ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5 Rough Playoff Point Standing/ Predictions/Random thoughts

District1Supporter

Sep 21, 2015
1. DTW 5-0 Beat a solid coatesville team. Heres hoping them and DTE are both undefeated come playoff time. They will be shannahan by 30
2. DTE 5-0 West Chester Henderson
3. PV- 5-0 beat Methacton 82-0...........
4. QTOWN 5-0 Going into this year this weeks game vs Truman may have been for the league title. Truman has been hit hard by the injury bug.
5. PW 5-0 On a crash course with Upper Dublin
6. UD 5-0 See PW
7. Pennsbury 4-1
8. Springford 5-0 Paper Tiger..............that's all Ill say
9. Coatesville. 4-1 Will lose one more along the way
10. Garnet 4-1 Plays haverford this week whose schedule reads like a whos who of misfits
11. Haverford 4-1 Will fall fast
12. Upper Darby 4-1
13. Cr North 3-2 The fighting Brandon's will go as far as this special QB will carry them. What a player!!!!
14. Pennridge 3-2 Went into heartbreak Pennridge and tore Neshaminys out!!! Plays Abington on a short week.......mercy rule
15. North Penn 3-2 Same story every year..............1-3, 0-3.........own the conference and get a favorable draw in the playoffs.
16. Cr South 3-2 Will be at 8-2 or 7-3 and slip into the playoffs
16a Neshaminy 3-2 With games vs Npenn and Pennsbury looming playoff chances are looking slim

1v16 DTW vs Cr South DTW
2V15 DTE vs Npenn Npenn stays onsides and gets the revenge win
3v14 PV vs Pennridge PVs high flying no huddle gets grounded and pounded by the Rams from the ridge
4v13 QTOWN vs CR North North Wins the rematch, Maclwain scores in OT!
5V12 PW vs UPPER Darby PW ROLLS
6V11 UD Vs Haverford UD Rolls American conference wins two first round games!
7v10 PENNSBURY V Garnet Garnet!!
8v9 Springford vs Coatesville.................Springford exposed............Coatesville

In my bracket we reseed because thats what makes sense!!
1 DTW VS 15 NPENN---------NPENN IN OT
5 PW vs 14 Pennridge ----------------Pennidge Big, size mismatch too great
6 UD vs 13 Cr North -----------------Upper Dublin..........too many weapons, Stover out performs the north kid
9 Coatesville vs Garnet-----------------Garnet

6 UD vs 15 Npenn UD wins in triple overtime.....
9 Garnet vs 14 Pennridge Garnets option too much

UD vs Garnet UD

UD Loses to District 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12 Allstar Team

Last edited:
Reactions: lilromeo
1. DTW 5-0 Beat a solid coatesville team. Heres hoping them and DTE are both undefeated come playoff time. They will be shannahan by 30
2. DTE 5-0 West Chester Henderson
3. PV- 5-0 beat Methacton 82-0...........
4. QTOWN 5-0 Going into this year this weeks game vs Truman may have been for the league title. Truman has been hit hard by the injury bug.
5. PW 5-0 On a crash course with Upper Dublin
6. UD 5-0 See PW
7. Pennsbury 4-1
8. Springford 5-0 Paper Tiger..............that's all Ill say
9. Coatesville. 4-1 Will lose one more along the way
10. Garnet 4-1 Plays haverford this week whose schedule reads like a whos who of misfits
11. Haverford 4-1 Will fall fast
12. Upper Darby 4-1
13. Cr North 3-2 The fighting Brandon's will go as far as this special QB will carry them. What a player!!!!
14. Pennridge 3-2 Went into heartbreak Pennridge and tore Neshaminys out!!! Plays Abington on a short week.......mercy rule
15. North Penn 3-2 Same story every year..............1-3, 0-3.........own the conference and get a favorable draw in the playoffs.
16. Cr South 3-2 Will be at 8-2 or 7-3 and slip into the playoffs
16a Neshaminy 3-2 With games vs Npenn and Neshaminy looming playoff chances are looking slim

1v16 DTW vs Cr South DTW
2V15 DTE vs Npenn Npenn stays onsides and gets the revenge win
3v14 PV vs Pennridge PVs high flying no huddle gets grounded and pounded by the Rams from the ridge
4v13 QTOWN vs CR North North Wins the rematch, Maclwain scores in OT!
5V12 PW vs UPPER Darby PW ROLLS
6V11 UD Vs Haverford UD Rolls American conference wins two first round games!
7v10 PENNSBURY V Garnet Garnet!!
8v9 Springford vs Coatesville.................Springford exposed............Coatesville

In my bracket we reseed because thats what makes sense!!
1 DTW VS 15 NPENN---------NPENN IN OT
5 PW vs 14 Pennridge ----------------Pennidge Big, size mismatch too great
6 UD vs 13 Cr North -----------------Upper Dublin..........too many weapons, Stover out performs the north kid
9 Coatesville vs Garnet-----------------Garnet

6 UD vs 15 Npenn UD wins in triple overtime.....
9 Garnet vs 14 Pennridge Garnets option too much

UD vs Garnet UD

UD Loses to District 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12 Allstar Team
Really like what you put together ,with the exception of the last UD Loses to All Star team. If UD gets to the east final I think they have a shot. Personally I don't like some of the people particularly in D-1 complaining about LaSalle,Prep,Wood and Imhotep . I know ,I know they recruit Just how many kids are actually recruited and what does that really mean? . I do know that not a great deal is made of this about PCC,Erie Cathedral and McDevitt out West. I followed CB West to many of their games during the Pettine regime and West never complained about Bethlehem Catholic or Erie cathedral prep. They simply went out and played great . That's what I hope happens win or lose if UD makes a championship run.

At the AAA level their are a few games to be played on Monday that will add some bonus points, I'll update later in the week.

As of now...I have the following.

IN
T1) Academy Park (5-0) 600 Points
T1) Marple Newtown (5-0) 600 Points
3) Great Valley (5-0) 560 Points
4) Pottstown (4-1) 510 Points
5) Upper Moreland (4-1) 500 Points
6) Bishop Shanahan (3-2) 440 Points
7) Radnor (3-2) 420 Points
8) Pottsgrove (3-2) 410 Points

Outside Looking In
9) Interboro (4-1) 400 Points
10) Chichester (3-1) 330 Points (9 game schedule) 36.67 average per game
11) Springfield (2-3) 340 Points

Random thoughts
- AP controls destiny entering Del Val play
- MN expected to start 5-0; next three, @ Springfield, vs. Conestoga, @ Garnet Valley
- GV next two will see what they have @ Rustin, vs Unionville. End with 2/3 cupcakes
- Pottstown on paper have to be favorite to win 3 out of last 5.
- Upper Moreland looks like they take 3 out of last 5.
- Bishop Shanahan has DTE, DTW & Coatesville to finish the season.
- Radnor look to be favored in 3 out of last 5 as well.
- Pottsgrove big one with Spring-Ford this week then 4 they should definitely have.
- Interboro Del-Val schedule ends with AP.
- Chichester falls off the map
- Springfield big one this week vs Marple.

Cheers,

Busch

Agree with most of District 1 supporters teams making playoffs but you have 3 Central Teams. They'll probably get 2 in AAAA but drop Haverford or Upper Darby and insert Unionville. Unionville will win 4 of the last 5 (I think they'll beat Great Valley) and end up at 8-2 gaining one of the last playoff spots. Rustin will probably finish 7-3 and would probably trump another Central team as they play more AAAA schools.

I'm not sure both Council Rocks will make the playoffs. One will have at least 3 losses.

Shanahan has DWest, Cville and DTown East but also has Oxford and Avon Grove. They'll finish 5-5 and may sneak in as an 8th seed in AAA. It won't surprise me if they knock of one of the big 3 and finish at 6-4.

CB-East will be in the mix also. They will be 7-2 heading into week #10 against Quakertown. East beat the Panthers last year. Another game to keep an eye on that week will be CRN-CRS. North should be 6-3 and South will either be 7-2 or 6-3. Could be a winner in, loser out scenario.

That's a brutal schedule for Shanahan. I hope they get in.

lilromeo, before the PCL joined the PIAA, the major whining on this board and other places was the enrollment differences in the large school division. For years we heard the smaller 4A schools could never compete with the likes of North Penn and Neshaminy. We never hear a peep about that any more. My how times have changed.

I guess you could say Pettine never complained about BeCaHi, but he did refer to them as a Lehigh Valley All-Star Team in "The Last Game". His comments about Cathedral Prep were pretty funny. Go to the 1:10 mark. I never get tired of watching this documentary.

Great Film on SEPA Football!!

Just fantastic to watch them for those years!!

Seriously? So you think Shanahan has a shot at Coatesville then because they have no chance to beat either DTown. They will be blown out by both DTOWNS. Costin will have to have a monster game but he is capable.

Seriously? So you think Shanahan has a shot at Coatesville then because they have no chance to beat either DTown. They will be blown out by both DTOWNS. Costin will have to have a monster game but he is capable.
No Coatesville will roll them.............

Really like what you put together ,with the exception of the last UD Loses to All Star team. If UD gets to the east final I think they have a shot. Personally I don't like some of the people particularly in D-1 complaining about LaSalle,Prep,Wood and Imhotep . I know ,I know they recruit Just how many kids are actually recruited and what does that really mean? . I do know that not a great deal is made of this about PCC,Erie Cathedral and McDevitt out West. I followed CB West to many of their games during the Pettine regime and West never complained about Bethlehem Catholic or Erie cathedral prep. They simply went out and played great . That's what I hope happens win or lose if UD makes a championship run.

Amen lilromeo, you don't hear guys whining about private schools in 3, 7 and10 like you do here but really, it's only a few. Don't get me wrong, we didn't like McDevitt but no more than the perceived rich kids at Hershey, Camp Hill or Cedar Cliff. All we cared about was the game.

Reactions: lilromeo
Just an FYI-both Downingtowns can't be undefeated going into the playoffs as they play each other in Week 10. I think they will both be undefeated going into that game & it will decide the top seed in D1. Wouldn't be surprised to see a "Battle of the Brandywine-Part 2" in the D1 Final. Both teams are that good this year.

Unforutnately, the loser of the battle of brandwyine I game would most likely fall to #4 or # 5 seed, making the rematch inthe semis, not the finals.

yes they would. its a 32 team bracket with no reseeding. So they would have to be on opposite sides of the bracket to meet in the finals.

Reactions: Zipline33
Good chance there will be 4 undefeated teams. DTW-DTE winner, PV-SF winner, Quakertown and Upper Dublin.

Is it unfathomable to have a one loss team have more points than an undefeated?

Every year we see teams with more losses ahead of teams with fewer losses. Perfect example are the Central League schools. With so may 3A teams in the league, the 4A schools are losing points.

North Penn gets very little out of playing 2A West Catholic. If WC only wins 5 games, that's equivalent to beating a 1-win 4A school in terms of points. In NP's defense, very few schools in D1 will put them on their schedule. Not easy for the Knights finding games.

Reactions: Zipline33
I've seen all of the teams on the list on film or live and most of them multiple times. North Penn is by far the best and yes I include DTE even though they lost to them. Npenn will win the district. Mark it down. That DTW DTE is game is gonna be a classic at the end of the year.

I have seen all the teams you are discussing and I disagree. North Penn has the best back but not the best team.

I guess the NP prediction makes for good discussion but I finally got around to watching the video of the Deast NP game and Deast pushed NP around pretty easily. Don't see how results would change. I got the the impression you didn't think the cville dwest game was going to be competitive, you might need to go back over the tapes of the Chesmont teams;)

I saw DTW vs Neshaminy.I like their QB, keep in mind Neshaminy was handled by Pennridge.......will get handled by Npenn. It's a very average Neshaminy. DTE........won. You are right but pushing someone around the field is 42-0 not 28-24 and actually Npenn should have won the game but the winning TD was called back. Npenn beats DTE in a rematch. Beck is 100 times the coach Matta is. But hey that's why they play the games. I would agree I think the Chestmont may have passed the SOL in terms of dominance overall. But Npenn is still the favorite to win the district in my eyes. They will put up 30 points a game the rest of the way in the National.

Relayer, its funny because WC is a 4a school in reality. They are a city wide all star team. So them as a 2a is laughable but...............they do screw Npenn with the points a little. Npenn will get a bunch of points from their two losses as well. Should be very interesting

Agree with most of District 1 supporters teams making playoffs but you have 3 Central Teams. They'll probably get 2 in AAAA but drop Haverford or Upper Darby and insert Unionville. Unionville will win 4 of the last 5 (I think they'll beat Great Valley) and end up at 8-2 gaining one of the last playoff spots. Rustin will probably finish 7-3 and would probably trump another Central team as they play more AAAA schools.

I'm not sure both Council Rocks will make the playoffs. One will have at least 3 losses.

Shanahan has DWest, Cville and DTown East but also has Oxford and Avon Grove. They'll finish 5-5 and may sneak in as an 8th seed in AAA. It won't surprise me if they knock of one of the big 3 and finish at 6-4.

3 LOSSES doesnt put you out especially if you compete in a 4 a league. A 7-3 Springford or PV may not get in.

Look I'm not going to say Beck isn't a good coach. He is but they don't have the horses they usually have. DTE spotted NPenn 14 points. They also pushed NPenns defense all over the field. The reason St.Joes Prep and LaSalle beat Beck every year is because they sit in a cover 3. Upper Dublin and DWest will totally take advantage of that. You know better than to judge a team off of "I saw them beat them so they must be better than." Doesn't work that way. Not sure if Upper Dublin defense can stop West or if DWest defense can but they take him off of offense to rest him. If he plays or gets 10 more touches against DTE than we are not even having this conversation because they win that game.

I agree, skill wise Npenn has a ton of players. They are weak upfront. But I have seen Matta coach before and get totally outcoached by teams with lesser talent.

But your statement wasn't can North Penn beat DTE if they play again. Your saying North Penn is your favorite to win D1 and my counter point is I don't know how you can say that. Not 100% positive NPenn beats Pennsbury. With that many loses they will play Upper Dublin and DWest right off the bat. Heck with the way Henderson pushed them around last year they maybe in a dogfight if they go up against Garnet Valley or Perk Valley

3 LOSSES doesnt put you out especially if you compete in a 4 a league. A 7-3 Springford or PV may not get in.

Lots to be determined. A few years ago Souderton got in with a 5-5 record. This is why I enjoy D1 football. Every game is important during the regular season, unlike D12 where everyone makes the playoffs.

Don't forget about Upper Dublin-they play in a weak league but they return almost everyone from a D1 Semi-Final team a year ago. Their QB is dangerous and they have good backs with an experienced D and aggressive style that will give NP, DTE, & DTW fits. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't the last team standing when its all said and done.

I believe I mentioned them several times in my post? I could totally see them winning it.

Quoting D1Supporter; "I've seen all of the teams on the list on film or live and most of them multiple times"....(well, not multiple times for me), the major players in the East, District-3 and still don't have a clue. But there is definitely a lot of parity this year; some dazzlers but all of them can be beat. Nothing like last year's Prep and Wood teams.

It's a shaky proposition at this early date with a WHOLE bunch of football left (injuries?) but I like the coaching, last year's playoff experience and veteran team at Upper Dublin who showed what they could do in last year's run to the semi. Tough, tough underrated Qb/team. Nice speed.
Them or Downingtown West, especially seeing the way they beat Coatesville, their overall experience and how Mattioni is developing.

The wild card, seeding-matchups.

Coatesville maybe a paper tiger. Both DTE are legitimate threats to win the district.

I wanted to be more objective (took my imaginary helmet off) in saying that dependent on injuries, bad bounces/calls, several teams have an opp to win the district. I don't think any team in the district is a clear and obvious pick.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT