ADVERTISEMENT

Whitehall's coach calls Wood an all-star team

First, I disagree with your assessment of the status of the likes of Temple, Rutgers and Georgia. Second, as previously addressed by someone else in this thread, there have been numerous Prep football players who have gone onto prestigious colleges and universities. Putting these issues aside, when we sent my son to SJP, the end goal for my wife and me was to put him in what we viewed as the best possible position to succeed. In sending our son to the Prep, we felt the academic rigors he would encounter there would prepare him for college, no matter where he ended up going. In speaking with parents of other Prep football players, it was apparent that they shared the same view.

I couldn't have exressed that decision process any better! Good on you!!

As many of you know, I'm a Wood guy and then some. Have been on this board since the late 90's I believe, Relayer can attest. UptownVike please stop your antics, you're an embarrassment to the Wood community.

I've had the pleasure to hang out with 16th several times over the years. When I think of Wood, it's good people like him, not the nonsense in this thread.

Reactions: lilromeo
Hey newman, that was actually December of 1974, but you were just a very young fellow then, maybe 5th grade if my calculations are correct!! Are you going to Hershey next Friday?

@njfan47 Your math is spot on! One of my older brothers was Class of '75, and, although he didn't play, he was friends with a lot of these guys. As far as Hershey goes...if Wood is there, I am there. I'm pretty sure I'll be there. You've been pretty quiet this season.
@16th&Georgetown I couldn't agree with you more. There's enough people that have issues with Wood as it is. The last thing I want to see is someone "representing" the school by shooting their mouth off and making more enemies.

People need to lay off of Wood. By no means would you call me a supporter. But if we drop the sr transfers (which by all accounts they seem to say they are doing), they are no worse or better than any other school. And I say school because every school will take transfers, or tuition paying students. When I look at the qualities that made some teams great, that being the Berwicks, the CB Wests, the early Beck and Pettine NP teams, the Downingtowns, Neshaminies, and Coatesvilles. The one thing that makes those teams great was talent #1, and then a complete buy-in for all for one and one for all. Stats go out the window and the only results that matter are Ws. In that framework I think wood does one hellofa job. I think Coatesville will be hell on wheels in the years coming up and I think Ortega does a good job of that with his teams. Downingtown East is always very very very good with kids who buy in, and they in turn are paid back by their coach who takes care of them. For some reason, people don't give credit to some of these schools whose kids portray the qualities we value in football.

@njfan47 Your math is spot on! One of my older brothers was Class of '75, and, although he didn't play, he was friends with a lot of these guys. As far as Hershey goes...if Wood is there, I am there. I'm pretty sure I'll be there. You've been pretty quiet this season.
@16th&Georgetown I couldn't agree with you more. There's enough people that have issues with Wood as it is. The last thing I want to see is someone "representing" the school by shooting their mouth off and making more enemies.
Well, I'm pretty sure I will make the old ale house at 5 and then the Wood game. I will be wearing my jeff cap and heavy Penn State coat if any of you are planning on going this route and want to say hi,Beer on me. My ultimate weekend would be Wood,the Prep,Imhotep,Temple,Penn State and the Eagles all win. I like to dream.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
Newman, as of now, I will be there. Things could change but the flight has been booked! Haven't seen Wood yet this year, mostly games down here. Saw American Heritage beat Bosco 21-0 early in the season and seeing them again tomorrow night against Tampa Jesuit. Their OL size makes Wood look small. Also saw Booker T. Washington beat St. Thomas Aquinas in the opener in August. Amazing athletes on the field in that game. Hope to see you next week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT