ADVERTISEMENT

Well there goes public education in America

sammyk

Oct 26, 2001
poof and just like that a billionaire who has zero qualifications can get a position on something she knows little about. So glad i blocked NJ so I do not have to listen to his douchery

Last edited:
Well you know the Republicans are coming after unions….and who knows, maybe someone without conventional credentials can do better than her predecessors who did little with them.

So glad i blocked NJ so I do not have to listen to his douchery

It's a great feature. I think most of the board has blocked ChristieFan.

About DeVos, that just shows the Republicans don't represent the people. They're going to destroy the public school and healthcare systems so many in middle America rely on, whether they realize it or not.

Yes, that's the goal. You nailed it.

Why not just do the same old shit since it's working so well?

It's a great feature. I think most of the board has blocked ChristieFan.

About DeVos, that just shows the Republicans don't represent the people. They're going to destroy the public school and healthcare systems so many in middle America rely on, whether they realize it or not.

And the public schools are doing so well because...........?????????

Well you know the Republicans are coming after unions….and who knows, maybe someone without conventional credentials can do better than her predecessors who did little with them.
PFP the majority of the public schools are doing well I can name a ton in PA alone that are doing a great job. Charter schools have advantages I guess but are not out doing public school by any means there are some examples of Private or Charter schools doing well but there are also examples of them doing not so well. When you have for profit education and create a system that does not have the same standards you create a system that will struggle to work. Now on to the teachers Union thing. I would say that more than half of the states in the US do not have a teachers union, North Carolina does not have a union, we are a right to work state which means a right to earl less, teaches start at $35,000 max pay is $51,000 after 30 years here in NC . If you look at the states in the Southeast all right to work states all have huge teacher shortages, which means you have non certified personnel teaching the students which leads to poor education output. In PA , OH, MD you have Unions and do not have a shortage, teachers must attain their masters degree to work in those states, you have continuity which leads to a better teaching product. Be careful what you wish for be

Last edited:
PFP the majority of the public schools are doing well I can name a ton in PA alone that are doing a great job. Charter schools have advantages I guess but are not out doing public school by any means there are some examples of Private or Charter schools doing well but there are also examples of them doing not so well. When you have for profit education and create a system that does not have the same standards you create a system that will struggle to work. Now on to the teachers Union thing. I would say that more than half of the states in the US do not have a teachers union, North Carolina does not have a union, we are a right to work state which means a right to earl less, teaches max pay is $51,000 after 30 years. If you look at the states in the Southeast all right to work states all have huge teacher shortages, which means you have non certified personnel teaching the students which leads to poor education output. In PA , OH, MD you have Unions and do not have a shortage, teachers must attain their masters degree to work in those states, you have continuity which leads to a better teaching product. Be careful what you wish for be

Sammy, this is where we agree to disagree. The inner city schools are a mess. Philly, New York, Chicago, LA you name it. My sister-in-law does charitable work for the school system in Philly and she says the children stand "No Chance". She says a lot has to do with home life but that there are a huge gaps in the Public school system itself from the unions to the waste and corruption. IMHO teachers, doctors and police should be the highest paid people in the nation but I'm not going to pay all of them the same. If you do a good job you get paid more. What's wrong with that?

The one thing you mentioned was Home Life, there is 80% of the problems with inner city schools. I teach at an at risk school in Winston Salem (inner city school), and the gaps you talk about are the lack of parental involvement followed by resources. In the inner city you will not have a strong PTA, Booster club, Clubs because the parents are nowhere to be seen which causes teachers to fill in the gap with not only supplies but being a parent. . Now go 8 miles west of my school you have a PTA that has thousands and thousands of dollars to spend and athletic boosters who has $60,000 at their disposal. So charter schools and vouchers takes money away from schools who need it the most, the poor inner city schools. And doing a good job what does that mean?? Does that mean Taking a kid from the inner city and making their test scores the same as a kid in the Burbs?? Does it mean making sure the kid has enough to eat so he/she can concentrate in your class?? Does that mean buying supplies for your class so you can teach?? Does that mean buying a coat for your students so they have something to wear in the winter??? I have done all of these as has many of the teachers/coaches I have worked with so is that a good job or no?? Sorry for the long response

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT