ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers

Heard his cousin, Noah Spence, is helping family move to improve their situation, etc. It's a non "football" move.

The Spence family does a lot of foster work in the Harrisburg area. I have a colleague who used to work closely with them and thinks they do fabulous work in the area.

I spoke to Noah's father back when Noah was a sophomore. I didn't realize he was an all public player in Philly back in the day. He was an energetic person who believed in working to help others who weren't as fortunate.

Reactions: lilromeo
Any truth to the rumor that two brothers and a cousin from Coatesville transferred to Downingtown East? If true how would this be possible since they still live in Coatesville district?

Someone had told me that the Stockers were at a Downingtown East 7 on 7 and participated. I thought it was odd because the family has been very prominent in Coatesville for years. Maybe Chestmont would know more but if you do not have a residence in Downingtown how can you participate in summer athletic activities? If they still have a residence in Coatesville this would be a violation I would think. Although I do remember 2 or 3 years back Downingtown East's qb lived in Owen J Roberts school district but had an apartment address that they used in Downingtown. Maybe this apartment has "some new tenants". Seems sketchy to me BTM. You maybe on to something here if the residence is still being occupied by the Stocker family in Coatesville.

Someone had told me that the Stockers were at a Downingtown East 7 on 7 and participated. I thought it was odd because the family has been very prominent in Coatesville for years. Maybe Chestmont would know more but if you do not have a residence in Downingtown how can you participate in summer athletic activities? If they still have a residence in Coatesville this would be a violation I would think. Although I do remember 2 or 3 years back Downingtown East's qb lived in Owen J Roberts school district but had an apartment address that they used in Downingtown. Maybe this apartment has "some new tenants". Seems sketchy to me BTM. You maybe on to something here if the residence is still being occupied by the Stocker family in Coatesville.
You must be referring to the Youngs. Jordan Young was Coatesviles QB and has two younger brothers Aaron and Avery who are going into 10th and 11th grades. I didn't hear this development but doesn't surprise me as I ran into the Dad Anthony a few times during last season. Remember the parents are divorced and I'm guessing the Mom (I know who she is but never spoke to her) lives in Chester County. Will reach out to confirm w buddies w kids on DEast. The only school that gets a bunch of crap is Shanahan but schools out here haven't contested anyone that I remember.

Can't be the Young's as dad is on the coaching staff. The name I heard was Stockers. Can anyone confirm?

Gratz, penn wood, Ben Franklin, northeast, overbrook, upper merion, King. Kids played really well. Esky didn't even play and we had a bunch kids playing their first ever 7on7 so we were pleasantly surprised.

I've been on this board this since 1999. In all the years before the PCL joined the PIAA, I never recall one thread on "transfers" being mentioned here. You guys can draw your own conclusions, but the landscape around here is nothing like the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: yesman3
I've been on this board this since 1999. In all the years before the PCL joined the PIAA, I never recall one thread on "transfers" being mentioned here. You guys can draw your own conclusions, but the landscape around here is nothing like the past.
Agreed Relayer. I've been coaching since '84 and I've never seen anything like this. Bizarro World!

Eli Godfrey
Freshman year- Roman Catholic
Soph year- Roman Catholic
Soph year #2-HS
Junior year-HS
Senior year- Father Judge?

That's 5 years of HS. Someone fill me in on how this works??

Eli Godfrey
Freshman year- Roman Catholic
Soph year- Roman Catholic
Soph year #2-HS
Junior year-HS
Senior year- Father Judge?

That's 5 years of HS. Someone fill me in on how this works??

He should have to appeal with D12 to be granted a 5th year and declare some sort of hardship. I don't know his situation, so who's to say that's an option. But it's absolutely his 5th year in HS.

I was always under the assumption that he repeated year at HS because IA's can do that. Maybe, there was more to it. Not sure.

Relayer,
All starts from the top..

Lack of leadership and institutional control from D12 chairman over the years, allowing this behavior to permeate and thrive. Most PCL coaches honorable and schools honor their own set protocols for legit transfers, for the handful (we know where they reside!) who have a total disregard, i.e. Senior transfer mercenaries and the art of poaching of which 16th century rouges would cringe!!

PCL coaches look the other way and refuse to "legitimately" police themselves, and the D12 chairmen refuse to reel in the habitual offenders. Resultant... Do what you want..
I can't even get into the "Imhotep Experiment" w/o wasting half the day!

The opposing argument is...... We're not breaking any school or district rules, just taking advantage of the latitudes afforded us. The student-athlete and family have the right to shop around and attend any open-border school that wants us regardless of geography and class year.

Bottom line.... public vs. open-border argument will continue

Yours truly,
Anderson/Wakeman/Rabin et al

Last edited:
Reactions: Relayer
This helps, but don't help the team. They'll be in the same spot or worst this upcoming season. Played 2 yrs in PCL left for the Inter-AC (where he had success) to come back to an even tougher PCL 6A division? Don't make sense.

Reactions: CYOBALL1
My understanding is the 5th eligiblity rule is a PIAA issue, not a district issue. So he would need PIAA approval-nit District 12 approval( unless the procedure has changed). If he can prove a hardship then he can be granted a 5th year. The hardship cannot be solely academics. In other words he cant fail all of his classes in 10th grade which leads him to repeat 10 th grade and try and get an extra year that way.

The PIAA also has an age restriction rule as well and many 5th years seniors fun afoul of that rule too considering the extra year often puts them over the age limit.

Reactions: C-Pride
The Rb from Bartram transfers to penn wood he was only a sophomore and was pretty good I think his name is gleplay

Reactions: C-Pride
speed, it goes to D12 first. If they decline him, then he can appeal to PIAA at state level.

The Rb from Bartram transfers to penn wood he was only a sophomore and was pretty good I think his name is gleplay

Correct.

Also, arguably Bonner's best underclassman player last year, Jordan Mosely, is now at Haverford High.

Add in the WC kid Miller to Ridley.

Good to see the suburban publics getting in on this. I'll see if I can dig up some more.

Reactions: CYOBALL1
What's the reasoning for the 5th year? I know a few kids who could benefit from the 5th year. Obviously he repeated a grade, but can you do so if you pass all your classes? Are you eligible to play by failing every class the prior year? That 5th year situation is tricky.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT