ADVERTISEMENT

Win at all costs

There are and have been schools that are public "tuition" schools. So, if the kid wanted to transfer from Pennridge to NPenn, and the average real estate/school tax per home in NPenn is the $14, 820, then the Pennridge kid would be charged that figure as "tuition" if NPenn was a tuition school. This in essence keeps the locals happy since the kid is paying the same fair share in taxes as everyone else. The kid is NOT actually required to move-he could commute from Pennridge.

Im not sure how many tuition schools are left in the area. I know years ago that Strath Haven was. When the old St James High School closed down, they got a handful of very good athletes in as tuition kids. Im not sure if they still have this program.
Hey Speed: I believe you were right about the tuition at SH. I don't know if that exists now. I do know school districts bus kids in for special ed. SH does bus kids out for other needs. Maybe you would know, if other school districts bus their kids to SH, do they pay tuition to SH?

I expected to hear from you FBU during the great season Wood had this year. Anyway,glad you still post. BTW,Im in remission and on chemo.
Great News........Peace and Calm.......added you to my prayer list...........Great Season!
Watched and followed....This senior class was the last class I had a personal attachment to!
Best PROGRAM in the State!

Reactions: lilromeo
Down South there is a saying

Win if you can
lose if you must
but always cheat

Is the PIAA starting to see this “win at all cost” culture or are they just appeasing the masses with the 21 day rule. It’s a start but this doesn’t get to the root of the problem IMO. What is everyone’s thoughts?

I read somewhere, over the weekend, that a player can't transfer and play for another team once he has competed in 50% of the regular season schedule. I don't recall how far into the season Parsons transferred, but I believe it was more than half way through. I actually like both of these ideas.

I didnt See an article that said that, but that would make much more sense. Still doesn’t stop the between year transfer.

I knew I wasn't that far gone...

Rick O'Brien‏Verified account@ozoneinq

Replying to @ozoneinq @Neil_French and

Also approved, on a first reading basis, is a mandatory standard of 50% of the # of competitions allowed per sport to constitute a season. So if a kid played 5 football games elsewhere (based on a 10-week regular season), he'd be done. He wouldn't be able to play for new school.

Down South there is a saying

Win if you can
lose if you must
but always cheat

The American way!
Greed! It's in our daily lives, wish it was only in high school football where it really doesn't matter.
This is what we teach our youth. Should we blame Madoff? Enron? Smith Barney?
Happy new year!

I read somewhere, over the weekend, that a player can't transfer and play for another team once he has competed in 50% of the regular season schedule. I don't recall how far into the season Parsons transferred, but I believe it was more than half way through. I actually like both of these ideas.

I think this rule is at its first stage and has to go thru another step or two to get passed.

The 21-day rule will at least prevent a situation like what happened at C-E this year and might be somewhat of a deterrent in that kids might not feel that missing three weeks of actually playing in games isn't worth the transfer. Let's face it. The examples of Parsons last year and the C-E one this year really don't happen that often.

lil... sorry for not posting sooner.. catching up a little.. but best of luck with your treatments.. keep up the fight and my family will keep you and your family in our prapers

LR, praying you up and asking for the Lord to pour favor all over you and your family. Love your posts. Keep them flowing. Peace and love.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT