ADVERTISEMENT

Weren't the tax cuts supposed to increase wages?

I have to agree with RTC on this point. The big companies are holding on to all of the tax breaks they're getting and it is killing the private sector. I work for a venture capital company and their big word is EBIDTA. The only way they know how to make money is to have more layoffs. No salaries, no benefits and guess what. EBIDTA goes up. EBIDTA is a curse word as far as I'm concerned.

Our company, who is enjoying record profits in their 100 year history, gave bonuses instead of raises this year. I have to assume it's because of this year's windfall in tax breaks and they didn't want to be tied into higher salaries.

I have to agree with RTC on this point. The big companies are holding on to all of the tax breaks they're getting and it is killing the private sector. I work for a venture capital company and their big word is EBIDTA. The only way they know how to make money is to have more layoffs. No salaries, no benefits and guess what. EBIDTA goes up. EBIDTA is a curse word as far as I'm concerned.
So trickle down economics does not work huh who knew

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT