ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers

Jalen Reynolds at Mcdevitt
Nice to see that one of the kids athletes that go right by McDeviit to attend Wood has decided to stay closer to home. McDevitt sure needed a RB this year to maybe give West Catholic a game for a change.

I heard that news but also heard there's a sticky situation with that. Waiting to hear more. Some say he may have to sit a year.
A kid in jersey for baseball did it and had to sit and he is a high baseball prospect so if that's the situation he should just go to img at this point

A kid in jersey for baseball did it and had to sit and he is a high baseball prospect so if that's the situation he should just go to img at this point

That kid actually attended IMG for an entire year and played down there. Young hasn't done that. Not sure how it could be the same.

That kid actually attended IMG for an entire year and played down there. Young hasn't done that. Not sure how it could be the same.
I was told as of last week the president of wood will no longer accept senior transfers and devlin might leave as well

What was explained to me was that he went down for 2 wks and practiced. The team was allowed to go home for a few wks and he chose not to return. A person from IMG's explained to him once he practiced he was ineligible to play for another team this year.

What was explained to me was that he went down for 2 wks and practiced. The team was allowed to go home for a few wks and he chose not to return. A person from IMG's explained to him once he practiced he was ineligible to play for another team this year.

Says who? The PIAA?

Remember aside from the baseball player in Jersey being a totally different situation. NJ also has different transfer rules than PA.

no knowledge of this particular situation but if the transfer is for 'athletic' reasons you'd be ineligible for one year from the date you transferred. The question in this case is 1.) does this really count as a transfer? and 2.) can it be proven it was for athletic reasons? Knowing the history of the PIAA, I expect the young man to be on the field for Imhotep with no problems.

**edit: if they already practiced in equipment he could run into an issue under 'out of season participation'... for engaging in physical contact outside of the piaa season.. but i still would be surprised if he's ruled ineligible

no knowledge of this particular situation but if the transfer is for 'athletic' reasons you'd be ineligible for one year from the date you transferred. The question in this case is 1.) does this really count as a transfer? and 2.) can it be proven it was for athletic reasons? Knowing the history of the PIAA, I expect the young man to be on the field for Imhotep with no problems.

**edit: if they already practiced in equipment he could run into an issue under 'out of season participation'... for engaging in physical contact outside of the piaa season.. but i still would be surprised if he's ruled ineligible
I thought once transfer request was sent and approved that he won't be able to play and also if the charter school is a lottery pick school how can he just go back when kids are denied entry

Isheem Young did not attend a class at IMG nor did he practice in full pads. Therefore, what would constitute him being ineligible under PIAA? It's no different from going to an overnight athletic camp or a Nike Opening opportunity. From what I'm told he never withdrew from Imhotep during this brief visit at IMG. Had that occurred the school itself would have to decline or accept him. He should be fine despite the misinformation that gets spread.

yes again i have no knowledge of this individual case i was just speaking to the possibilities that could cause you to be ineligible.. and piaa almost always rules on the side of the kid anyway.. not sure how a kid could be considered a transfer considering he didn't even miss one day when administrative offices are open let alone a school day...

Reactions: OwlRB09
On the Eli G. issue, I'm not sure what the hardship would be to be granted a 5th year based on the PIAAs rules. From what I know, his freshman year (non-varsity) would have to be viewed and determined. If the PIAA investigates that area of his HS career and any bodily injuries that caused him to miss a majority of his high school career, that may give him a leg to stand on (no pun). He's not the first and won't be the last if granted a 5th year. There are kids being held back in middle school for the sake of going into their high school years developed more so for that age/grade level. I don't think this is Eli's case but it's something that is happening.

On the Eli G. issue, I'm not sure what the hardship would be to be granted a 5th year based on the PIAAs rules. From what I know, his freshman year (non-varsity) would have to be viewed and determined. If the PIAA investigates that area of his HS career and any bodily injuries that caused him to miss a majority of his high school career, that may give him a leg to stand on (no pun). He's not the first and won't be the last if granted a 5th year. There are kids being held back in middle school for the sake of going into their high school years developed more so for that age/grade level. I don't think this is Eli's case but it's something that is happening.
The Eli Godfrey issue everyone keeps bringing up is 5th year bull crap the only concern is if he turns 19 before football season is over then he can't play I do know that

Transfers the Lehigh Valley I've found scanning rosters and listening to scuttlebutt. I'll add as more teams release rosters in the next few weeks.

Jahan Dotson (Jr. WR/DB 6'0 175) - Nazareth to Peddie School
Dotson, the best wide receiver from the Valley this century, is moving on to prep school in New Jersey after earning All State honors as a sophomore for the Blue Eagles. He's a once in a generation talent and Valley football fans will miss watching him play.

Matt Bisko (Jr. WR/LB 5'11 215) - Emmaus to Bethlehem Catholic
Bisko has started for the Green Hornets since his freshman season. Should be a two-way starter for the Golden Hawks and an impact guy.

Dashaun Peterson(Sr. RB/LB 5'11 185) - Trenton to Freedom
Peterson rushed for over 600 yards and 8 TDs and averaged more than 7 yards per carry competing for Trenton last fall. He should be one of the best running backs in the EPC.

Leroy Litus (Sr. LB 6'3 240) - Pocono Mountain East to Bethlehem Catholic
Litus made 70 tackles and recorded 8 sacks last year for PME. A huge, run stuffing middle linebacker will be a nice fit in the Becahi defense.

Tavion Banks (Fr. RB/DB 5'8 170) - Easton to Bethlehem Catholic
Banks scored 20 touchdowns as an 8th grader last season playing freshman football for Easton. With Antwon Keenan gone, a lot of carries are available in the Becahi backfield and he'll compete get some of them. Could also be a factor in the return game. He's going to be a state title contender as a wrestler during his career (3x D11 junior high champ) and this may be more of a wrestling transfer (though why an athletic middle weight wouldn't want to wrestle for Jamarr Billman I have no idea).

Ayyub Dail (Jr. OT/DT 6'2 265) -Staying at Easton
Not a transfer, but Dail apparently made a formal announcement earlier this month that he was staying at Easton rather than transfer to Becahi. He was on the two-deep on the OL as a sophomore and saw snaps at defensive tackle last year for Easton. I know he was pulled in both directions and has the potential to be an impact guy on defense in 2016, but for now is staying with his home school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT