ADVERTISEMENT

ridley

Can they beat Haverford High next week? Is the game on the road? They win and they are in!

For everyone who was running Wood and his staff out after this season, you have to give him kudos for the turnaround they have had. He was quoted many times stating that this team was young-how many returning starters will come back next season?

Last edited:
They’re not as young as people think. I was at the game last night. I only counted 3-4 underclassmen that played. I believe only 1 on offense returns. Defense plays a few sophs and a junior. Speed would know more. Upper Darby on the other hand had 7 juniors and a soph starting on O. QB, rb, fb, 4 olineman and a wr. And 6 underclassmen starting on D. 2 DBs, LB, 3 DL. They were physically outmatched last night. Ridley controlled the clock and simply outplayed UD. As much as people bash Ridley- the offense, when rolling, is very tough to stop. I give them a chance at haverford this week. Mismatches will be haverfords WRs against ridleys DBs.

Delco is right - they aren’t that young. There have certainly been younger Ridley teams in the past that have won. It’s not like they are playing a group of sophomores. To me , saying you have a young team before you even play a game is just a built in excuse in case things don’t go well . I would not get too excited with the turn around. They beat 3 of the worst programs in Distrct 1 ( Stoga , Penncrest and LM) , a mediocre 5A Strath Haven ( sorry Foot) and now an over rated UD squad.

Haverford will be tough. If you look at common opponents , you’d have to think Haverford big. Plus , Ridley has struggled with teams that have dynamic , mobile QB this year , and Haverford has a real good one. Ridley is going to have to move the ball on the ground with some 10 play , 7 minute drives to keep Haverford offense on the sidelines. But that’s why they play the games .

Delco is right - they aren’t that young. There have certainly been younger Ridley teams in the past that have won. It’s not like they are playing a group of sophomores. To me , saying you have a young team before you even play a game is just a built in excuse in case things don’t go well . I would not get too excited with the turn around. They beat 3 of the worst programs in Distrct 1 ( Stoga , Penncrest and LM) , a mediocre 5A Strath Haven ( sorry Foot) and now an over rated UD squad.

Haverford will be tough. If you look at common opponents , you’d have to think Haverford big. Plus , Ridley has struggled with teams that have dynamic , mobile QB this year , and Haverford has a real good one. Ridley is going to have to move the ball on the ground with some 10 play , 7 minute drives to keep Haverford offense on the sidelines. But that’s why they play the games .
That's OK Speed, we had a great run and now it's someone else turn. Teams like Haven will struggle when you only have 36? players. I think Ridley always has a bigger mountain to climb being at 6A. Playing a team like NP isn't easy.

Speed is right. Everyone who thinks Ridley is back needs to pump the brakes. They’ve beaten one team with a winning record in UD, who is doing the same thing they do every year, start strong and fade at the end of the season. How they do this week against a good Haverford team will determine if they’ve turned the corner or are just beating lesser teams.

Speed is right. Everyone who thinks Ridley is back needs to pump the brakes. They’ve beaten one team with a winning record in UD, who is doing the same thing they do every year, start strong and fade at the end of the season. How they do this week against a good Haverford team will determine if they’ve turned the corner or are just beating lesser teams.
They are sure looking better on tape....Ridleytv.com....regardless of comp. Unless Fords awesome up front, that line of Ridley's (!) ought to be able to batter them, eat clock and move chains.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT