ADVERTISEMENT

Score predictions NP/Prep?

Classic, hs game, great def by np. Beck has had his share of bad calls but his team looked prepared tonight. 4th and 1 call not so good but turnovers, ball security issue again as in last two games. Give up td on kick return, turn ball over three times before the fumble and np had shot down 28-25 as they were driving and prep on the ropes with 3 to go. Wow. Congrats to both teams but hats off to np, played hard, slugged it out til the end. In the end turnovers and to much Swift the difference

Classic, hs game, great def by np. Beck has had his share of bad calls but his team looked prepared tonight. 4th and 1 call not so good but turnovers, ball security issue again as in last two games. Give up td on kick return, turn ball over three times before the fumble and np had shot down 28-25 as they were driving and prep on the ropes with 3 to go. Wow. Congrats to both teams but hats off to np, played hard, slugged it out til the end. In the end turnovers and to much Swift the difference
Not always a well-played game, but there were lots of great moments and both teams played hard. And just think that if the Prep and North Penn were in different categories (e.g public and non-public) it would never have happened and we'd be wondering and arguing who should have won.

Some observations:

1) A few weeks ago many on here complained about the officiating in the NP-Coatesville game. I don't know if any of the same guys were on the field tonight but a couple of them, like what some said about the officials in the earlier game, were very out-of-shape. As for whether Beck "got his share of bad calls," I have my doubts. For sure, SJP were penalized more times for my yards. One call resulted in a touchdown being called back. The blocking in the back call on Swift on the long gain from the pass to Simmons looked like a bad one. There was little contact and it had no bearing on the play. It changed field position at a big point in the game. And that last holding call against the Prep meant that instead of continuing what was looking like a lock-it-up series of runs to put the game away the Prep had to throw the ball. Maybe that and some or even all of the other holding calls against the Prep were the right ones--I couldn't tell from where I was sitting--but Beck's share of penalities was certainly the smaller share.

2) The Prep needs to ditch what they've been doing in punting situations. It almost cost them the game.

3) The chill and the wind--not great but a factor--seemed to weaken each team's ability to complete passes down the field. It looks like it's going to be quite a lot colder next weekend. Not sure if PCC has much of a long passing game, but it's been a big part of the Prep's offense all year.

4) The Prep could have used Talley in defending against the Udinski's scrambles and NP's impressive short passing game.

5) NP's defense played really well, but even so I was really struck by how many times Swift turned two and three yard gains into five to ten yard gains--not to mention his longer runs.

Tulla, was referring to sepa ball can beck be overrated comment. Meant he has had his share of bad play calls, bad games or quarters ie springford in second quarter but tonight called a pretty good game. No reference to penalties. Wasn't a clean game by any means but for a state semifinal game for it to go through the wire, almost with the underdog going in to tie or take the lead, I'd call it a classic . Good luck to prep.

Tulla, was referring to sepa ball can beck be overrated comment. Meant he has had his share of bad play calls, bad games or quarters ie springford in second quarter but tonight called a pretty good game. No reference to penalties. Wasn't a clean game by any means but for a state semifinal game for it to go through the wire, almost with the underdog going in to tie or take the lead, I'd call it a classic . Good luck to prep.
Got ya. I agree that Beck had North Penn well-prepared and called a very good game. He made the right call on fourth and one though it didn't work out.

I agree going for it, didn't love play call. Sometimes you have to give credit to the other guy, they made the play.

I agree going for it, didn't love play call. Sometimes you have to give credit to the other guy, they made the play.

Wow was I wrong! I thought NP played much better than I anticipated. It was a hard fought game. NP had a real shot but a kickoff return TD, short field after Beck went for it and was stuffed, 3 int's and a fumble. How do you overcome all that?? I thought NP did an excellent job on D. Swift still had 268, 3TDs. Congrats to Prep

Got ya. I agree that Beck had North Penn well-prepared and called a very good game. He made the right call on fourth and one though it didn't work out.
JUST SO YOU GUYS KNOW IT WAS NORTH PENN'S ONLY NEGATIVE PLAY ALL NIGHT!

JUST SO YOU GUYS KNOW IT WAS NORTH PENN'S ONLY NEGATIVE PLAY ALL NIGHT!

After looking again they actually had one other one in the first half. I didn't notice it because no tackle was awarded on that play. Udinski dropped a snap while in the shotgun and had to fall in the board.

The Lowndes play on that 4th-1 was the only negative play caused by a SJP player.

After looking again they actually had one other one in the first half. I didn't notice it because no tackle was awarded on that play. Udinski dropped a snap while in the shotgun and had to fall in the board.

The Lowndes play on that 4th-1 was the only negative play caused by a SJP player.
That's why you are the man!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT