ADVERTISEMENT

Who is in the running for the HH job?

Who is their coach?[/QUOTE
Mark Schmidt. Aren't they having a numbers problem? Talked to a senior at Cardinal O'Hara Saturday who said the freshman classes seem smaller every year.

Can't win unless players and parents all row the boat together. This is a very difficult school district to coach in.

Which is it though? Is is that he's a great coach but you just can't win at HH? Or is it just easier to be successful at a place like Imhotep for an average coach? If you can't win at HH - maybe one of the former coaches who struggled there should be on the list for the next big time job?

I think HH has changed a lot since Sanderson was there. Sanderson is a great coach, just look at how he helped CB West this year. But since he left Wood became an annual state champion/contender taking lots of HH’s finest athletes, lacrosse at HH has also grown as more kids play lacrosse over football, and not having a coach in the building and having coaches come and then leave before even coaching a practice does impact a program, and lastly overall numbers are down due to the fear of concussions.

Sure things change. But after 1 year quitting. What’s with that? What does that tell
Kids as well? I though Schmidt was gonna break the HH trajectory. I was wrong. Who’s in the pipeline? I don’t think wood is getting the talent they did in the past...who is?

All of the remarks concerning this makes sense, but I think this is a culture that may lack the parental and player discipline and school board backing that it takes to field a football program. Not sure what the reasons are for this. Could be many reasons. But I can tell you that I am not sure as football coach you are truly in charge of the team. I don't know the coach, I don't have any reason to defend him or take him down. I just know it is not an easy place to coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT