ADVERTISEMENT

Scores around the state

Hausmann1978

May 5, 2021
Seneca valley beats Penn hills 17-15. Penn hills misses a field goal with time expiring and my ecp ramblers lose to national power bishop hobin 47-14.

North Penn’s defense is simply not good enough to win against stiff competition. They will most likely win their conference, but I think they fall short in the District 1 playoffs. I’m not writing them off (their offense is very explosive). It’s a long season, there is plenty of time for improvement. But, if tonight is any indication, they still have not gotten their defense figured out. Something needs to change.

Reactions: Concretechuck
GV 14 - CB West 7. West gave this one away with turnovers and penalties. Couple of wide open deep balls missed too. Looked like the better team for 47 and a half minutes. Brutal beat in last 20 seconds.

Reactions: HSFB99 and lilromeo
DWest handled an overmatched Highland Regional 48-13.
Neshaminy somehow shutout Ocean City and their impressive QB while having approximately 400 yards of penalties 21-0.

Anticlimactic? Always thought these 'mornings after' are a little like the 'moment after' where you're looking for a beer, maybe a cigarette.

Harrisburg and St. Vincent Pallotti was cancelled per lightening, no reschedule.

A lot of surprises yesterday. Gateway made the biggest statement IMO beating the defending 6A state champs pretty convincingly. They are now my favorite in 5A to come out of the wpial. I was also surprised that la salle wasn't in the preseason rankings and that lasted a whole week with a big statement win over north Penn.

Reactions: HSFB99
A lot of surprises yesterday. Gateway made the biggest statement IMO beating the defending 6A state champs pretty convincingly. They are now my favorite in 5A to come out of the wpial. I was also surprised that la salle wasn't in the preseason rankings and that lasted a whole week with a big statement win over north Penn.
Amen Haus. Many of us knew LaSalle was good and if you saw Roman vs LS last year you felt Wilson might have their hands full. Living outside Philly I know the Catholic League, seeing games when scheduled at Widener Univ, Springfield, etc. But I felt even in a rebuilding year, Wilson could hang. WAY wrong.

Also surprised Pine and Pitt CC (like Wilson), while realizing it was legit/serious comp would do better.

Amen Haus. Many of us knew LaSalle was good and if you saw Roman vs LS last year you felt Wilson might have their hands full. Living outside Philly I know the Catholic League, seeing games when scheduled at Widener Univ, Springfield, etc. But I felt even in a rebuilding year, Wilson could hang. WAY wrong.

Also surprised Pine and Pitt CC (like Wilson), while realizing it was legit/serious comp would do better.
The teams pine, pitt cc, and my prep ramblers played are national programs and national powers so wasnt to surprised they lost. Those are schools that are in the mix with the St Joe's preps, the st Thomas Aquinas's, the img's, and the mater dei's. It's tough to complete with those type of schools unless your once yourself. Now there are years were pine, pcc, and Erie prep can complete with those schools but those teams come ones In a decade for them. I think pcc and prep will still make big playoff runs. I think pine Richlands glory days are done but watch out for mars. Pcc will be better next year too. They are a year away.

Last edited:
Seneca valley beats Penn hills 17-15. Penn hills misses a field goal with time expiring and my ecp ramblers lose to national power bishop hobin 47-14.
Cheltenham beat Abington 28-6. Cheltenham could surprise they have a nice influx of Philadelphia Public League transfers in on the team. Defensive line has nice size/speed; I was also impressed with Tre McCloud; who was Imhotep last year. He may be one of the best playmakers in the Suburban One. Their QB a transfer from Frankford also has some potential, very nice arm on him. Next week will be a bigger test vs. Northeast

North Penn’s defense is simply not good enough to win against stiff competition. They will most likely win their conference, but I think they fall short in the District 1 playoffs. I’m not writing them off (their offense is very explosive). It’s a long season, there is plenty of time for improvement. But, if tonight is any indication, they still have not gotten their defense figured out. Something needs to change.
Not impressed with North Penn at all defensively.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT