ADVERTISEMENT

SJP-LaSalle

Prep 21-13
Maybe it was partly some rust from not playing two of the last three weeks, but the Prep didn't look in sync tonight. But I have to say the officiating was pretty awful, especially the PI call on Sacca that was the key play in LaSalle's first TD drive, the offside call on the Prep D when it sure looked like obvious movement by the LaSallle offense, and the non-PI call on the long pass to Garwood late in the game. And you can throw in the non-personal foul on LaSalle when Phillips lost his helmet. Anyone really think that the Prep would not have been called for a personal foul on that play?

Finally, any word on Agard? He didn't play at all tonight. Plus, West and Sanchez have yet to return.

Maybe it was partly some rust from not playing two of the last three weeks, but the Prep didn't look in sync tonight. But I have to say the officiating was pretty awful, especially the PI call on Sacca that was the key play in LaSalle's first TD drive, the offside call on the Prep D when it sure looked like obvious movement by the LaSallle offense, and the non-PI call on the long pass to Garwood late in the game. And you can throw in the non-personal foul on LaSalle when Phillips lost his helmet. Anyone really think that the Prep would not have been called for a personal foul on that play?

Finally, any word on Agard? He didn't play at all tonight. Plus, West and Sanchez have yet to return.
Agard will be back. He was a little banged up. I think he’ll play 1st rd of states. Only reason he played the game before was due to Denmark on Roman.

Did samaj get hurt ? Prep didn’t attempt a pass the entire 2nd half.
He didn't look hurt on the runs he made in the final drive.

He certainly attempted the long pass to Garwood in the 4th quarter.

The refs were terrible. I guess some of them have a need to be a part of the action.Prep did not look like a champion that game, but Im sure they will get it going.

The refs were terrible. I guess some of them have a need to be a part of the action.Prep did not look like a champion that game, but Im sure they will get it going.
I agree the refs were bad and it looked like they wanted the game to remain close. I’m not sure if it was a Thursday but prep didn’t look right. by far they have the best wr core and they didn’t use them much. Against us they had a healthy balance. Jones , Rehman, n Washington are all D1 wrs and to me they just played vanilla last night. Lasalle stacked the box all night and to me prep was trying to show them they could still run the ball on a stacked box. Lasalle first score, fans thought the momentum changed. Prep lined up and walked the ball down the field and scored. Lasalle lost their best player that drive.

I agree the refs were bad and it looked like they wanted the game to remain close. I’m not sure if it was a Thursday but prep didn’t look right. by far they have the best wr core and they didn’t use them much. Against us they had a healthy balance. Jones , Rehman, n Washington are all D1 wrs and to me they just played vanilla last night. Lasalle stacked the box all night and to me prep was trying to show them they could still run the ball on a stacked box. Lasalle first score, fans thought the momentum changed. Prep lined up and walked the ball down the field and scored. Lasalle lost their best player that drive.
Oddly enough, it looks like the game could have been played tonight with no rain at all to contend with.

It was a strange game. I agree the Prep looked like they thought (knew?) they could win the game comfortably by going almost exclusively with the run. And that was pretty much what happened except that it wasn't quite as comfortable as they thought it would be because of 1) their own mistakes, especially the fumbled punt and the snap that went by Samaj and 2) a few bad calls by the refs, especially the PI on Sacca.

ps I have no idea how the Prep guy who was practically in the face of the LaSalle punter failed to block that first quarter punt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT