ADVERTISEMENT

Wood - Wayne, OH

How many points for a loss? Just kidding, I know you were answering Huck's question...
BTW forgot to mention how nice the facilities were the stadium and scoreboard were best in class and the fans that I met were passionate, knowledgeable sports fans and nice people...

One thing I did not know is that the entire state of Ohio is open enrollment, including public schools. The Wayne fans were saying how it is driven by success in basketball and football. We get worked up about pub/private here, imagine if entire state were wide open???

It would be interesting to do some due diligence on this scenario. Essentially, compare and contrast PA to OH to underwrite expense, infrastructure, education and taxes among many other things. I'd venture to guess that OH is better on most items. Competition naturally leads to improvement. Our solution was charter schools when the better answer is likely vouchers or open borders for all.

0 points for a loss.....

Thanks, Huber Heights Wayne is a football school and we have one of the strongest followings in the area and Wayne has been voted as top atmosphere in the Miami Valley. Wayne has not lost a home game in nearly 3 years and has not had a competitive game at home in over 2 years with every game having a running clock in the 2nd half. That is how good the Wayne team had been over the last couple of years. The 2016 Wayne team will be good and make a run but they lost a lot from back to back graduation classes. The crowd was a bit shocked with Wood putting up 21 points but finally got into it when Wayne got it going. It would of been an electric night if the weather would of let them play.

All the RED seats on the home side are season ticket holders so that is why the ends fill up first and the middle are late comers but the place is usually packed by the time the 2nd qtr starts. 7:00 start times is hard for some folks to make it on time....

Not sure who told you about open enrollment. Wayne is a closed enrollment school and one has to live within the school district to enroll at Wayne or pay a hefty tuition. Plus all kids that play sports must pay a participation fee of $450.00. Ohio does have many open enrollment public schools and each season there are many transfers including those who physically move within the Wayne school district. The Wayne basketball team did win state in 2014 including a win over #1 in the nation Findlay Prep NV. 2015 team went undefeated in the regular season with a win over IMG Academy from FLA but got upset in the tournament.
Thanks for your input about the game and Ohio HS football. I too am of the opinion of not continuing after a two hour delay and absolutely not playing the following morning, due to the many logistical concerns. We all would have liked a complete game and it probably would have been a classic to watch for the fans in Wayne. I do hope that your people out there appreciate that we play good football here in Phiily also.

Just curious how Archbishop Wood did tonight?

For those curious. Huber Heights Wayne upset Archbishop Moeller tonight at Wayne 35-17.

Go Wood!

Bergen Catholic 34 - Archbishop Wood 16

North Jersey is different level of play
Wood hung tough for 3 quarters. They moved the ball well on the ground , but continually tried to force the ball long to Webb without success. Bergan came on strong in the 4rth to pull away . IMO Wood will again be a force.

Thanks for the score.... If you don't mind could you post Wood's finals here after their game each week.

I projected Wood to go 6-2 with them losing last week and this upcoming week being a toss-up. After this week, should Wood win the rest of their games?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT