ADVERTISEMENT

STATE FINAL PREDICTIONS

MC48

Gold Member
Jul 18, 2002
PREP Will lose by 28 score 49 to 21
WOOD will win by 14 score 35 to 21
IMHOTEP will win by 21 score 28 to 7

As said previously, thinking, 35-24 pcc. Saw prep/ LaSalle game, watched parkland play prep tough for a half. and of course picked np in this one , which was close to fruition . PCC has upwards of 11 d1 players, putting up 63 avg over last several games. Cut that in half and I'm going 35, hell np left 15 points on field with fumble and pick in or near red zone and settling for fg after missed PI on johns. If I'm pcc I'm trying to stuff box and contain swift and let McCray beat me. Don't know if that can happen . Will be fun to watch.

As said previously, thinking, 35-24 pcc. Saw prep/ LaSalle game, watched parkland play prep tough for a half. and of course picked np in this one , which was close to fruition . PCC has upwards of 11 d1 players, putting up 63 avg over last several games. Cut that in half and I'm going 35, hell np left 15 points on field with fumble and pick in or near red zone and settling for fg after missed PI on johns. If I'm pcc I'm trying to stuff box and contain swift and let McCray beat me. Don't know if that can happen . Will be fun to watch.
It looks like it'll be cold: about at the freezing point. I don't know how that will affect PCC but it'll mean SJP will need to make sure its snaps are clean. And if there's much of a breeze it'll make it harder to pass downfield, an important part of the Prep's offense. McCray did OK yesterday, including a few nice gains on the ground in key situations, but next week he'll need to pass more accurately and do a bit better at throwing it away when he's in danger of being sacked.

Not having seen PCC, except for a few cllips on the net, I can't offer a prediction. One thing I know is that SJP can play better than they played yesterday.

Reactions: Soup13
Go East teams - beat West!!
Prep by3 Wood by 8, Imhotep by 6. IMO , All 3 games will be highly competitive. Although PCC has been blowing out many teams,and have a considerable edge in D-1 athletes as previously mentioned, they haven't played anyone like the Prep since their game with St.Johns. From what I understand the one area PCC can be exploited is their secondary and if that's the case ,Swift will be in the slot and be all over the field. PCC will be blitzing Adams often so if McCray can stay on his feet and deliver ,Prep has a good chance of winning.Wood will be challenged by an athletic Hsbg. squad with Parsons as a stud on both offense and defense. The Tep/ECP game should be a real war, with ECP wanting revenge in a big way. I hope Isham Young is at his usual self and Boykin along with Wells score a bunch because ECP possess a dynamic offense with Mischler at QB. I also like the other 3 East squads to win, making an East sweep.

I'm aware of PCC's D1 and D2 talent, offers, commitments etc but am not knowledgeable when it comes to St Joe's on the table offers besides Swift's commitment to U Ga. What are some of the others ? Anyone know, just curious. I know they are loaded but only have seen 2 or 3.

FYI, PCC can also play a lot better. They had 15 penalties on Saturday which were big factors in Wilson's scores. Just hoping this game won't be a flag fest. it might turn out that way. I understand that St Joes is a highly penalized team as is PCC. Hoping that the district officials assigned to the game will let them play.

I'm aware of PCC's D1 and D2 talent, offers, commitments etc but am not knowledgeable when it comes to St Joe's on the table offers besides Swift's commitment to U Ga. What are some of the others ? Anyone know, just curious. I know they are loaded but only have seen 2 or 3.
Sometimes it's a bit murky what constitutes "an offer."

James Johnson (LB) will be going to and playing at Princeton, but I'm not sure they have actual athletic scholarships. Jackson Evans and Carter Lynch (both OL) have some offers from D1 schools and lots of expressions of interest. Taron Hampton (also OL) has an offer from Lafayette. Darryl Simmons (a junior WR) has a bunch of offers (including NC and WVA) already, while Terrance Greene (who's their #1 WR this year and a dangerous kick returner) has only one that I've heard of (Georgetown)--probably because of his size. I don't know about Richard Carr (DB), but I'd be surprised if he doesn't get several offers despite being short. He did a great job on Mark Webb from Wood who is going to Georgia. I'd be equally surprised if Chris Lowndes (DL) doesn't also get some offers though he's somewhat undersized for D1. Several underclassmen--in addition to Simmonds--should get offers, including McCray (QB), Bryce (DL), Wallace (DL), O'Connor (LB), and Talley (soph LB who won't play Sat. because of injury). I'm sure I'm forgetting at least a couple.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure that offers will be coming but Actually, I'm interested in confirmed offers. PCC's offers mentioned are confirmed like the 5 O linemen, Penn State, N D , Yale, Yale and Fordham. There are many others with current offers.

Obviously, this won't mean much come game time but I try to understand as much as possible as to what my team is up against. I realize that this St Joe's team is a juggernaut but so is PCC. Offers are one criteria I consider prior to a game to understand the matchup. For example, I look at schedule, scores, roster size, size of lineman, number of seniors, scoring average, highlites, etc.

Thanks again !

Thanks for the info. I'm sure that offers will be coming but Actually, I'm interested in confirmed offers. PCC's offers mentioned are confirmed like the 5 O linemen, Penn State, N D , Yale, Yale and Fordham. There are many others with current offers.

Obviously, this won't mean much come game time but I try to understand as much as possible as to what my team is up against. I realize that this St Joe's team is a juggernaut but so is PCC. Offers are one criteria I consider prior to a game to understand the matchup. For example, I look at schedule, scores, roster size, size of lineman, number of seniors, scoring average, highlites, etc.

Thanks again !
You're welcome.

We have different views about the relevance of offers. Last time SJP and PCC played (in 2013) SJP had a really good HS quarterback, Chris Martin, who never got a single D1 offer, partly because of his size and maybe become of his arm strength, real or perceived. He went on John Hopkins--no idea if he's playing football. But he played great in his senior year at SJP, including against PCC. And this year no one would dispute that Terrance Greene (the senior with no D1 offers) is right now a better and more dangerous receiver than Daryll Simmons (the junior with at least a few D1 offers). The difference is that the latter is much bigger and so is thought by the people who make offers as more likely to do well in D1. (Simmonds is good and deserves the offers.) So I'd say that the number of D1 offers on either team in itself means very little.

Mike Petine's belief back in the late 1990's was that he'd rather have a team littered with PSAC kids as opposed to a team with a handful of D1 players. Besides, over the years how many of these D1 projected kids end up really playing at that level? I never take any stock in the D1 comparisons.

I think coaching may have a big impact on this game as it did 3 years ago when these two teams met. In that one Infante totally out coached Totten and made solid adjustments in the second half of that game (even though PCC lost their starting QB in the second half).

Either way this is still going to be a very difficult game for the Prep.

Last edited:

Thanks again !
Swift-Georgia, Evans OL-Air Force, Bucknell, Lehigh, Simmons WR-Penn State, Pittsburgh, Kentucky, West Virginia, and more, Hampton OL-Committed to Lafayette, Johnson LB-Princeton Those are confirmed

Reactions: CYOBALL1
I'm sure you have seen
PREP Will lose by 28 score 49 to 21
WOOD will win by 14 score 35 to 21
IMHOTEP will win by 21 score 28 to 7
I'm sure you have seen PCC? You have always been a clown!

Thanks again for the info. Am very impressed by the size and play of St Joe's OL and the looks that their defense present. Obviously, St Joe's has an excellent coaching staff and they got the best of Totten and his gang in the 2nd half of the 2013 game. Infante's big adjustment 3 years ago was putting Runyun on the D Line at half time. Central couldn't block him, couldn't keep him out of the their backfield. IMO that was the game changer.

Last edited:

Thanks again !

Yes, I agree, doesn't mean much..

I recall the '09 final, State College with their huge multiple "committed" offensive lineman and consensus favorite by the media pundits. They got dominated by that smallish, more athletic LaSalle front on both sides of the ball.

Did not PCC have similar team attributes leading into '13 final??

Last edited:
You're welcome.

We have different views about the relevance of offers. Last time SJP and PCC played (in 2013) SJP had a really good HS quarterback, Chris Martin, who never got a single D1 offer, partly because of his size and maybe become of his arm strength, real or perceived. He went on John Hopkins--no idea if he's playing football. But he played great in his senior year at SJP, including against PCC. And this year no one would dispute that Terrance Greene (the senior with no D1 offers) is right now a better and more dangerous receiver than Daryll Simmons (the junior with at least a few D1 offers). The difference is that the latter is much bigger and so is thought by the people who make offers as more likely to do well in D1. (Simmonds is good and deserves the offers.) So I'd say that the number of D1 offers on either team in itself means very little.

Tulla- Agree. Martin was a "winner". He was not big, fast or had a huge arm but was smart, tough and kept calm when things did not go well. He is now a running back at Hopkins.

Have not seen any of the teams involved but it looks like a pretty solid slate for the title games

I recall the '09 final, State College with their huge multiple "committed" offensive lineman and consensus favorite by the media pundits. They got dominated by that smallish, more athletic LaSalle front on both sides of the ball.

This year's Central team is better than 2013, More talent, size and speed. The offense is much better.

State Colege is always a well coached solid team but not good enough to beat LaSalle that year. Was not surprised by the outcome. 20-0 or was it 26-0 ? State College typically doesn't beat the WPIAL representative. That year they upset Woodland Hills after 5 of Woody's best went down with injuries in the first half. That team just wasn't good enough.

Reactions: 73-Vike
You're welcome.

Not saying those offers are relevant in this case. I was just scratching my head as to why not more offers for St Joe's kids. They certainly have the size and speed and probably deserving of the offers. It's something I try to keep track of and always want to see more offers for Pa players. This year, Central has the mother load in that regard. Usually, their good teams will have 4-6 D1's at best.

Central's biggest difference maker is JJ Younger and his best offers are IUP, Indiana State and VMI. Great HS player, but too small for a big time school.

Last edited:
Tulla- Agree. Martin was a "winner". He was not big, fast or had a huge arm but was smart, tough and kept calm when things did not go well. He is now a running back at Hopkins.

Martin was a heck of a HS QB ! Glad to hear he is still playing at Hopkins.

Last edited:
Not saying those offers are relevant in this case. I was just scratching my head as to why not more offers for St Joe's kids. They certainly have the size and speed and probably deserving of the offers. It's something I try to keep track of and always want to see more offers for Pa players. This year, Central has the mother load in that regard. Usually, their good teams will have 4-6 D1's at best.
I'd estimate there are 12-15 underclassmen on the Prep's varsity now who will have D1 offers by the time their senior seasons are over.

This is gonna hijack this thread. Don't mean to do so. I am not in the know. But Tull this sounds like Prep while making a run this year, is poised for a longer run. Wow.
Good for them.

There's not
This is gonna hijack this thread. Don't mean to do so. I am not in the know. But Tull this sounds like Prep while making a run this year, is poised for a longer run. Wow.
Good for them.

Well, there won't be another Swift ... But the Prep doesn't have a weak class.

One of the St.Joe's asst. coaches does a phenomenal job of finding talent around the tri state area and then selling St. Joe's Prep as a school to the families. Seems to have worked pretty well over the past six years. Great Networking!

Seeing both teams a couple times but familiar with both I have to go with PCC by 1...OL is almost as big as SJP but quicker. Unger is no Swift but a very good HS player. I think the difference will be passing when necessary or to keep balance. I think Fisher is more seasoned and see's the field a bit better than McCray at this point. Both teams have more coaches than Pitt or Temple but I think PCC's D-coordinator Fleming will learn from last time around. Thinking special teams and field position will be key as weather will most likely be cold and windy.But what do I know? I had SJP by 28 last week...

Richard Carr has 2 offers right now. Sacred Heart and Bryant. Confirmed!!

Prep losses a bunch this run. It'll be good to see how they regroup. Given the underclassmen that actually play. They'll need to get some guys coming in to beat Lasalle next year.

Prep losses a bunch this run. It'll be good to see how they regroup. Given the underclassmen that actually play. They'll need to get some guys coming in to beat Lasalle next year.
I know LaSalle has more starters coming back and Jones will be returning, but Madden was most of their offense this year and he's graduating. And for what it's worth, the Prep JV beat LaSalle 34-0 and the Freshmen won 40-16.

I know LaSalle has more starters coming back and Jones will be returning, but Madden was most of their offense this year and he's graduating. And for what it's worth, the Prep JV beat LaSalle 34-0 and the Freshmen won 40-16.
Jones will be huge for a underclassmen heavy team this year. Roman has a great JV and freshmen team every year and yet we lose varsity games by large amounts smh.

Jones will be huge for a underclassmen heavy team this year. Roman has a great JV and freshmen team every year and yet we lose varsity games by large amounts smh.

By great do you mean teams that typically go 5-2. 7-2, 6-3 etc. I wouldn't call 5-2 at the JV and Freshman levels GREAT.
This year the JV team was 3-3. They were not one bit competitive in their 3 losses two of them against prep and LaSalle.
This year the freshman team finished 7-2 with losses coming to Judge and Prep.
This years freshman class is a very good group.

Outside of the prep playoff game this season can you name one game that was a defeat by a LARGE amount? If I recall correctly Roman held prep to its lowest point total of the year in their regular season matchup. Some will attribute the lack of points to Swift being VERY limited. I say, Prep hung 43 on WOOD after losing Swift on the first series and losing James Cherry in pregame warm-ups.
I don't believe you "know" as much as you think about that program.

This season is not even over yet but let me correct you in stating that Prep will not be the underdog in next years matchup with LaSalle.
Prep loses some guys but they don't lack talent in that program at any position outside of kicker/ punter.
All of their classes are stocked with big time ability and talent. Next years Freshman class will be much of the same.

By great do you mean teams that typically go 5-2. 7-2, 6-3 etc. I wouldn't call 5-2 at the JV and Freshman levels GREAT.
This year the JV team was 3-3. They were not one bit competitive in their 3 losses two of them against prep and LaSalle.
This year the freshman team finished 7-2 with losses coming to Judge and Prep.
This years freshman class is a very good group.

Outside of the prep playoff game this season can you name one game that was a defeat by a LARGE amount? If I recall correctly Roman held prep to its lowest point total of the year in their regular season matchup. Some will attribute the lack of points to Swift being VERY limited. I say, Prep hung 43 on WOOD after losing Swift on the first series and losing James Cherry in pregame warm-ups.
I don't believe you "know" as much as you think about that program.
I didn't claim to "KNOW' much about any program. Not sure where you got that. I wasn't just speaking on this year's teams. Over the years Roman's JV and Freshmen teams have was more competitive than varsity. Unlike most I don't claim to know it all just my opinion.

I'm a PCC alum, but I think Prep wins by 10.
Big Kev how have you been? It was an honor clashing verbal swords with you during the 13' season. Good to see you're still a passionate PCC fan. I hope it is a good game between two outstanding programs.

Big Kev how have you been? It was an honor clashing verbal swords with you during the 13' season. Good to see you're still a passionate PCC fan. I hope it is a good game between two outstanding programs.

I've been good, and it's all good. I have Prep winning because they are more battle tested and played a much tougher schedule, also beat two national powers conveniently. The only time PCC played anyone with as much or more size and D1 talent, they got blown out.

It was early in the year and they are a much different team. But it is still something to take into consideration. Also think Prep had a much tougher road on the Eastern side than PCC did.

But, agree hopefully it's a great game and may the best team win.

I believe the '13 PCC was loaded on paper. I also feel that PCC took SJP lightly that year. (my opinion; I didn't read or hear anything that formed the basis for this). I believe PCC had two 1,000 yard rushers and maybe felt over-confident about their anticipated success running the ball.
I have seen references to the PCC starting QB getting hurt in the 3rd quarter. While true, I don't think that had much of an effect on the outcome. PCC did not throw the ball much while the starter was in. Once again, I feel they were confident they could win as a one-dimensional offense.
I also heard a rumor that PCC did not practice one or more days before the Final, probably due to weather. If true, I'm sure the coaching staff looked at that as a huge mistake.
In any event, I'm certain PCC will not approach this game in the same manner as they did in 2013.
My less than objective prediction is SJP 38 - PCC 31.
A question for the board: Would it be wrong to ask the staff at the venue of my niece's wedding this Saturday to turn on the game???

I believe the '13 PCC was loaded on paper. I also feel that PCC took SJP lightly that year. (my opinion; I didn't read or hear anything that formed the basis for this). I believe PCC had two 1,000 yard rushers and maybe felt over-confident about their anticipated success running the ball.
I have seen references to the PCC starting QB getting hurt in the 3rd quarter. While true, I don't think that had much of an effect on the outcome. PCC did not throw the ball much while the starter was in. Once again, I feel they were confident they could win as a one-dimensional offense.
I also heard a rumor that PCC did not practice one or more days before the Final, probably due to weather. If true, I'm sure the coaching staff looked at that as a huge mistake.
In any event, I'm certain PCC will not approach this game in the same manner as they did in 2013.
My less than objective prediction is SJP 38 - PCC 31.
A question for the board: Would it be wrong to ask the staff at the venue of my niece's wedding this Saturday to turn on the game???
Turn it on !!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: pcc64 and CYOBALL1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT