ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 (regardless of classification)....Week 12

not_a_fan

May 7, 2011
The teams left playing are getting less and less as we head towards Thanksgiving week when State Quarterfinals begin....big matchups out west this week with Aliquippa taking on McKeesport in WPIAL 4A Semi-Final, Pine-Richland vs USC in WPIAL 5A Final. Back East we will have Roman Catholic taking on Imhotep in D12 5A Championship.

Updated rankings for Week 13…

1. St. Joe’s Prep 8-1 (12)
2. Bishop McDevitt 8-1 (3)
3. Aliquippa 10-0 (7)
4. State College 11-0 (6)
5. Erie Cathedral Prep 8-2 (10)
6. Imhotep Charter 7-2 (12)
7. Garnet Valley 11-0 (1)
8. North Alleghany 10-1 (7)
9. Upper Dublin 11-0 (1)
10. Exeter Township 11-0 (3)

Honorable Mention (no order): Wyomissing (3), Central Valley (7), Strath Haven (1), Roman Catholic (12), Perkiomen Valley (1), Central York (3), Jersey Shore (4), Upper St. Clair (7), McKeesport (7)

Reactions: bucksftball
I hear you Stalk and maybe they're HM but I can't justify them being in the top 10 with their 2 losses (Manheim Twp and State College are no slouches but a loss is a loss). The other teams that I have in with 2 losses in my opinion are a little better than Harrisburg-Imhotep and ECP. I think head-to-head, I would take both of those teams over Harrisburg.

I guess we'll see how they fare against Central York this weekend. I know you're the guru of D3 so what do you think of this game? It looks like a matchup of a high powered offense (CY) vs. a talented defense (Hbg). FWIW, I think the Mid-Penn Commonwealth is the toughest conference in the state.....

I hear you Stalk and maybe they're HM but I can't justify them being in the top 10 with their 2 losses (Manheim Twp and State College are no slouches but a loss is a loss). The other teams that I have in with 2 losses in my opinion are a little better than Harrisburg-Imhotep and ECP. I think head-to-head, I would take both of those teams over Harrisburg.

I guess we'll see how they fare against Central York this weekend. I know you're the guru of D3 so what do you think of this game? It looks like a matchup of a high powered offense (CY) vs. a talented defense (Hbg). FWIW, I think the Mid-Penn Commonwealth is the toughest conference in the state.....
I'm sure our systems are different. I'd have a hard time rating ECP in a Pennsylvania Top 10 since they've only played 3 teams from Pennsylvania. Plus I give little weight to out of state teams for that reason; it's a rating of PA teams.
About Harrisburg; I think they're a superior team in a field of superior....not great....teams. So, on any given weekend........especially in District 3 where all the big boys play each other; Central York (York-Adams) playing Central Dauphin, Cumberland Valley, Hempfield. York playing Hempfield and Carlisle. Township (LL-League) playing Cumb Val and Harrisburg, etc, etc.

About Harrisburg;
** Harrisburg's loss to Man Twp was on the last play. Twp is no slouch with one of the best junior Qbs in the state. Hayden Johnson, 216/292, 74%, 25 Td to 6 Pick ratio.
** Harrisburg's 20-6 loss to State College was without their starting Qb, Shawn Lee. He's one of the top sophomore Qb in the area/state completing 114 of 162, 70% for 1453 yards with a 18/5 ratio, 376, 6 Tds rushing.

About their game with Central York. They also have a solid Qb in Nasir Still, 84/123/68%, 1348 yds, 18/5 ratio and are a explosive group with Juelz Goff at 1567ry and Parker Hines receiving.
Harrisburg is also explosive with multiple weapons that can be hard to keep track of. If you exclude the State College game (Qb out) they're scoring 38ppg. But winning on the road is a bear, and CY is a high-quality team (47-8 last 5), damned well coached with a pile of skill people and speed like Harrisburg. Harrisburg is more but it's a Pick em to me.

Reactions: paul from philly
I'm sure our systems are different. I'd have a hard time rating ECP in a Pennsylvania Top 10 since they've only played 3 teams from Pennsylvania. Plus I give little weight to out of state teams for that reason; it's a rating of PA teams.
About Harrisburg; I think they're a superior team in a field of superior....not great....teams. So, on any given weekend........especially in District 3 where all the big boys play each other; Central York (York-Adams) playing Central Dauphin, Cumberland Valley, Hempfield. York playing Hempfield and Carlisle. Township (LL-League) playing Cumb Val and Harrisburg, etc, etc.

About Harrisburg;
** Harrisburg's loss to Man Twp was on the last play. Twp is no slouch with one of the best junior Qbs in the state. Hayden Johnson, 216/292, 74%, 25 Td to 6 Pick ratio.
** Harrisburg's 20-6 loss to State College was without their starting Qb, Shawn Lee. He's one of the top sophomore Qb in the area/state completing 114 of 162, 70% for 1453 yards with a 18/5 ratio, 376, 6 Tds rushing.

About their game with Central York. They also have a solid Qb in Nasir Still, 84/123/68%, 1348 yds, 18/5 ratio and are a explosive group with Juelz Goff at 1567ry and Parker Hines receiving.
Harrisburg is also explosive with multiple weapons that can be hard to keep track of. If you exclude the State College game (Qb out) they're scoring 38ppg. But winning on the road is a bear, and CY is a high-quality team (47-8 last 5), damned well coached with a pile of skill people and speed like Harrisburg. Harrisburg is more but it's a Pick em to me.
Great stuff! I love your detailed write ups Stalk.

Reactions: Stalker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT