2014: (W) Pine-Richland (49-41)
2015: (L) Lasalle (29-28)
2016: (W) PCC (42-7)
2017: (L) Pine-Richland (41-21)
2018: (W) Harrisburg (40-20)
2019: (W) Central Dauphin (35-13)
2020: (W) Central York (62-13)
2021: (L) Mt. Lebanon (35-17)

This is a ridiculous amount of success. They’ve been to the final 8 out of 9 years. They’ve won 6 out of 8 times. The only teams that have beat them were fluke public school teams. This is the greatest dynasty in PA football at the highest level.

So when will it end? Any private schools in the come up that can dethrone them? No one is on top forever, right?

Reactions: lilromeo
LOL - “fluke public school teams” … they were better teams … so if NA were to win, then it’s a fluke - LOL
I didn’t mean fluke as a negative term. I meant that 2017 Pine Richland and 2021 Mt. Lebanon struck “gold” with the kids they had. No public school would consistently beat SJP

I didn’t mean fluke as a negative term. I meant that 2017 Pine Richland and 2021 Mt. Lebanon struck “gold” with the kids they had. No public school would consistently beat SJP
they "struck gold" by playing SJP when SJP was playing a lot of sophomores

they only fall when they are young

and they have been a powerhouse for a lot longer than just the past decade, so who knows when they actually will fall for good

and they have been a powerhouse for a lot longer than just the past decade, so who knows when they actually will fall for good
I guess they struck gold by having generational teams and playing younger SJP teams. However, I don’t think any team in PA history could beat a senior led SJP. Except for 2012 NA IMO. They’re more junior led this year.

2017 P-R vs. 2020 SJP would have been a nice game. Probably give SJP the edge by a score, but that would have been nice.

Reactions: Bighead75

True. They've been good, very good or great since Brooks. The early dynasties of Berwick and Central Bucks were nothing like this!!

True. They've been good, very good or great since Brooks. The early dynasties of Berwick and Central Bucks were nothing like this!!
I guess it depends how you define dynasty.
To be a bore for a moment, are we talking about consistent winners like Ridley, Gateway, Central Dauphin, Parkland, TJ, Wilson, Cathedral Prep, Manheim Central, Farrell, McDevitt, Aliquippa, McKeesport, Clearfield, Lampeter Strasburg, etc, etc, or........teams that won a large # of Gold and Silver medals?

The latter ropes in CB West and teams that have won even more like Clairton, Berwick and SJP. But if you really want to define a dynasty in this state, we might want to start (and end?) with Southern Columbia.

Reactions: paul from philly
To be a bore for a moment, are we talking about consistent winners like Ridley, Gateway, Central Dauphin, Parkland, TJ, Wilson, Cathedral Prep, Manheim Central, Farrell, McDevitt, Aliquippa, McKeesport, Clearfield, Lampeter Strasburg, etc, etc, or........teams that won a large # of Gold and Silver medals?

The latter ropes in CB West and teams that have won even more like Clairton, Berwick and SJP. But if you really want to define a dynasty in this state, we might want to start (and end?) with Southern Columbia.
Just looked up their history. Really impressive. In fact maybe over the top. But I don't mean to be snobbish but I was talking about the Big schools (5A-6A)

I was mostly talking about “big school” state championships. Which big school has more state titles than SJP?

what years would St Joes have won state titles before they were in the PIAA?

i remember in 2003 a lot saying they would beat North Penn, and that North Penn team was pretty dominant

Duh, stalk. He was mostly talking about big schools from classifications that have only existed for an extremely short time. Why would you reference classifications that have been around since 1988!? Duh.

speak your truth, tiger. I will protect you. This is a safe space. Your are a unique snowflake. Flutter in the wind. #nevermelt.
I meant big schools as in 6a and the old 4a.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT