ADVERTISEMENT

Wood vs. Imhotep game

ramgreen

Oct 18, 2004
shocked that there's not much chatter about one of the best games I've seen in awhile. Driving home i thought Wood was the better team and controlled much of the game but turning the ball over in critical situations was their demise. If Wood scores at end of third quarter game over ! Instead fumbles reverse and Imhotep picks it up and runs it back which was the play go the game. Then Wood driving in 4th and Russo throws int which seals it for Imhotep.Great crowd and Imhotep sure has a lot of athletes. Best of luck to them in state playoffs

Reactions: exr001
Being a HS football junkie, it was easily the best game I saw in a few years and worth all the inconvenience being there all day. What hit me from the beginning was the speed of this game. I was at the Parkland game the night before and that paled in comparison to this.

Both have outstanding programs and very good coaching staffs. I actually came away more impressed with Wood than I was with them this time last year. They also were extremely classy in defeat from all the coaches down to the players.

A heart felt thanks from many of us to both programs for giving us a great one.

Reactions: lilromeo
Being a HS football junkie, it was easily the best game I saw in a few years and worth all the inconvenience being there all day. What hit me from the beginning was the speed of this game. I was at the Parkland game the night before and that paled in comparison to this.

Both have outstanding programs and very good coaching staffs. I actually came away more impressed with Wood than I was with them this time last year. They also were extremely classy in defeat from all the coaches down to the players.

Did anyone get to ask Russo if he was trying to throw that ball away on the pick? Many thought he was; others felt he wasn't.

Incredible game with so many tremendous plays and players on the field. it was a classic. Too bad Wood lost as I thought they would pull it out. Good luck to the Tep. They were so much more disciplined in their execution . They are destined for Gold in Hershey. Go Tep !!!!!

JBin that wasn't directed towards you. That was towards the comment of the best game of the year. It was a great game. I think the best game in the last 5 years was prep lasalle two weeks ago.

Reactions: yesman3
JBin that wasn't directed towards you. That was towards the comment of the best game of the year. It was a great game. I think the best game in the last 5 years was prep lasalle two weeks ago.

Agreed, LS - SJP was more exciting but then I'm biased. It's always great to see an excellent game regardless of the opponents. Lord knows, there are enough dog games out there already.

Was a good game but it's so far removed from real high school football. How many of the kids on Imhotep have been playing together since middle school? To a lesser degree same thing with Wood and their transfers. Those two teams are all- star teams and very very good. Doesn't change the fact that winning with home grown talent makes it a little more satisfying to some. Once the districts are over my interest wanes because the likelihood of a public school winning anymore is so remote. Open enrollment and lax transfer rules have damaged the high school game. The system is broken and until the PIAA decides to do something about it certain schools will have a distinct advantage.

I guess you guys weren't at prep lasalle last week?
Lets see , your gonna jump into an Imhotep/wood thread and complain that we aren't calling the lasalle/prep game the best game of the year , your kidding me right ???

I saw the prep game and no I didn't think it was better but that's just me !

Lets see , your gonna jump into an Imhotep/wood thread and complain that we aren't calling the lasalle/prep game the best game of the year , your kidding me right ???

I saw the prep game and no I didn't think it was better but that's just me !
And that's why we have opinions!

The game Saturday was the best game I saw all year because it was so evenly matched from beginning to end. The best part of the Prep/LaSalle game was the 4th quarter.

Either way, both were terrific games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT