ADVERTISEMENT

Roman/PV

newport

Nov 22, 2002
Anyone have insight into this matchup? I believe both teams are 3-0. Can RC get the W on the road?

Anyone have insight into this matchup? I believe both teams are 3-0. Can RC get the W on the road?
Roman has the players to win this game. Two things to consider imo. Coaching and the refs . Roman playing away again could face the same nonsense they experienced against Wilson. It could be a very good game if officiated evenly.

Reactions: newport
The refs could be an issue as they typically are when “district 12” teams leave the city. Not sure coaching Is a thing to consider. Both teams will be well coached. To overcome the Wilson game, they had to be well coached. Think it’s going to be a great game, I will be there!

What happened in the Wilson game? I'm guessing it was some version of "home cooking" by the way you guys are describing it

Reactions: lilromeo
What happened in the Wilson game? I'm guessing it was some version of "home cooking" by the way you guys are describing it
Roman was flagged 14 times for 135 yards to 3 for 20 on Wilson. It was a poorly played game with Wilson losing four fumbles and throwing 3 picks to impact the game (stat/score wise) losing 46-15, 457 total O to 130 for Wilson.
Plus 4 or 5 starters for Wilson missed the much of the game (3rd qtr on) affecting game as 4 were 2-way players. First games are a mess.

In the CD game at Harrisburg, CD was flagged 9 times for 86 yards, Wilson 8 for 88 yards at CD
In the MLK game at Wilson, MLK was flagged 11 times for 65 yards, Wilson 3 for 27

I watched Quakertown outplay PV in their scrimmage. I know, it's a scrimmage. If those unforeseen things that can effect a game (turnovers, penalties, etc.) are equal, this game might end up being a little lopsided. I know, it was a scrimmage.

The refs could be an issue as they typically are when “district 12” teams leave the city. Not sure coaching Is a thing to consider. Both teams will be well coached. To overcome the Wilson game, they had to be well coached. Think it’s going to be a great game, I will be there!
So you think refs intentionally make calls on one team? Really?
I ref different sports but that never has entered my mind. There are all kinds of training and meetings and fees plus assignors are grading you at games. You think a ref would jeopardize getting more games in the future to intentionally throw flags on one team?
I don't know any ref who would do that.

So you think refs intentionally make calls on one team? Really?
I ref different sports but that never has entered my mind. There are all kinds of training and meetings and fees plus assignors are grading you at games. You think a ref would jeopardize getting more games in the future to intentionally throw flags on one team?
I don't know any ref who would do that.
Wilson had 2 home games. Opponents flagged 25 times to Wilsons 6. Yes I do believe they get biased with some games for sure. Watch the game against Roman. Just ridiculous.

Wilson had 2 home games. Opponents flagged 25 times to Wilsons 6. Yes I do believe they get biased with some games for sure. Watch the game against Roman. Just ridiculous.
BTW, I appreciate what you do and that you arent one of those guys.

What's the scouting report on PV? 3 nice wins early in the season against traditional local powers. Do they have the athlete(s) to at least slow Denmark down? Do they have the team speed to keep up with Roman? Will Roman have a distinct size advantage along the trenches?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Stalker
What's the scouting report on PV? 3 nice wins early in the season against traditional local powers. Do they have the athlete(s) to at least slow Denmark down? Do they have the team speed to keep up with Roman? Will Roman have a distinct size advantage along the trenches?

Thanks in advance
Roman has only given up 20 yards rushing on 86 attempts. If PV cant establish the run I don’t think they can keep up all game with Roman’s speed.

Looks like a mismatch on speed and size. I don’t see a close game at all unless Roman commits clear flags like off sides, illegals and sportsmanships.

20 unanswered by Roman. 20-3 halfway through 3rd. Frosh QB playing well. Lotttttttttts of flags on Roman

The flags continued thru the 4rth quarter ,but Roman was the far better team 26-10 final.
Seems like every game Roman has plenty of flags. Either they are undisciplined or poorly coached, which one is it in your opinion?

Seems like every game Roman has plenty of flags. Either they are undisciplined or poorly coached, which one is it in your opinion?
I'd say neither, seeing as they have beaten every team they've played by a wide margin, hard to consistently beat people if you are 1. undisciplined or 2. poorly coached. Every time Roman goes on the road the refs try to keep the game competitive but once again Roman prevailed, despite poor officiating.

I watched part of the game. Roman just had too much talent and speed for PV. From what I saw, the penalty differential was greater than it should have been, but Roman is still too undisciplined. e.g. the penalties away from the ball. Lack of discipline seems mainly tied to coaching, in my view.

I watched part of the game. Roman just had too much talent and speed for PV. From what I saw, the penalty differential was greater than it should have been, but Roman is still too undisciplined. e.g. the penalties away from the ball. Lack of discipline seems mainly tied to coaching, in my view.
Tulla,
Thanks for for your perspective from a respected and knowledgeable source as yourself.
You lose any type of credibility when you constantly complain about calls and don't have any feel for the game and think you have to make excuses. I'll keep this in mind for next week.

Tulla,
Thanks for for your perspective from a respected and knowledgeable source as yourself.
You lose any type of credibility when you constantly complain about calls and don't have any feel for the game and think you have to make excuses. I'll keep this in mind for next week.
Oh look - passive agressive self righteousness - how cute

I’m a fan and graduate of Roman. With all due respect those first 3 games were against very weak opponents and the flags will bite us come league play.

jhoops, there is no doubt about Roman committing stupid penalties as I again watched this game . The fact is IMO the Refs are focusing on Roman more than their opponents in those two games. As a ref you know holding can be very subjective and why on two consecutive plays when Roman is moving the ball when the game was still relatively close came holding and holding poof the drive was over. I am in agreement that a lack of discipline is present at Roman and they need to get that fixed.

PV is a solid program and we all know Roman is emerging form a down period with some special D1 players. Guess I should have assumed they'd have a speed advantage but wasn't sure. Nice seeing Roman doing well and maybe challenging SJP.
The # of flags are curious. Didn't see games and won't speculate. But for RC 's games downline, I think RCH13co18's concerns are well founded.

PV is a solid program and we all know Roman is emerging form a down period with some special D1 players. Guess I should have assumed they'd have a speed advantage but wasn't sure. Nice seeing Roman doing well and maybe challenging SJP.
The # of flags are curious. Didn't see games and won't speculate. But for RC 's games downline, I think RCH13co18's concerns are well founded.
I think the last 2 years or so we had the talent in house. In order for us to make that next jump we’ll need to be in position to win tight ball games. I’m not one of those former players and dads that think we gonna go up broad street and blow that team out in the near future, so in order to turn the corner we need to get within striking distance and give ourselves a chance to win in the 4th. We’re on a collision course to meet the public league power in order to get out the city. That game will come down to who plays the cleanest game bc they’ll be talent all over the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT