ADVERTISEMENT

West - NP

HSFballFan19

Jul 4, 2017
This is a huge game in District 1. I expect War Memorial to be packed. I haven’t seen much chatter about the game. It sounds like NP will be missing their starting QB and RB. If that’s the case, it will certainly help the Bucks. On the other side of the ball, will NP be able to stop West’s potent Wing T attack? I know NP’s defense has struggled most of the year. If their offensive weapons are healthy, I’d fully expect a shootout. But as it stands now, I’ll take West by a FG.

Reactions: SDLND1
This is a huge game in District 1. I expect War Memorial to be packed. I haven’t seen much chatter about the game. It sounds like NP will be missing their starting QB and RB. If that’s the case, it will certainly help the Bucks. On the other side of the ball, will NP be able to stop West’s potent Wing T attack? I know NP’s defense has struggled most of the year. If their offensive weapons are healthy, I’d fully expect a shootout. But as it stands now, I’ll take West by a FG.

HSFB - QB has been hurt and the young middle school qb Zelit is a keeper, has to take a bus up to the HS. Really has a bright future, NP has a stable of backs so no issue there. Wing Tis Beck's specialty. He owns Pennsbury( ran wing under Snyder), Pennridge, Souderton, all teams that run a form of Wing T. I thought CB would maybe catch them with Fallon(D1 kid in my mind) Nerri. Not so sure now as I, did not realize they run the Wing T. Should be fun to watch. I remember West was undefeated in 2013 and was up at War Memorial and saw NP mercy rule/running clock them by half time.

West has a good group of seniors but not a lot of players or much size. They are very well coached, play smart and have good team speed.
Game management is much better this year. Controlling NP offense line important, that's Becks strong point. IF West executes well and if the game is close in the fourth quarter West wins.

Reactions: lilromeo
I’d like to see West pull this one off. I watched Souderton last week and saw lots of spread. West going old school with wings in T?

Agreed, lines are the key and I think Wing is about controlling not showing your hands, right?

I’m planning on attending.

Tough one here, np qb probably out, rb Eaton possibly out with concussion, relied on McNamara a lot last week, can he last going both ways again? Freshman qb has played well, beck will go back to trap, power , kick out, waggle ...power pass to the flat and of course screen to the short side of field. Someway, somehow they do just enough..ill take np until one of these guys can knock em off. Soup, the guards will take you home.

Reactions: Soup13
HSFB - QB has been hurt and the young middle school qb Zelit is a keeper, has to take a bus up to the HS. Really has a bright future, NP has a stable of backs so no issue there. Wing Tis Beck's specialty. He owns Pennsbury( ran wing under Snyder), Pennridge, Souderton, all teams that run a form of Wing T. I thought CB would maybe catch them with Fallon(D1 kid in my mind) Nerri. Not so sure now as I, did not realize they run the Wing T. Should be fun to watch. I remember West was undefeated in 2013 and was up at War Memorial and saw NP mercy rule/running clock them by half time.
Don't know the teams but ydg, pts etc stack up for CBW. Must be a decent D (good speed) allowing 62pts with 3 shutouts despite a few softies. Nice win at CBS. North has a bigger offense and a leaky D compared to West. Did not use LaSalle stats. West by 2 tds.

Should be a good game. NP will have a healthy Spann back. Get one of there underclassman RB/LB back.
I applaud CBW at 7-0.

Looking at who each have played to this point I think NP has played the stronger schedule. Both have played 3 teams the same and had the same result.

Horsham 0-7
*CRS 0-6
Qtown 3-4
CBS 5-2
WT 2-5
*CBE 3-3
*PR 1-6

NP teams played
Nesh 3-4
LaSalle 5-1 wasn't a game but old school beating!
PB 4-3
*PR 1-6
*CBE 3-3
*CRS 0-6
Sou 6-1

Based on weather, I may have watch this in real-time after some wings at mesquite grill

Tough one here, np qb probably out, rb Eaton possibly out with concussion, relied on McNamara a lot last week, can he last going both ways again? Freshman qb has played well, beck will go back to trap, power , kick out, waggle ...power pass to the flat and of course screen to the short side of field. Someway, somehow they do just enough..ill take np until one of these guys can knock em off. Soup, the guards will take you home.

Cover - What's Kolby's injury? I thought he would be back by now. The young kid is doing well. Beck got away from his bread and butter when he had the transfer qb setting passing records but noticed last year he went back to basics with the running qb and then even more this year.

Don't know the teams but ydg, pts etc stack up for CBW. Must be a decent D (good speed) allowing 62pts with 3 shutouts despite a few softies. Nice win at CBS. North has a bigger offense and a leaky D compared to West. Did not use LaSalle stats. West by 2 tds.

Obviously becks strength is OL and they are running the ball well behind a young qb. Beck knows how to defend the Wing T and that could be the difference. I like the West running back, he has it all. It will be a tight one. my gut says west.

Cover - What's Kolby's injury? I thought he would be back by now. The young kid is doing well. Beck got away from his bread and butter when he had the transfer qb setting passing records but noticed last year he went back to basics with the running qb and then even more this year.
Broken bone in his foot, same thing embiid had. I don't see him returning with his strong future in baseball.

NP didn't have there WO packet for most games, now they getting them back.

Broken bone in his foot, same thing embiid had. I don't see him returning with his strong future in baseball.

NP didn't have there WO packet for most games, now they getting them back.

DKS- Too bad for Kolby a good kid and family, He took a year off and came back this year. I agree that he will light up in baseball. I like the young QB though.

DKS- Too bad for Kolby a good kid and family, He took a year off and came back this year. I agree that he will light up in baseball. I like the young QB though.
I agree the young man is good. We will see if he gets plucked. He might also get a WO back next year, speed kid who blocked the kick the nesh playoff game.

What has happened to the SOL? Long long ago this was the league that the rest of PA had to chase. Well I guess I have been around since 2001 and things change. Anyway it is good to see CB West back to winning football games. Good luck to them

I agree CBW is well coached and disciplined, and the entire offense works as a single unit, but I see this unfolding the same way the NP - Souderton game did. CBW has less than 40 kids on their sideline and I think that, combined with their lack of size, will spell doom as the game goes on. I just see them getting worn out. I'm still undecided as to whether I will attend. Earlier in the season I had agreed to see a friend's son, playing for Tennent, face Pennridge. Ewww.....

I know Pennridge has some injuries, but I am surprised by their season so far. I thought they would be much better.

I think the game may have been tougher if not playing similar offenses 2 weeks in a row .West attacks differently the Souderton but the principles are the same .As far as eaton out He is a terrific back there is a about 3-5 backups that would start on some other teams including a couple of WR plus you factor McNamara .The young QB gets better every week.I have been at games over the years where west called the play out a head of time and still couldn't stop it .
I think the West coach has done a great job. You still have to go head to head for 4 quarters without wearing down.It goes one of 2 ways close early then NP pulls away or its a rout .

Reactions: coverandmove1
Congrats to the West players and the coach. Hard work has paid off. Out right Champs next week at Souderton. NP quarterback is the real deal with a big time arm. Very little air under his throws even 50 yard passes. Wonder where he will play in the future.
Whats with the announcer?, less talk would be nice.

If I am not mistaken this is only Beck's 3rd loss in conference for his tenure. Big Win for West. The only year they missed the playoff's under Beck (2012) they lost to Pennridge and CB South.

I believe so soup, lost to cb south in 2015 when they had Josh Adams...chance to win on 2 point conversion with 20 sec or so and dive up the middle was stuffed after calling timeout and changing original play. Impressive streak

I believe so soup, lost to cb south in 2015 when they had Josh Adams...chance to win on 2 point conversion with 20 sec or so and dive up the middle was stuffed after calling timeout and changing original play. Impressive streak

Cover - Thats right! Good memory, exciting game to watch. FB got stuffed on the dive or I thought trap?, forgot about that one.So 4 losses then, not many since 2002 or when ever he took over.

If I am not mistaken this is only Beck's 3rd loss in conference for his tenure. Big Win for West. The only year they missed the playoff's under Beck (2012) they lost to Pennridge and CB South.

Soup, Beck has lost 3 times to Neshaminy in the regular season when they were members of the same conference : 2002, 2005 and 2007. Also lost to Pennridge in 2004 and CB-South in 2007.

Last edited:

Cover - Thats right! Good memory, exciting game to watch. FB got stuffed on the dive or I thought trap?, forgot about that one.So 4 losses then, not many since 2002 or when ever he took over.
Soup, Beck has lost 3 times to Neshaminy in the regular season when they were members of the same conference : 2002, 2005 and 2007. Also lost to Pennridge in 2004 and CB-South in 2007.
Relayer-Thanks! I thought I read his SOL regular season record was something and 3 and knew he lost to Nesh in playoffs.I am getting old. Good data.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT