ADVERTISEMENT

Whitehall's coach calls Wood an all-star team

Everyone knows that these schools recruit. Instead of complaining PIAA should allow public schools to recruit with transfers not having to sit out a season. With just about every school district facing declining enrollments there are plenty of empty seats to fill in the classrooms. It would level the playing the field in a hurry. If Barkley (Whitehall,PSU) went to Parkland they would have been a completely different (better) team and he didn't have far to go. School districts like Downingtown (get some Coatesville talent), Central Bucks could load up one school, get a coach and be much more competitive. Not always a solution, Council rock still couldn't get better then 6 & 4. Time to change the rules and stop crying.

Nothing is going to change in the near future. This is what the PIAA wanted with the inclusion of D12. Let's be honest, Academy Park has no chance next week, none.

http://highschoolsports.lehighvalle...y-archbishop-wood-all-stars-in-piaa-quarters/
Congratulations to Wood. IMO its more about open enrollment than so called recruiting. Its not like Wood offered scholarships to the starting lineup every year. Many of their good players choose to attend Wood . I hope they win another State title.

Reactions: UptownVike
Nothing is going to change in the near future. This is what the PIAA wanted with the inclusion of D12. Let's be honest, Academy Park has no chance next week, none.

http://highschoolsports.lehighvalle...y-archbishop-wood-all-stars-in-piaa-quarters/
Bet they're having this very conversation at Shippensburg , losing to Berks Cath 37-13, andTJ losing to Cathedral 30-13 and at Homer Ctr losing to BS Guilfoyle 52-6.
But if he wants to talk about an All Star team, get with North Pocono after losing to ICS 38-7.

Those who say these schools don't recruit are either dreaming or on something. ECP has had players from Ohio/NY. Prep/Wood NJ, If it's about education why are so few players from these schools at elite schools. Anybody can get into Temple, Rutgers, Georgia, etc.

@00shoe ....awwwww your team must have lost for you to make a comment like that, you said anybody can get into those universities what school do you represent genius

Congratulations to WOOD, see you in Hershey with Prep and Tep and the people That don't like it can kiss my 3 State championship Rings LOL

Reactions: lilromeo
Those who say these schools don't recruit are either dreaming or on something. ECP has had players from Ohio/NY. Prep/Wood NJ, If it's about education why are so few players from these schools at elite schools. Anybody can get into Temple, Rutgers, Georgia, etc.
Just from the Prep: Reid doing computer science at Penn State, Zacchaeus at Virginia, Runyan at Michigan, the Johnson brothers at Amherst and Princeton, Martin at John Hopkins ... From this year's team Johnson will be going to Princeton, Hampton to Lafayette, Greene has an offer from Georgetown, Evans (I think) is going to Air Force, Lynch has offers from a number of good schools, and of course, Swift is going to Georgia. Obviously, not all Prep players are academic all-stars and not all of the universities they are or will be attending are academically elite universities, but the overall picture is quite good.

Congratulations to WOOD, see you in Hershey with Prep and Tep and the people That don't like it can kiss my 3 State championship Rings LOL
I now bow before Zod..

I guess its really cool to be able to beat Pubs.. but when your done waxing your rings.. let us know how bad does it suck knowing you can't beat the other recruiting schools.. prep this year and IMO last year... but I guess it's still cool having 3rd place rings..because everyone deserves a trophy...

Yawn

Congratulations to Wood. IMO its more about open enrollment than so called recruiting. Its not like Wood offered scholarships to the starting lineup every year. Many of their good players choose to attend Wood . I hope they win another State title.

What you are saying is they dont offer scholarships or financial aid for players these kids just show up saying I want to got to archbishop wood and play football and every player leaves there is one just as big or fast as the next .

Reactions: CYOBALL1
Shoe - you win the slop comment of the day ... Prep has players at the following schools playing: Princeton, Johns Hopkins, Penn State, MIT, Virginia, Amhurts, Tufts, Michigan, Harvard, not to mention many other schools over many years.

And yes, a number of kids look to go to Prep and a third of team is legacy.

Also, these games aren't a given by any means.

Uptown vike you are as much an embarrassment to wood as your recent assistant coach gattuso. Shove your rings where gattuso getting his pushed in.

Reactions: green_beans
The big school division is fine and always has been. If we look at the 3A games from the past several years, they're not remotely competitive. These are ugly scores for state quarter and semi finals. Can't see anything changing in the current 5A, Wood has a dynasty going up there on York Road. Imhotep isn't far behind at 4A.

2011: AW 41 Pottsgrove 22 (it was 41-0)
AW 70 ACC 14

2012: AW 35 Interboro 7
AW 36 ACC 6

2013: AW 42 Academy Park 14
AW 42 Berwick 14

2014: AW 44 Great Valley 7
AW 63 Somerset 20

2015: Imhotep 46 Academy Park 16
Imhotep 72 Saucon Valley 27

2016: Imhotep 38 North Pocono 7
AW 56 Whitehall 13

Why don't the superstars put their money where there mouth is, move up to 6A for wood and imhotep and lets see how you fare. Sure they would be very competitive but certainly not 3 RINGS, is that how many wood has, 3?

Reactions: green_beans
Shoe - you win the slop comment of the day ... Prep has players at the following schools playing: Princeton, Johns Hopkins, Penn State, MIT, Virginia, Amhurts, Tufts, Michigan, Harvard, not to mention many other schools over many years.

And yes, a number of kids look to go to Prep and a third of team is legacy.

Also, these games aren't a given by any means.
I didn't see any prep player at Harvard just the QB from Conestoga. I guess I should check the rest.

This is why I hardly follow anymore, every year it's the same.. St Joes'Prep, Imhotep, Pittsburgh Central, Erie Prep.

It gets very very boring.

@coverandmove1 and @green_beans regardless of what you cowards that hide behind this blog say Prep, Tep and Archbishop Wood are still going to get rings this year and the reason why I call you cowards is because I don't have to hide behind a blog and sell wolf tix, we can meet and talk face-to-face, in fact U can meet me at the wood game I'll tell uwhat I'm wearing and again we can talk face-to-face I would say I could meet you at your teams game but apparently those bums aren't playing, cowards....crickets

Cover

Aren't you the guy whining about NP taking in transfers and displacing kids? So funny, you can't enjoy a district title without attacking a superior program...if you can't play at NP, forget about D3 or even Prep, TEP or Wood..... Heck probably second team at Ryan....

Uptown,

Don"t worry about it now is the time when all the trolls come out...

Best of luck vs Academy Park!

Uptown vike you are as much an embarrassment to wood as your recent assistant coach gattuso. Shove your rings where gattuso getting his pushed in.
cover,not a good comparison to bring in to this stupid discussion. We should be thankful that we have such good teams to watch every year. Prep/North Penn should be a good one.

I think people are misconstruing Gilbert's comments. I don't think it was a fair play accusation. More that he wasn't that surprised or disappointed in the score, Wood is just on a completely different level. They should win the state title every single year. Whitehall shouldn't. They were a solid upper middle of the pack team in their conference who won a district title. Road kind of stops there and that was no great shock. And it could have been Nick Saban on the Whitehall sideline and that wasn't going to change.

Whitehall should win D11 5A every year based on the other schools in the classification. This quarterfinal evisceration by Wood should be an annual thing

Congrats to all the winners. This is hs football ,a great thing. Many talented kids and very good programs. Bucksfb , you asked for some good football info about np defenses they have faced and I give it to you and you diss me. That's fine. I try to be happy everyday about everything. My issue with uptown is he nails green beans with a you team stink and you a biach comment. This is no place for that. However mis guided beans may be, he is entitled to his opinion as we all are and without the you team suck, biach comments. I love high level football, I love winning, I love great programs, coaches, discipline and order , I love the strategy. I also believe in fair, I believe in comparing apples to apples, I despise transfers except do to relocation, I hate reclassifying and love people who are humble. That's about it, listen if your good , your good and you don't need to tell anyone that u are. Good luck to all the teams, congrats to the winners, good health to all players and the fans who root for em.

Everyone knows that these schools recruit. Instead of complaining PIAA should allow public schools to recruit with transfers not having to sit out a season. With just about every school district facing declining enrollments there are plenty of empty seats to fill in the classrooms. It would level the playing the field in a hurry. If Barkley (Whitehall,PSU) went to Parkland they would have been a completely different (better) team and he didn't have far to go. School districts like Downingtown (get some Coatesville talent), Central Bucks could load up one school, get a coach and be much more competitive. Not always a solution, Council rock still couldn't get better then 6 & 4. Time to change the rules and stop crying.

That ain't happening anytime soon! Some school districts are head and shoulders above others and that's a fact. What would be the price of say moving a kid from Cheltenham school district to Upper Dublin be? If all you're gonna do is move the kid with no added expense, the Upper Dublin family is gonna be pissed! Sort of the reason why people send their kids to private schools in the first place!

Congrats to all the winners. This is hs football ,a great thing. Many talented kids and very good programs. Bucksfb , you asked for some good football info about np defenses they have faced and I give it to you and you diss me. That's fine. I try to be happy everyday about everything. My issue with uptown is he nails green beans with a you team stink and you a biach comment. This is no place for that. However mis guided beans may be, he is entitled to his opinion as we all are and without the you team suck, biach comments. I love high level football, I love winning, I love great programs, coaches, discipline and order , I love the strategy. I also believe in fair, I believe in comparing apples to apples, I despise transfers except do to relocation, I hate reclassifying and love people who are humble. That's about it, listen if your good , your good and you don't need to tell anyone that u are. Good luck to all the teams, congrats to the winners, good health to all players and the fans who root for em.

Cover.. not need to defend me (at least I think you did - however misguided beans may be..mm I’ll have to give that some thought)…

I let myself get sucked into an argument with an ignorant individual. We all have grown up with people like him.. the first to shoot of his mouth to show how tuff he is.. why because his life irrelevant. He thinks the Sopranos is reality TV…He wants to rumble in the parking lot - wow now I’m really frightened ... maybe I’ll even break out my 76 Z for the road trip

if the person that shows up looks challenging he has his friend will step in.. we all know the type.. he’s the dad that will act like a moron at a youth game but never once offer to hold a clip board..

I like the way he brags about his three rings that he never did a thing to earn... talk to the kids that won the city title (in 76) the game was broadcast live on channel 6.. everyone and their brother watched the game.. why because it was a win for the burbs..every kids who played football for a suburban team celebrated that win because we were tired of hearing how city football was better... they’re the ones who deserve to brag about the three rings.. or the teams that fought through the losing years.. they earned the right.. you.. your just a putz that likes to pound your chest on a blog board.. who never played a down.. as you and your friends grab another Old Milwaukee saying you told him…

At least as a fan of the game, people like myself are man enough to know what our team does well and where they struggle.. and are not afraid to discuss it in a rational manner..

I’m guessing away from the board you are a relatively normal person.. or maybe your not...maybe have a Mrs. Uptown and some little uptowns running around the house.. maybe your happy and maybe you’re not… which ever it may be I am done with replying to your comments.. to me your just irrelevant…

Maybe they could have tried to stop the run. Just took a look at the game stats. Can't compete, not win, compete when you give up over 500 on the ground!!

Outside of bringing back in their prime Matt Millen, Dan Koppen, and Saquon Barkley to play defense, not sure they were going to stop the run. Maybe if you gave their defenders 2x4's. The talent and size disparity between Wood and Whitehall is massive, absolutely nothing Whitehall was going to do to win that game

Well I'm back And thank you all for your kind compliments whether relevant or irrelevant but one thing you can't change is the fact that WOOD, Prep and Tep are going to the state championship another thing you can't change is the landslide victories that these TEAMS are winning by another thing you can't change is the three rings that WOOD & Prep will have in the pass 4 years, Tep going back to back, it's funny how you try to make me out to be a monster when all I'm doing is posting for my teams but since your teams suck you try to take it out on me, but it's OK just tell little Johnny for your team tell him to suck it up and there be a brighter day tomorrow, bottom line in sports there's a winner and there's a loser, sorry LOL

Open enrollment = it is what it is. Is it fair they compete against public schools, no. But if the wood and tep faithful want to pound their chest about their multiple state championships, then they should play up to 6A with the big boys. Granted Tep plays up a level but they are truly a city all star team. I compare this to my 8 year old nephew bragging he wins 56-0 in Madden on the novice level. If your that good (wood and tep are extremely good teams), play up to the highest level of competition.

Reactions: myboyblue62
Funny, I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot or championship rings were on the other hand you would be silent but just like a child who doesn't get what he wants for Christmas, you whine, man up, take the ass whooping like a man, LOL

Funny, I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot or championship rings were on the other hand you would be silent but just like a child who doesn't get what he wants for Christmas, you whine, man up, take the ass whooping like a man, LOL
You have to be the most obnoxious, overbearing ass I've had the displeasure to encounter on this board. I've been on this board, on and off, since 2001.
Your childish Internet tough guy act gives one a look at your true measure as a man. Fact is, you're mentally unstable. Please seek help to work through your issues. Have a nice day. You are now going on ignore.

You have to be the most obnoxious, overbearing ass I've had the displeasure to encounter on this board. I've been on this board, on and off, since 2001.
Your childish Internet tough guy act gives one a look at your true measure as a man. Fact is, you're mentally unstable. Please seek help to work through your issues. Have a nice day. You are now going on ignore.
Same guy from recently, just different screen name. He ruins threads and decent conversation.

Reactions: EPC FAN
It is what it is My Team lost to Charlotte Catholic 2 weeks ago in the playoffs. They are the defending state champs and are poised to make another run. When asked by other coaches about playing a privates school who does get players from NC and SC I said I come from a state that has always had private schools play public schools so no big deal. Now if you look at the remaining teams left in the PIAA playoffs class AAAA is the one many can say something about I guess

I like the way he brags about his three rings that he never did a thing to earn... talk to the kids that won the city title (in 76) the game was broadcast live on channel 6 [/QUOTE]

@green_beans,
Wasn't that '74, led by John Rankin and Eddie "White Shoes' Guarnacci?

Vike you are an embarrassment To Wood football and this board

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT