ADVERTISEMENT

Wood game ?

ramgreen

Oct 18, 2004
Anyone here attend the Wood / McDonough game? Shocked to see them lose especially at home. Any details ?

Sloppy game overall. Wood couldn't get anything going on offense, no rhythm really. Defense looked solid not great. McDonough's two D1 kids each made a big play for long TDs.

Anyone here attend the Wood / McDonough game? Shocked to see them lose especially at home. Any details ?
Woods spread offense doesn't appear to fit their personnel .Instead of the ground and pound most expected ,IMO they went to the pass too often. hey,thats the coaches decision and I respect that, but those two RBs are reminiscent of duos they have had for years. They should win their share this year ,but I sure would like them to return to what they have been doing for the last 10 years or so. Oh well, we will see!!!!

lilromeo,

I feel like this has always been their mo in the past couple of years and it is something that usually prevents an undefeated record. In the beginning of the year non-league play they open it up a bit more, throw the ball, try to be balanced. At the end of the year they line up with maybe 1 WR on the field at most and run the ball more than 85% of the time.

lilromeo,

I feel like this has always been their mo in the past couple of years and it is something that usually prevents an undefeated record. In the beginning of the year non-league play they open it up a bit more, throw the ball, try to be balanced. At the end of the year they line up with maybe 1 WR on the field at most and run the ball more than 85% of the time.
FJ78, The difference I see is they are using the spread as opposed to the power I. I like their 3 year starting QB , but IMO the spread doesn't fit his strengths. This is just my take based on watching this team for years pounding out win after win. The QB was sacked 7 times at least trying to throw or run. I do hope you are right and they return to Wood football.

lilromeo,

Great start for Judge ,Go Crusaders !!!!!!

heard it was sloppy all around.handful of turnovers and 7 sacks the qb was running for his life

lilromeo,

Just an additional observation about Wood, and that is their line is one of the smallest in years and There are very few underclassmen that have any real size. This could be the end of Woods great championship teams for awhile. They should be ok this year , but not sure going forward.

Berks Catholic defeated McDonogh 14-13. That's a great win for BC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT