 2nd or 3rd TD in OT. That rule obviously is no more.

I watched it. 6-3 at Half, lol. CD finally cracked and decided to go for 2 and failed. I thought each team had to go for 2 after the 2nd or 3rd TD in OT. That rule obviously is no more.
Going for two starting in the third OT is an NCAA rule. I think the NFHS should adopt that rule, but I guess since you get goal-to-go from the ten (vs. 1st and 10 at the 25), that's the trade off.

Have to think CV was worn out in a game like that. Do they have enough to compete with PCC?

I never disagree with Coach but handing it to FB/DT Perez (6-3, 270) was almost predictable but had early success there. Thought they'd fake to him with QB AJ Millar who's quick going outside. CV had their number this year winning on 40-yd FG at Landis with no time then ot Saturday. CV won last year 7-0 so hard arguing.
CV is a Wing-T with a QB who can pass so they could shake up PCC. If they can move it on the ground PCC is in trouble. They'll just pound it, shorten the game. Been there so no intimidation. Quick team like Bethel Park a few years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT