ADVERTISEMENT

SOL National

dada22

Feb 21, 2007
Week 4

Truman (3-0) vs. CR South (1-2)

Christian Jabbar (CRS QB) is one of the most under rated players in the area. Truman is a great story and a team that I think will contend for a playoff spot. But their schedule has been very soft. I expect CRS to win a close tight game late behind Jabbar.

CRS 21-20

Bensalem (3-0) vs. Abington (2-1)

The Owls go on the road for the 4th straight week. Expect a close game. Because the Owls have had nothing but close games thus far and going all the way back to last season. Look for the Owls to get some revenge on the Ghosts from last yr. They will find a way late once again.

Bensalem 20-14

Neshaminy (2-1) vs. CR North (1-2)

This game was over quick last yr. Neshaminy goes on the road for the first time this season and CRN couldn't of caught the Skins at a worse time. CRN won't have an answer for all the Skins weapons and a angry Skins team at that.

Neshaminy 35-6

Dada, it seems the Council Rocks have been struggling as of late. In the earlier part of the decade, they had some really good teams. Where did all the talent go? Is enrollment down at those schools? I know CR North has had some coaching turnover, so maybe that explains a little. However, CR South still has Bedesem at the helm. Did Bedesem lose significant coordinators/position coaches? I can't seem to understand why these two
schools can't be competitive; maybe somebody can help me out??

Truman hasn't beaten anyone of note, but they have done it impressive fashion. I feel the 3-0 start will give the Tigers enough confidence to go in and beat the CR South Hawks. Can't say Jabar is that underrated given how much South throws the ball.

As for the two Council Rock schools the overall talent seems to be down which can happen in public schools, it can go in cycles. North really had Brandon McIlwain for four years, second year without him. Don't believe Council Rock North has ever won a playoff game (Relayer is that correct?). Coaching staff is now all completely gone. The few who stayed gave the new coach a transition year. Catholic League fans will be glad to hear CJ Syzdlik is the new CR North defensive coordinator. As for CR South they have run the same system without the talent they had when challenging for a district title. Bedesem lost a few coaches but has mainly the same staff. This year South at least is running some spread option. Shame is their best player is a WR and will barely see the ball.

bucks is spot on with his CR analysis. Correct, CRN has never won a playoff game, and that includes 4 years of McIlwain at QB.

Truman slaughters CRS tonight 42-0 and Bensalem spanks Abington 41-18. I have to admit this is great for local football. Both are making the playoffs and I will root for them.

Truman at Neshaminy is truly an intriguing matchup next week.

Reactions: lilromeo
Wow congrats to Truman and Bensalem players and staff! You can see the difference the Truman coaching staff make, very impressive!

Reactions: lilromeo
Even more impressive was that Bensalem was down 12-0 at the half.
Listen the numbers are down at both Council Rocks but as far as the talent it's not that bad. The problem is both coaching staffs . Cr South has lost the players , they don't believe in the staff or the system it's time for Vinny to go he's living off his dad reputation it's just not working. Cr North got away with Brandon and never developed another Qb and this is the result so sad.

Listen the numbers are down at both Council Rocks but as far as the talent it's not that bad. The problem is both coaching staffs . Cr South has lost the players , they don't believe in the staff or the system it's time for Vinny to go he's living off his dad reputation it's just not working. Cr North got away with Brandon and never developed another Qb and this is the result so sad.
Hats off to Truman , Gentlemen a sleeping giant has awakened. The truth off the matter for years Truman has had the talent and speed to be one of the best teams in District 1 what they lacked was coaching , discipline and commitment. Now they have all three they beat Pennsbury and Neshaminy why? Truman as,of right now is more Athletic.The one thing they may have trouble with is a team with size on both sides of the ball but other than that watch out.

Not sure about the talent being at the CR schools. Their lines and skill aren't what they have been. Whoever said Jabbar is underrated, I think he is behind the QBs at Neshaminy, Pennsbury, Truman, and Bensalem. The only first teamer I see on either CR is South's WR Vera. Also in fairness to CR North I think they are the smallest school enrollment wise in their league. Bedesem won't go anywhere anytime soon. North had AD issues that aren't there, but I heard the coach there is on the hot seat.

Bensalem and Truman have never made the playoffs. I think they both will be in this year. Both programs have had to change the culture. Congrats to both the players and staff there. But in reality the SOL isn't what it was.

Game of week has to be Truman vs Neshaminy. Truman's first four opponents combined record is 2-14. But their win over Tennent 41-0 was far more impressive than Pennsbury beating Tennent 24-7 or Bensalem barely sneaking by Tennent. How real is Truman? Reminds me of Van Smith's first year at Truman, team started 4-0 and fans were chanting "We want Neshaminy!" They got them and dropped 7 in a row finishing Smith's first and beat season at 4-7. As much as I'm rooting for Truman I like Neshaminy by 14.

Other key games:
North Penn (2-2) @ Pennridge (3-1)
Winner probably wins the Continental

Can West (3-1) @ Bensalem (4-0)
Last year Bensalem won first time ever over the Bucks.

Quakertown (3-1) @ Upper Dublin (2-1)
and
Hatboro-Horsham (2-1)@ Upper Moreland (4-0)
Winners will probably meet up to decide the American champion.

Vince will leave on his own terms. Not really fair to say he is riding his father's coattails. Those South teams in 2010 and 2011 were loaded with talent. Yes, Bedesem still had his critics during those runs to the district semis and final. I put it more on the coordinators who call the shots. Hasn't that always been the case at South? I still find it hard to believe they had a D1 tight end and a QB who is playing for the Trenton Thunder and they never threw the ball.

North is just a mess. I have no inside info at all, but they are embarrassing.

Yes they had a D1 tight end , A QB that is playing for Trenton thunder who could air the ball out 65 yards in the air and a future NFL linemen and still didn't pass or win the district hmmmm so even with talent Vinny cant win.

This Saturday's game between the 'Skins and Tigers should be great. They're playing at The Ridge on Saturday at 1:00 pm as it's Homecoming and with the way Truman's been playing there should be plenty of interest (it oughta be a great crowd).

The Tiger are a running team as you'd expect with all the Pennsbury coaches and the talent they have (I think they average 3 or 4 passes a game). Watching some tape makes me think of Garnet Valley last year (yikes).

They're speed merchants so the Blue & Red better be ready.

Agreed Reluctant. I'm not sure neshaminy will be ready for the combination of great speed out of the backfield + well coached OL play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT