ADVERTISEMENT

Season ending awards PCL

COY- Roken SJP
MVP- S. Jones QB. SJP
Those are great picks.
I can see them going with Prete after beating Wood & Lasalle and only losing 2 games. I think what SJP did this year wasn’t as surprising as Roman. I think there’s no case for anyone else besides Jones for MVP.

Those are great picks.
I can see them going with Prete after beating Wood & Lasalle and only losing 2 games. I think what SJP did this year wasn’t as surprising as Roman. I think there’s no case for anyone else besides Jones for MVP.
It's hard when there are only four league games--and I'm assuming all-Catholic teams as well as MVP and COY picks are based on league games only.

I suppose a good case could have been made for Armstrong at Wood until the loss to Judge given the difficult situation he had and Wood's performance against LaSalle and Roman (and in several non-league games if you're including them). And maybe Prete would have been a good choice if Roman had been able to stay close to the Prep for at least half the game.

As for Roken, it's worth noting how consistent the Prep was in league games. And if you're counting non-league games, I'd say the way the Prep came back against STA in Florida without Agard and after Trotter went down very early must have had something to do with coaching. Impressive also was how they rebounded big-time the next week and pulled out a tough game against under-rated Erasmus when Jones was not having a good game.

Reactions: Bighead75
It's hard when there are only four league games--and I'm assuming all-Catholic teams as well as MVP and COY picks are based on league games only.

I suppose a good case could have been made for Armstrong at Wood until the loss to Judge given the difficult situation he had and Wood's performance against LaSalle and Roman (and in several non-league games if you're including them). And maybe Prete would have been a good choice if Roman had been able to stay close to the Prep for at least half the game.

As for Roken, it's worth noting how consistent the Prep was in league games. And if you're counting non-league games, I'd say the way the Prep came back against STA in Florida without Agard and after Trotter went down very early must have had something to do with coaching. Impressive also was how they rebounded big-time the next week and pulled out a tough game against under-rated Erasmus when Jones was not having a good game.
Armstrong does deserve a nod. Terrible situation he was handed and made the best out of it.

Reactions: Bighead75
PCL MVP I would go with Semaj Jones. He’s been the best player. And For coach of the year, I would’ve went with Armstrong until today. I’m bias but I’d go with Prete only because Roken should win. He has no excuse not to win. Roman has had a phenomenal year.

Reactions: RCH13co18
Roken is COY. Wood has 1 win. Prete lost 42-0 to Prep. Wood and LaSalle are way down! Roman is supposed to win as well.

Reactions: lilromeo
Don’t think you can argue against Roken. That’s not the point. He definitely has the easier situation, larger talent pool, support etc. They have been good since Brooks, Infante, and now Roken. The next guy will inherit the same good fortune. My original pick was Armstrong.

Who picks? Do they have a league committee or does an outside source pick ?

Don’t think you can argue against Roken. That’s not the point. He definitely has the easier situation, larger talent pool, support etc. They have been good since Brooks, Infante, and now Roken. The next guy will inherit the same good fortune. My original pick was Armstrong.

I believe it’s picked by the coaches.

The coaches definitely pick.

Armstrong does deserve a nod. Terrible situation he was handed and made the best out of it.
I wanted Armstrong to do well ,but we know the outcome. I couldnt select him as COY after such a poor season despite the circumstances.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT