ADVERTISEMENT

Sjp article and controversy

St Francis is a national power. They are loaded and the game wasn't as close as the score indicated. They said this could be imgs best team and definitely their most talented defense.
SFA has taken a step back since the Poggi days.

I watched the IMG/SFA game. I didn't think IMG executed very well on offense. Most of the offense that I remember was the QB scrambling around. I thought SFA gave them major problems in protection. I was not impressed with IMG's OL.

Reactions: bucksftball
Why was I saying Pat Carey? LOL.. Pat Carey is the North Hills coach smdh..

Speaking of Mike Carey, they really don't build them like that anymore.
We’ll, the other Pat, Dr. Pat Carey (Coach Carey’s brother) was a stud QB at West, 3 year starter at Temple, and had a cup of coffee with the Eagles. He’s been the team Dr for Lycoming football for a long time.

Coach Carey’s legacy in PA HS football can’t be over stated. An all-time great coach.

my guess is BM has never had a player living in a different state than PA
Prep has had students from NJ for 80 years. So it’s far from something new and many kids live closer to the school than kids from in the city. The school was initiated in 1851. It has been in the PCL for extended period of time. Their physical resources are far more limited than the vast majority of schools, especially the “boundary” schools. Every kid pays tuition, 64% get assistance based on need, 25 students get scholarships ranging from 1500 to 15k based on merit, specifically, their score on entrance test, but most pay on average $15k, some pay the full tuition. Legacy is a big deal with 32% being from prior families attending. As far as PCL, most here have no idea, based on comments, how it works and has worked over time. The biggest issue is the quality of a PCL education, particularly a Prep education, supersedes any school in the city with the exception of Masterman and maybe Central. Public education in the city of Philadelphia is woeful with 56% graduation rate. It’s the driving force to pushing kids to PCL, always has been. As far as PCL in PIAA, the PCL was courted heavily by PIAA and PCL made it clear that their policies would not change and they wanted to preserve the integrity of their league (PCL). This was a result mostly of the 2003 season and North Penn’s dominance and Prep’s schedule with losses of playing a couple games out of state and the contention by North Penn and PIAA that PA football was better and the way to find out was to include PCL in the league. Another reminder that Prep has played games out of state for over 30 years.
Open boundary is a clear advantage and open enrollment within the public schools would be advantageous for all, because competition is healthy, but the union would never allow that. Additionally, Prep has become a vacuum because of the precedent they set. Sadly, less kids are playing football and therefore, opportunities are perceived differently now, meaning the ability to play at a high level is desirous. And yes, the goal all along has been to be battle tested by playoff time. Look at the comparison to some college schedules and the proverbial strength of schedule. They are not a traveling all star team. They fill the schedule over the years with challenging games and only one game over the last 12 years has been a distance game (TX, FL, GA, CA), most games are NJ, MD and previously OH. They are well coached and the expectations are high and academics are not compromised. There have been kids that have left because it is demanding. Off season training is 5:30am and alternative training includes yoga, meditation and visualization exercises (seeing yourself in the moment). Yes, the majority of schools would be prohibited from pushing the workout envelope the way prep does so they do work harder than most. I’ve heard it from other parents across a wide spectrum. It’s a family commitment.
Yes, PCL has been competitive since inclusion in PIAA. Simple math says demographic density leads to greater mutual choices. It won’t last forever and Prep is doing nothing different than they have for many decades. Frankly, football seems to have shifted with it being better in the east. Do swift, Zaccheus, Runyan make their ascent going elsewhere?? Maybe? Probably? Definitely? … it doesn’t matter because they did it at the Prep and that’s a draw for the current population. In many ways, prep was in the right place at the right time. Ironically, their rowing program and theater program are better than football but football has the eye effect. The PCL has already modified their divisions for next year. While demand for PCL is still relative, the charter choices are more extensive and the family size has shrunk. Many families of the past had 4+ kids, obviously, that’s no longer the case so PCL is challenged for admissions. This won’t last forever. Damn my fingers hurt. If you read down to here then God Bless - Go Prep!

Reactions: lilromeo
West had some real great teams but their weakness was speed. They met a few teams with great speed and were upset. That being said, they were super physical, and real disciplined - well coached. Nothing fancy, but you could see that details mattered. Different times, SJP looks to have much, much more talent today. You’d have to give the nod to the Prep.

I’m way more offended by the situations like Bishop McCort wrestling, where you’ve got kids from North Carolina (Jax Forrest, the #1 pound for pound kid in the country) and Tennessee who are going to be in PIAA finals this March , or the nationally ranked kid from Virginia who was at Blair and is now at Faith Christian Academy waiting to be cleared for eligibility. Even kids like Ryan Anderson going from Hackettstown to Bethlehem Catholic everyday or Brett Ungar from Flemington to Notre Dame makes way more of a mockery of the system than kids crossing the bridge to SJP from the Philly suburbs over there. “New Jersey” is a stand in for “these kids are from WAY far away” when there are more egregious examples out there. And there might be on the SJP roster, I’m not familiar with their actual situations. There’s a big difference between kids coming from Mount Laurel and kids coming from the Shore Conference.

Reactions: bucksftball
ppl would much rather see a mcdevit v quips rematch also but Dallas had other plans. Correct me if I’m wrong but mcdevit operates like sjp? How many times are they mentioned here for unfair advantages?
No one operates like sjp prep. No public or private school.

Reactions: d1football1
I’m way more offended by the situations like Bishop McCort wrestling, where you’ve got kids from North Carolina (Jax Forrest, the #1 pound for pound kid in the country) and Tennessee who are going to be in PIAA finals this March , or the nationally ranked kid from Virginia who was at Blair and is now at Faith Christian Academy waiting to be cleared for eligibility. Even kids like Ryan Anderson going from Hackettstown to Bethlehem Catholic everyday or Brett Ungar from Flemington to Notre Dame makes way more of a mockery of the system than kids crossing the bridge to SJP from the Philly suburbs over there. “New Jersey” is a stand in for “these kids are from WAY far away” when there are more egregious examples out there. And there might be on the SJP roster, I’m not familiar with their actual situations. There’s a big difference between kids coming from Mount Laurel and kids coming from the Shore Conference.
It happens in every sport it seems. You got sjp in football, bishop mccort wrestling, and Imhotep basketball.

It is and it is. What other school has that many out of state players on their team and travels to Florida and California?
I’m not sure of the argument. Where they travel is not an advantage. There’s nothing stopping any school from doing so. Also people use the “out of state” way to much. They have kids from jersey. No one is debating that. Jersey is 5 miles from sjp/roman. Could you tell me the distance of the boundary you believe is treated unfairly? It’s Sunday I figure will could kill this myth once and for all.

I’m not sure of the argument. Where they travel is not an advantage. There’s nothing stopping any school from doing so. Also people use the “out of state” way to much. They have kids from jersey. No one is debating that. Jersey is 5 miles from sjp/roman. Could you tell me the distance of the boundary you believe is treated unfairly? It’s Sunday I figure will could kill this myth once and for all.
rch- wow, your statements just arent accurate, there all kinds of reasons why teams are "stopped from traveling for games." Most public HSs have all kinds of rules to follow that sjp does NOT

rch- wow, your statements just arent accurate, there all kinds of reasons why teams are "stopped from traveling for games." Most public HSs have all kinds of rules to follow that sjp does NOT
Name them ? I know some districts control scheduling but saying it’s an advantage bc they travel is wrong. The teams they play out of state don’t have teams banging down their doors to play and most of those schools would travel here to play. IMG came to Middletown DE a few years ago and to the NJ shore this year. I believe they have a home and home agreement with SFA, so I’m sure if another team from this area wants to play it’s only a phone call.

just a few "boundary public school rules" to start-
1) fixed yearly budget for "football" that might be really low, only includes maybe 15 thousand dollars, maybe 5 thousand for bussing and field rentals, and thats it- 20 maybe?
2) School board policies that require voting to "travel" and might require voting months in advance to make it maybe impossible to do
3) Rules of booster fundraising- which might, even if the money were available- may prohibit the team from raising money to travel
4) Administration rules, that are sometimes completely "antisports"
5) PIAA District rules- like WPIAL/D7, that does allow teams to "set their own schedule." Even IF all of the above rules, a school like North Allegheny, even if they were given permission, only have ONE week, week zero, that they are allowed to schedule that
6) Title IX- which should have been rule #1

There's probably a few more

just a few "boundary public school rules" to start-
1) fixed yearly budget for "football" that might be really low, only includes maybe 15 thousand dollars, maybe 5 thousand for bussing and field rentals, and thats it- 20 maybe?
2) School board policies that require voting to "travel" and might require voting months in advance to make it maybe impossible to do
3) Rules of booster fundraising- which might, even if the money were available- may prohibit the team from raising money to travel
4) Administration rules, that are sometimes completely "antisports"
5) PIAA District rules- like WPIAL/D7, that does allow teams to "set their own schedule." Even IF all of the above rules, a school like North Allegheny, even if they were given permission, only have ONE week, week zero, that they are allowed to schedule that
6) Title IX- which should have been rule #1

There's probably a few more
And you think that all of these rules you’ve stated don’t pertain to district 12?

I am referring to the "rules" of SJP- meaning a combination of District 12 rules and "private school rules." I am pretty certain of the following:

Catholic Schools are not required to Title 9, District 12 allows more than "1 week" of flexible scheduling; Private Schools do not have the same "public school board voting rules"

Booster rules? I'm not certain- maybe im wrong but i am pretty certain that public high school rules are more strict than private.

I am referring to the "rules" of SJP- meaning a combination of District 12 rules and "private school rules." I am pretty certain of the following:

Catholic Schools are not required to Title 9, District 12 allows more than "1 week" of flexible scheduling; Private Schools do not have the same "public school board voting rules"

Booster rules? I'm not certain- maybe im wrong but i am pretty certain that public high school rules are more strict than private.
and- for the record- ive said this before- to "kick out SJP?" No, i disagree, seperate playoffs- i say no. My preference- is that the PIAA try to "even the rules" from District-to-district, will never be perfect, but they could make an attempt to make the rules a little more apples-to apples and oranges-to-oranges

and- for the record- ive said this before- to "kick out SJP?" No, i disagree, seperate playoffs- i say no. My preference- is that the PIAA try to "even the rules" from District-to-district, will never be perfect, but they could make an attempt to make the rules a little more apples-to apples and oranges-to-oranges
SJP plays only one game a year that's more than a bus ride away. I realize that's one more than most schools are allowed to travel or choose to travel, but it's not like the situation with IMG, St Frances, or St.John's.

I'm curious how much SJP--and others--are paid when ESPN broadcasts their games. I have no idea, and I'm not sure they're paid anything. But maybe they're paid an amount that really reduces the travel budget.

I suspect there's a big difference between the proportion of school board budgets in PA and NJ that is spent on football (and sports in general) and the proportion of board budgets spent on football in much of GA, FL, etc.

Clearly, SJP's situation is different from that at public schools. It begins with tuition and other mandatory costs. Parents are used to making substantial payments. And SJP raises more money from alumni than nearly all other high schools in the Philly area. But lots of alumni (including me) would be unhappy if a disproportionate amount went to football. There is a separate fund for football, but it doesn't remotely cover tuition costs of all or most players. And, as I understand it, even the parents of the most high profile football players have to pay tuition if they have substantial financial resources.

SJP plays only one game a year that's more than a bus ride away. I realize that's one more than most schools are allowed to travel or choose to travel, but it's not like the situation with IMG, St Frances, or St.John's.

I'm curious how much SJP--and others--are paid when ESPN broadcasts their games. I have no idea, and I'm not sure they're paid anything. But maybe they're paid an amount that really reduces the travel budget.

I suspect there's a big difference between the proportion of school board budgets in PA and NJ that is spent on football (and sports in general) and the proportion of board budgets spent on football in much of GA, FL, etc.

Clearly, SJP's situation is different from that at public schools. It begins with tuition and other mandatory costs. Parents are used to making substantial payments. And SJP raises more money from alumni than nearly all other high schools in the Philly area. But lots of alumni (including me) would be unhappy if a disproportionate amount went to football. There is a separate fund for football, but it doesn't remotely cover tuition costs of all or most players. And, as I understand it, even the parents of the most high profile football players have to pay tuition if they have substantial financial resources.
I would guess 95% of PA hs football teams have ever take a bus, much longer than 20 miles

Reactions: DripDrop
I would guess 95% of PA hs football teams have ever take a bus, much longer than 20 miles
also the "benefit" of HS games on ESPN? uh no, PA public school districts dont get paid a dime, most public schools would view that a burden more than a benefit

20 miles…… if that’s the case we need to take football more serious in PA. Once PIAA playoffs start you can average more than that per week. Imhotep just traveled to Coatesville to play Strath Haven that’s at least 40 miles maybe. District 1 is so big that 40 miles might be an easy commute to a game for them.

also the "benefit" of HS games on ESPN? uh no, PA public school districts dont get paid a dime, most public schools would view that a burden more than a benefit
Playing on espn isn’t a benefit and they don’t pay hs to cover games. It’s nothing more than a honor to play on tv. Also a gift and a curse. You could be embarrassed on tv also.

And you think that all of these rules you’ve stated don’t pertain to district 12?
They don't, St joes prep has traveled in the off season and has played as far as California and Florida on their schedule. What pa team has traveled like prep and playing img on ESPN isn't a burden. That game alone will bring talent to prep. You know how many major college coaches are in the stands or watching on TV. I wander why prep never has to rebuild. This sophomore class that lost to lebo is now seniors so after the graduation prep should have a down year right? Oh wait they are even better next year. Funny how that works. Also it's a safety issue for the public schools. You have high school athletes playing the grind of a whole season playing both ways. Now your going up against fresh D1 kids on both sides of the ball getting subbed in with D1 athletes. They will get a kid hurt.

Last edited:
They don't, St joes prep has traveled in the off season and has gone to California and Florida. What pa team has traveled like prep?
those are service trips. Not vacations or relaxation. Probably a requirement other schools don’t have but PCL students are required to have a certain amount of community service hrs per year. I think they go as a team. It’s no way football players have time for community service much with all the off season trainings and 7v7. I’m not certain but the school isn’t footing that bill.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
those are service trips. Not vacations or relaxation. Probably a requirement other schools don’t have but PCL students are required to have a certain amount of community service hrs per year. I think they go as a team. It’s no way football players have time for community service much with all the off season trainings and 7v7. I’m not certain but the school isn’t footing that bill.
I wander how many "service trips" the north Allegheny team has taken or other public schools. Prep emphasizes football and is willing to fund their traveling and lodging. The wpial can play a week zero game and then has to play only wpial schools. NA will have a down year next year after this senior class graduates will prep have a down year or have to rebuild after this senior class graduates? A matter of fact when was sjp rebuilding year in the last decade?

Last edited:
I wander how many "service trips" the north Allegheny team has taken or other public schools. Prep emphasizes football and is willing to fund their traveling and lodging. The wpial can play a week zero game and then has to play only wpial schools. NA will have a down year next year after this senior class graduates will prep have a down year or have to rebuild after this senior class graduates?
The goal post is shifting. What does a service trips have to do with football. I don’t submit to the “down year” stuff, players graduate. You knew that 4 years ago. I’ll give you they have advantages but next you’ll say they have better lunch.

Question: why is NA commonly called University of NA?

20 miles…… if that’s the case we need to take football more serious in PA. Once PIAA playoffs start you can average more than that per week. Imhotep just traveled to Coatesville to play Strath Haven that’s at least 40 miles maybe. District 1 is so big that 40 miles might be an easy commute to a game for them.
"we need to take football more serious in PA"
i agree, but it's not gonna happen- and yes that's the whole friggin point- 95% of high schools do NOT take football as seriously as SJP, some are not able to due to $$, some are not "allowed to" some do not have the community support and some dont WANT to- it is very difficult to "build" a great, successful Hs football program in PA- even harder in 2023, imo. The PIAA does not even show that it "takes football seriously." Some youth football sports have better "hype and social media" than PIAA. In Pgh- our "local" HS basketball championships are usually played at Pitt or Duquesne University. And our best PA state champions play at Cumberland Valey HS? That's a friggin joke. Our best "state all-star" team- Big 33- has mostly "lost it's luster."

Reactions: lilromeo
The goal post is shifting. What does a service trips have to do with football. I don’t submit to the “down year” stuff, players graduate. You knew that 4 years ago. I’ll give you they have advantages but next you’ll say they have better lunch.

Question: why is NA commonly called University of NA?

Na is called "university" cuz it's big and has nice facilities (used by many sports, not just football). Probably not much more "yearly football budget" tho, than most public schools. Maybe Fort Cherry has 20 thousand bucks for football, and NA has 30- just spit-balling guesses. Just in the Pittsburgh area, i could list about 20 schools, that have similar facilities as NA

if it's "just the football team" taking this "service trip" to Florida- then yea it has a lot to do with football" its the FOOTBALL team!

cmon RCH- you cannot claim the SJP "service trip" to California is not "unusual?" I'm sure it's a football team bonding event, that helps develop the football team, as kids, and as teammates. Pine-Richland is hardly a "poor sad school" but our "service event" last year? The kids and coaches drove 3 miles from the HS, met at a local hiking trail, and picked up trash- potato chip bags and empty beer cans, and dumped a bunch of bags of mulch

Na is called "university" cuz it's big and has nice facilities (used by many sports, not just football). Probably not much more "yearly football budget" tho, than most public schools. Maybe Fort Cherry has 20 thousand bucks for football, and NA has 30- just spit-balling guesses. Just in the Pittsburgh area, i could list about 20 schools, that have similar facilities as NA

if it's "just the football team" taking this "service trip" to Florida- then yea it has a lot to do with football" its the FOOTBALL team!

cmon RCH- you cannot claim the SJP "service trip" to California is not "unusual?" I'm sure it's a football team bonding event, that helps develop the football team, as kids, and as teammates. Pine-Richland is hardly a "poor sad school" but our "service event" last year? The kids and coaches drove 3 miles from the HS, met at a local hiking trail, and picked up trash- potato chip bags and empty beer cans, and dumped a bunch of bags of mulch
I’ve never heard them going to Florida and California. What’s stopping another school from doing the same?

I’ve never heard them going to Florida and California. What’s stopping another school from doing the same?

rch- you just said like 2 hours ago, that they take these out-of-state trips in the off season for "service trips." So, do they take these trips, or NOT? again, all kinds of ways that school are "stopped from doing that" like lack of school board approval, cost, staff availability, etc etc

rch- you just said like 2 hours ago, that they take these out-of-state trips in the off season for "service trips." So, do they take these trips, or NOT? again, all kinds of ways that school are "stopped from doing that" like lack of school board approval, cost, staff availability, etc etc
PIAA has rules for everyone. If those parents are paying for those players to do off season things. I don’t understand how where the parents invest their money is something that only benefits sjp. PIAA can’t tell parents where to send their children during the off se or how to spend money.

To be fair, Ridley went to Florida in 2022 I believe? Certainly do-able as long as the school board would sign off on it. In CB, track teams, baseball, bands, basketball teams, etc... routinely travel out of state. I do think the football budget is an interesting question. Coaches' salaries are easily found on school board agendas, the equipment costs and cost of officials can be harder to pin down because they are buried in larger budget items. But that's also offset by the income at games, which is another unknown. (Certainly the 5 home games for CB schools would bring in $75K or more in ticket sales) I can't imagine a 6A public school football team being able to operate without at least a 75-100K budget, not including the support from the parent's club which could be another 50-100K in a well-supported program.

To be fair, Ridley went to Florida in 2022 I believe? Certainly do-able as long as the school board would sign off on it. In CB, track teams, baseball, bands, basketball teams, etc... routinely travel out of state. I do think the football budget is an interesting question. Coaches' salaries are easily found on school board agendas, the equipment costs and cost of officials can be harder to pin down because they are buried in larger budget items. But that's also offset by the income at games, which is another unknown. (Certainly the 5 home games for CB schools would bring in $75K or more in ticket sales) I can't imagine a 6A public school football team being able to operate without at least a 75-100K budget, not including the support from the parent's club which could be another 50-100K in a well-supported program.
bucks your numbers are pretty accurate- in reality the total $ in public school budgets is not much more than other sports, like baseball and basketball when u consider they might play 30 games compared to 10-12 for football

again, yes to your point, the out of state is "doable" but not easy, and yea maybe one time per year, because of all the RULES that public schools have to follow

bucks your numbers are pretty accurate- in reality the total $ in public school budgets is not much more than other sports, like baseball and basketball when u consider they might play 30 games compared to 10-12 for football

again, yes to your point, the out of state is "doable" but not easy, and yea maybe one time per year, because of all the RULES that public schools have to follow
All SJP students take service trips. Some even go to Latin America to help with housing, environment problems, etc. The football team's service trips have all been via bus. They've never gone to CA or FL on a service trip but they have gone to other parts of the south, the midwest and even parts of PA. Maybe a football is thrown around during breaks but there's not even an informal 7on7 played.

I wish people who generalize so confidently about SJP would actually spend a day or two around the school and the team.

Sound like NA, like the great majority of public high schools and unlike most PCL schools (including SJP), has a home field and onsite practice facilities.

Just hope we don't hear anything this week about the Prep having students/playexs from four states.

ppl would much rather see a mcdevit v quips rematch also but Dallas had other plans. Correct me if I’m wrong but mcdevit operates like sjp? How many times are they mentioned here for unfair advantages?
RCH. McDevitt is not mentioned negatively on the board because they are not 'perceived' as being superior. Reason being, the teams in their immediate vicinity are solid football programs; Cumberland Valley, Harrisburg, Central Dauphin. Also, they've been in the weak Mid Penn Keystone Division, not the MP Commonwealth with the biggest 6A teams; egs mentioned above. Also, the gap between them and others in the Commonwealth Division is not nearly as great as the gap between SJP and other PA teams.

Granted, they're on a heck of a talent run right now. But typically, those schools and others in the area (Wilson, Cent York) are on a similar level as them. Once again, they are in the midst of a special talent run at the skill positions. But I think you'll see why they're not feared/hated/dreaded next year when they're in the Commonwealth Division and have to play a steady diet of State High, CD East and the teams above instead of Red Land, Palmyra, Hershey, Lower Dauphin and others.

In other ways, they are not at all like SJP being 40 some miles from the nearest border (Maryland) and with no
out- of-state players to my knowledge.

Last edited:
All SJP students take service trips. Some even go to Latin America to help with housing, environment problems, etc. The football team's service trips have all been via bus. They've never gone to CA or FL on a service trip but they have gone to other parts of the south, the midwest and even parts of PA. Maybe a football is thrown around during breaks but there's not even an informal 7on7 played.

I wish people who generalize so confidently about SJP would actually spend a day or two around the school and the team.

Sound like NA, like the great majority of public high schools and unlike most PCL schools (including SJP), has a home field and onsite practice facilities.

Just hope we don't hear anything this week about the Prep having students/playexs from four states.

RCH. McDevitt is not mentioned negatively on the board because they are not 'perceived' as being superior. Reason being, the teams in their immediate vicinity are solid football programs; Cumberland Valley, Harrisburg, Central Dauphin. Also, they've been in the weak Mid Penn Keystone Division, not the MP Commonwealth with the biggest 6A teams; egs mentioned above. Also, the gap between them and others in the Commonwealth Division is not nearly as great as the gap between SJP and other PA teams.

Granted, they're on a heck of a talent run right now. But typically, those schools and others in the area (Wilson, Cent York) are on a similar level as them. Once again, they are in the midst of a special talent run at the skill positions. But I think you'll see why they're not feared/hated/dreaded next year when they're in the Commonwealth Division and have to play a steady diet of State High, CD East and the teams above instead of Red Land, Palmyra, Hershey, Lower Dauphin and others.

In other ways, they are not at all like SJP being 40 some miles from the nearest border (Maryland) and with no
out- of-state players to my knowledge.
yes, stalk- well said- and mcdevitt does not play in district 12, which sure seems to me, and others, to be looser with transfers and recruiting

Reactions: Stalker

The football team also went to new Orleans. I can't think of another private school that does those many out of state service trips.

The football team also went to new Orleans. I can't think of another private school that does those many out of state service trips.
The do one a year--except during Covid when I think they did none. The point about the service trips is that they are SERVICE TRIPS that all Prep students take. I myself think that team members should be integrated with the trips other SJP students take, but I understand there are scheduling difficulties. But if the Prep football team wen to NO it was not to play football or even have football workouts.

A very insightful poster on another forum said something about SJP's "advantages" that I will quote:

I noticed that the NA coach is already boasting/complaining that all his players come from the same community. It reminded me of what the ML coach did in 2021; he had tee-shirts or sweat shirts made indicating all the players could walk to school. That too was probably a boast and a complaint. Of course it’s an advantage for SJP not to have the boundaries that a school district has, but having players who all live within walking distance–or even a 10-minute drive–of the school is also an advantage. Many if not most of the players have already been teammates before they start high school, they probably have very common backgrounds, their families probably know one another and scheduling practices and getting to and from them is never a problem. At SJP it’s the opposite. I doubt one of the players live close enough to walk to school. For many it’s more than an hour’s commute each way. Their backgrounds and circumstances are very different. There’s not even a practice field on the school grounds, and this year they had no home field of any kind. There is a school community, but it’s one that has to be built carefully over time.

Reactions: MC1975
Tulla,
What's the point of the above post? Has any of those opinions, or facts stopped St Joes from winning 7 of the last 10 championships, and making them a heavy favorite to win next week, as well as next year? If The Prep only accepted players that know each other and live within walking distance would they be so dominate?

The football team was the only ones to go on the new Orleans trip and I'm sure other. Prep fans have a rebuttal for everything. Players from new Jersey is a curse and playing img on ESPN is a curse. Wow preps program really has it bad. Thank goodness this senior class graduates and next year is a rebuilding year for them 😂. How is players safety not a priority for the piaa either!! You got high school athletes on cb south and navereth that will never play after high school. They are playing both sides of the ball. They are going against D1 guys twice thier size playing one way getting subbed in by guys just as good. They are going to get these kids seriously hurt one of these games.

Last edited:
The football team was the only ones to go on the new Orleans trip and I'm sure other. Prep fans have a rebuttal for everything. Players from new Jersey is a curse and playing img on ESPN is a curse. Wow preps program really has it bad. Thank goodness this senior class graduates and next year is a rebuilding year for them 😂. How is players safety not a priority for the piaa either!! You got high school athletes on cb south and navereth that will never play after high school. They are playing both sides of the ball. They are going against D1 guys twice thier size playing one way getting subbed in by guys just as good. They are going to get these kids seriously hurt one of these games.
Player safety? How is it anyone’s fault if players go on to play at the next level? Have you ever seen Nazareth or cb South? You’re making assumptions that are far from the truth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT