ADVERTISEMENT

Swift and Blackshear

lilromeo

Gold Member
Apr 14, 2014
Two of our local former All state RBs D Andre SwiftPrep][ at Georgia ,and Raheem Blackshear [Wood] at Rutgers are both getting a lot of positives as true freshman . I found it interesting that during the Georgia/Auburn game it was said that Auburn was most concerned about Swift than the other RBs and their QB because of his versatility.Another former Wood player Colin Thompson was just picked up by the Chicago Bears this week. Jake Cooper also from Wood got some decent playing time at MLB for Penn State against Rutgers .

Reactions: scs13
lil -

I heard that comment during Auburn Georgia game. Found it odd that he wasn't more involved. Swift has given them no choice but to play him. His first half season highlight video is ridiculous.

lil -

I heard that comment during Auburn Georgia game. Found it odd that he wasn't more involved. Swift has given them no choice but to play him. His first half season highlight video is ridiculous.
He is an incredible player. I watch Georgia whenever they are on just to watch Swift perform. One of the best for sure.

Given how Swift runs, do you think the Georgia coaches might be thinking that if they play him more as a freshman (when he's still got an 18-year-old body and the team has two very good senior running backs) they might be putting him at too much of a risk in relation to his future at Georgia after this year? It seems he never runs out of bounds when there's a chance of picking up a couple extra yards--even when he knows he's going to give and get a big hit.

Given how Swift runs, do you think the Georgia coaches might be thinking that if they play him more as a freshman (when he's still got an 18-year-old body and the team has two very good senior running backs) they might be putting him at too much of a risk in relation to his future at Georgia after this year? It seems he never runs out of bounds when there's a chance of picking up a couple extra yards--even when he knows he's going to give and get a big hit.
Tulla -

It's a fair question. RB by committe is not unusual but I think they preferred not to play him this year at all but he proved himself beyond expectations. He is most effective catching the ball and that can be the differentiator. Hope it works out for all the local guys.

They are catering to two pretty good and accomplished seniors. Swift will get his turn at extensive playing time next year. I expect big things. Arguably, the best player I've seen come out of Philly since I've been covering the sport.

Reactions: lilromeo
Tulla we know young guys like to run through things. Looks to me he wants to maximize every touch he gets, so he sure as heck ain't running out of bounds. We just saw a similar guy in Christian McCaffrey play the same spot and look where he is. I fully expect the same out of D'Andre.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT