ADVERTISEMENT

The pathetic Ex-FBI Director Comey

Stalker

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2001
So whats everyone think after Comey’s implosion yesterday? This doofus actually headed the FBI? God help us.
Hopefully now the Democrats will stop embarassing themselves and help get this country moving again. We have a country to run!

So whats everyone think after Comey’s implosion yesterday? This doofus actually headed the FBI? God help us.
Hopefully now the Democrats will stop embarassing themselves and help get this country moving again. We have a country to run!
Every single Republican senator said quite positive things about Comey. I recall them calling him an honorable man, a good man, etc. No one questioned his honesty. Do you think they were saying one thing and thinking something entirely different? And it was interesting that no one challenged his claim that Trump lied in what he said about the FBI and Comey's leadership of it. As well, not one of them took him on about his assessment that Trump's character required Comey to take notes immediately after every meeting. Certainly there was no hint that any of them considered Comey a "doofus."

Trump cleared the room to be alone with Comey. What does common sense tell anyone about why he would do that?

Good points Tulla, at least on the surface, about Comey. However, I think some second-level thinking might be in order. Comey looks and speaks the part, so he is able to generate a lot of favorable opinions. But, before one uses those favorable opinions to support an argument in favor of him, one should consider that virtually all of these opinions come 1) from within the Washington establishment; and 2) in a public forum. Do you doubt that Comey is part of the Deep State?

Additionally, consider that Comey has been involved, in one way or another, in:
1) the 9/11 intelligence failures
2) the weapons of mass destruction controversy
3) spying on Americans
4) leaking of meeting notes in order to spur the appointment of a special prosecutor
5) the indecision and back-and-forth on the Hillary investigation and two major public statements, which were highly criticized by Republicans and Democrats, alternatively. Comey just couldn't stay away from controversy.

As far as yesterday's hearing:
1) basing a potential obstruction of justice case on "hope" is pretty much a reach and I suspect that's why even Snowflake and Paycut have wisely remained quiet after yesterday's testimony. Or maybe they were taken hostage by Gingy or chuvalo or the long lost Blowout Comb. Either way, I am disappointed that they didn't humor us. I just hope that Sammy is safe!
2) Trump wasn't under investigation; as Rubio asked, why wasn't this fact leaked? This ought to reveal something to those who care to think that deeply.
3) for Loretta Lynch to have ordered Comey to call the Hillary Clinton e-mail investigation a "matter" is telling. Again, why wasn't this leaked by Comey or been uncovered in an investigation by the media? Once again, that ought to reveal something; but you've got to want to get out from under the bias state of mind.
4) Comey loses major credibility by leaking. I guess he didn't have the smarts to realize that admitting this in such detail was going to damage his reputation. Again, telling.

With all that said, Trump could have easily handled things better, and needs to learn how to stay out of trouble. But, even if he learns to sidestep potholes, the media will continue to create artificial ones.

So, will the Dems give up from here? Of course not; they are clearly the "I'll take my ball home if I can't win" crowd. But if Trump can get 1) healthcare reform; 2) tax reform or at least a simply lowering of the rates; 3) infrastructure; 4) Dodd-Frank repeal or at least changing many of the more restrictive parts of the legislation, or at least tax reform and one of the other three items before 2017 is over, it's going to be hard to continue to trot out these stories and have a majority of the electorate believe them; although, there will always be some who will "buy-in."

Stalker do you think the investigation ended with Comey's testimony? You fall right in line don't you? You guys seemed to love Comey (the lifelong republican who's served 3 administrations) last July thru Nov.

You're taking Trump's word (who has been shown to lie under oath 30 times) over the former Director of the FBI? God help us.

So a mob boss clears the room and says "I hope you can see your way to letting this drop" and you think?

Of course ChristieFan lays out 4 points that GOP isn't working on. Nice work there chief.

Good points Tulla, at least on the surface, about Comey. However, I think some second-level thinking might be in order. Comey looks and speaks the part, so he is able to generate a lot of favorable opinions. But, before one uses those favorable opinions to support an argument in favor of him, one should consider that virtually all of these opinions come 1) from within the Washington establishment; and 2) in a public forum. Do you doubt that Comey is part of the Deep State?

Additionally, consider that Comey has been involved, in one way or another, in:
1) the 9/11 intelligence failures
2) the weapons of mass destruction controversy
3) spying on Americans
4) leaking of meeting notes in order to spur the appointment of a special prosecutor

5) the indecision and back-and-forth on the Hillary investigation and two major public statements, which were highly criticized by Republicans and Democrats, alternatively. Comey just couldn't stay away from controversy.

As far as yesterday's hearing:
1) basing a potential obstruction of justice case on "hope" is pretty much a reach and I suspect that's why even Snowflake and Paycut have wisely remained quiet after yesterday's testimony. Or maybe they were taken hostage by Gingy or chuvalo or the long lost Blowout Comb. Either way, I am disappointed that they didn't humor us. I just hope that Sammy is safe!
2) Trump wasn't under investigation; as Rubio asked, why wasn't this fact leaked? This ought to reveal something to those who care to think that deeply.
3) for Loretta Lynch to have ordered Comey to call the Hillary Clinton e-mail investigation a "matter" is telling. Again, why wasn't this leaked by Comey or been uncovered in an investigation by the media? Once again, that ought to reveal something; but you've got to want to get out from under the bias state of mind.
4) Comey loses major credibility by leaking. I guess he didn't have the smarts to realize that admitting this in such detail was going to damage his reputation. Again, telling.

With all that said, Trump could have easily handled things better, and needs to learn how to stay out of trouble. But, even if he learns to sidestep potholes, the media will continue to create artificial ones.

So, will the Dems give up from here? Of course not; they are clearly the "I'll take my ball home if I can't win" crowd. But if Trump can get 1) healthcare reform; 2) tax reform or at least a simply lowering of the rates; 3) infrastructure; 4) Dodd-Frank repeal or at least changing many of the more restrictive parts of the legislation, or at least tax reform and one of the other three items before 2017 is over, it's going to be hard to continue to trot out these stories and have a majority of the electorate believe them; although, there will always be some who will "buy-in."
Saying Comey was involved "in one way or another" in 9/11, the weapons of mass destruction controversy, etc is such a vague and sweeping statement as to have little or no meaning. Just how responsible was Comey for the 9/11 intelligence failures? If you're going to list him, you should list all those who were more responsible or equally responsible--if Comey was in fact in any way responsible.

Trump made certain claims and statements about Comey when he fired him and soon after. (Why in the world did he tell the Russians that Comey was "a showboat?" I'm not suggesting that is evidence of some collusion; it's just gratuitous and bombastic.) Comey wanted to get his own account out there so he gave a friend his unclassified notes. In any case it was Rosenstein, Trump's appointee, who decided to appoint Mueller.

I agree with you that Comey should not have gone along with Lynch's request to call the investigation a matter. About that and about not telling Trump directly that his "hope" that Comey would let the Flynn investigation go, Comey seemed to accept that he should have acted otherwise.

When it comes to deciding whether Comey or Trump is more truthful, can't we just look at the public record? Comey has made mistakes, e.g about the number of emails on Weiner's computer and acknowledged them. I would also say it was a huge mistake to announce the re-opening of the investigation into Clinton's emails days before the election. Comey must have known that would have an effect on the election. He has explained his decision. I don't agree with his thinking, but at least he laid it out and said others might disagree with his thinking. Trump lied for years about Obama's birth and then when he said he accepted Obama was born in the U.S. made the ludicrous claim that we should all be grateful to him for saying so. He treats the presidency like a game show: asked whether WH conversations are taped, he says he'll tell us "very soon." You couldn't make this up!

Reactions: Aragorn
Reluctant;
Don’t know about falling in line; I voted for the last 5 presidents to show a open mindedness to….oh well, never mind.

Look, the Dems and Left are bringing all the charges. And while we realize you have small regard for the American judicial system, we bring proof in this country before convicting. So yes, I believe Trump until you prove he lied about a chargeable offense. So, instead of getting all worked up over conjecture and pissed at me because your side lost….read about our way of life in this country to know at least the basics of our judicial system that the burden of proof lies with the person making the claim, and is not upon anyone else to disprove. The inability to disprove a claim does not render the claim valid. Your posts and others make it sound as if you don’t understand this. At least know how the system works before taking a side!

"So yes, I believe Trump until you prove he lied about a chargeable offense."

That might be the quote of the year. You're just concerned about lying about chargeable offense? How about lying about EVERYTHING else?

What might be the worse news to come of all of this is that Russia interfered with the US elections and at no point has Trump asked about it or asked how to fix it.

A few gems since President:

"The NSA and FBI tell Congress that Russia did not influence electoral process."

“We got 306 because people came out and voted like they’ve never seen before so that’s the way it goes. I guess it was the biggest Electoral College win since Ronald Reagan,”

“thousands” of people were bussed in from Massachusetts to vote in New Hampshire.

Trump told a group of US sheriffs that the murder rate in the US was the highest it's been in "45 to 47 years."

"All across Europe you've seen what happened in Paris and Nice," Trump said. "All over Europe it's happening. It's gotten to a point where it's not even being reported. And in many cases the very, very dishonest press doesn't want to report it."

My favorite: "I won't go golfing when I'm the President".
This is his 17th weekend golfing at a Trump property. There's only been 20 weekends since he was sworn in.

A few gems since President:

"The NSA and FBI tell Congress that Russia did not influence electoral process."

“We got 306 because people came out and voted like they’ve never seen before so that’s the way it goes. I guess it was the biggest Electoral College win since Ronald Reagan,”

“thousands” of people were bussed in from Massachusetts to vote in New Hampshire.

Trump told a group of US sheriffs that the murder rate in the US was the highest it's been in "45 to 47 years."

"All across Europe you've seen what happened in Paris and Nice," Trump said. "All over Europe it's happening. It's gotten to a point where it's not even being reported. And in many cases the very, very dishonest press doesn't want to report it."

My favorite: "I won't go golfing when I'm the President".
This is his 17th weekend golfing at a Trump property. There's only been 20 weekends since he was sworn in.

Come on Reluctant , if you’re going to quote, don’t misrepresent. The conversation (quote) was in context with the hearings….and you know that….not the diatribe you went into. Your few gems about Trump’s exaggerations and lies have nothing to do with the Comey hearing? As always, you go off topic.

If it comes down to who I believe Comey ot Trump it is Comey hell I would believe Putin before trump

I get it, he's unpopular in many circles, but still the prez. The Constitution will win out, despite some on this board feeling "due process" should be ignored, convicting via conjecture.

I get it, he's unpopular in many circles, but still the prez. The Constitution will win out, despite some on this board feeling "due process" should be ignored, convicting via conjecture.
Stalker, good job standing in against these two. But you have to realize that it's impossible to deal reasonably with the unbalanced.

Trump Lies like Crazy like where is the evidence of Obama wire tapping

Stalker you are correct, those quoted lies don't have anything to do with the Comey testimony, but it goes towards Trump's character. I often wonder if Trump fans realize he lies with just about everything that comes out of his mouth and are stubborn or if they don't realize it. As Sammy says it comes down to who you believe and honestly that's not even a valid question.

"I get it, he's unpopular in many circles, but still the prez. "

He really needs to start acting like it. Being tougher on Britain and Canada than he is on Russia. That's not being our President. It's almost one full year since we've been told my the intelligence communities that Russia interferred with out elections. From all accounts Trump has yet to voice any concern about the matter. But he asked Comey three times if HE was being investigated.

"I get it, he's unpopular in many circles, but still the prez. "

He really needs to start acting like it. Being tougher on Britain and Canada than he is on Russia. That's not being our President. It's almost one full year since we've been told my the intelligence communities that Russia interferred with out elections. From all accounts Trump has yet to voice any concern about the matter. But he asked Comey three times if HE was being investigated.
Perhaps a little bit of critical thinking on your part might have yielded the following question: Since there were so many leaks from Comey's investigation (now we know that he's a chronic leaker), doesn't it appear odd that one leak that didn't come out was that Trump was not under investigation?

This should tell you all you need to know about this being a story with no backbone and also about how the media chooses to report it. Alan Dershowitz recently said that this reminds him of the Stalin-era process of taking out enemies under the "find me a man and I will find you a crime" strategy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT