ADVERTISEMENT

Upper Dublin will forfeit their 5A semi-final against Cathedral Prep

An email went out last night to the P-R community that even though P-R is going full virtual, the football team will be allowed to keep playing if they keep winning. I doubt that means if a kid gets sick they will be able to play, but in other cases it looks like they will.

Also, in the TV copy I noticed only about 40 kids on P-R's sideline. They must have really cut down the team to minimize risk.

Just throwing it out there-What if UD offered to host the game in lieu of the long bus ride out west? First, Would the PIAA allow it? Second, Would Erie do it? I think it would have been something to consider if, in fact, the long bus trip was the primary reason for canceling.

@ Speed...was thinking something along the same lines.
Why can't the PIAA show a little bit of common sense? I know...because they're the PIAA and history has shown they have no idea what common sense is.
Upper Dublin is playing a team from Erie.
Governor Mifflin is playing a team from north of Pittsburgh.
Think about that for a second. If travel, and the close proximity of people that comes with it, is the concern just reschedule the games so each team plays the nearest possible opponent. The travel then becomes nothing more than a typical road game for all four teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT